Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah do you not know that we don’t magically turn the same shade as a white person under different light. In case you didn’t know.
    Maybe they..... *throws dart on board* ran out of brown ink??? Any excuse is valid as long as Marvel didnt do it on purpose and loves blacka dn brown people.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    in the most obvious telegraph of them all, they're just going to setup bobby with christian aren't they? eyerolling.jpg
    He would not be the first Frost to be inside Iceman. *Badum tss*

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Maybe they..... *throws dart on board* ran out of brown ink??? Any excuse is valid as long as Marvel didnt do it on purpose and loves blacka dn brown people.
    Blee didn’t do it on PuRpOSe so obviously that excuses him.

BANNED

Blee didn’t do it on PuRpOSe so obviously that excuses him.
    He probably meant to make them darker but then the book was due to be sent to the printer and they just stayed like that. And it keeps happening every issue. By pure coincidence. Yep.

I dont get teh complaints about Storm's skin. She does not look like a white woman to me

Loving the Hellfire drama and hot mess party time Kate. Pyro is going to get his silly ass killed again, but I'll enjoy the show until that happens.

Not loving that Bishop and Storm are pretty much cameos so far... and then there's the colors. It's been a week for bad coloring, but at least Elfquest was just garish and inconsistent. This is like, literally offensively bad.

Here for Christian Frost showing up and throwing money into the "Wynegard is the Black Bishop" betting pool. Another book that's staying on the pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    i get that it's an x-book and everybody eventually bones everybody, but it seems like an obvious cliche to have the 2 gay characters be a thing with each other
    Pyro + Bobby as fire and ice would be more cliche, so if they're doing a gay relationship, then I hope it'll be Christian

Yeah we don’t magically turn the same shade as a white person under different light. In case you didn’t know.
    I get that. Do you get that this is a method used in comics often to give them the appearance of a dynamic 3 dimensional image?

Just like no one claimed Kate was purple washed in the pan WL a two pages previous or that Pyro was orange washed just below Gateway appearing.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 11-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Pyro + Bobby as fire and ice would be more cliche, so if they're doing a gay relationship, then I hope it'll be Christian
    Guggs already did that anyway and it would even more cliche if this Pyro is also gay and also hooked up with Bobby

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    this is a method used in comics often
    We can all agree it happens often at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Guggs already did that anyway and it would even more cliche if this Pyro is also gay and also hooked up with Bobby
    Maybe Bobby just has a type.

Johnny Storm, Rusty and Sunfire are up next

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    How about to give it the appearance of depth by lighting figures at different depth differently?

I get that. Do you get that this is a method used in comics often to give them the appearance of a dynamic 3 dimensional image?
    This excuse is a new one. What about making Storm, Bishop, and Gateway ashy gives them a “dynamic 3 dimensional image”?

Man, this reads like my last manic episode: A helluva lot of fun, but wildly out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol you're right. First the ice/fire cliche with Pyro II (who shouldn't have existed in the first place), AND repeating it with OG Pyro would be very cheap.

So now lighting issues are going to be considered white washing

But onto why I’m here. I am loving this book!!! And I haven’t enjoyed Kitty, sorry Kate, this much in a long time!
    well, if a black character isn't drawn black for any reason, then it's going to be a problem, yes.