Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This books seems artificial to me still....

They're trying to hard to make Kitty .... Kate...a cool bad ass. It went to far.

The tattoo parlor scene felt very amateur and juvenile.

The pirate angle is weird...why not use the jets?

Storm feels weird in a non leader role. I hate her as just support.

Emma continues to be the highlight for me.
    The concept of the book is suing ships just because. the worse part is the other books also using hsips just for integrations

Storm is babysitting Kitty.

I think they are overdoing Kitty as alcoholic. Funny that this was Piotr state when he was on astonishing x-men

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    He was wasted and is coming to terms with his immortality. Id get an ugly face tattoo too but they should really change its color to red or something.
    I think it was red in some cover? I thought it was a mask when I first saw it. Is this book being rushed somehow?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's really not X-Men Gold.

First and foremost there is an overall arching plot. We're two issues in and we've had Emma, Pyro and Kitty being fleshed out. The dialogue is the exact opposite of stiff. Every X-Book in Dawn of X blends in with each other, there's an over arching connecting plot and continuity is acknowledged.

Furthermore, they act as a team.

Also while Kitty had her soul sucked out of her in Gold to where she was wasted and drained she's full of life here and intrigue

Everyone in this book is fun not just Kitty. Hell Iceman and Pyro have been great.
    kitty is front and center while everyone is playing background. the entire team gets tagged by batroc except kitty who handles him without issue. it's very much like gold even though it's not exactly the same. that's why I said its gold repackaged.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    kitty is front and center while everyone is playing background. the entire team gets tagged by batroc except kitty who handles him without issue. it's very much like gold even though it's not exactly the same. that's why I said its gold repackaged.
    She did the equivalent of suckerpunching him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think it was red in some cover? I thought it was a mask when I first saw it. Is this book being rushed somehow?
    I think it was. Maybe they noticed the issue with covering his face in black ink and course corrected in subsequent issues.

Yeah I'm checking out of this Emma-Sebastion dick waving contest of a series. The blackface tattoo and changed race of Gateway are another matter entirely. And Storm being all "Ugh, I wish I could just kill these guys" was bizarre.

At this point, Kitty Pryde is looking like she's getting that push a la Roman Reigns in this book.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    And Storm being all "Ugh, I wish I could just kill these guys" was bizarre.
    Is it though? We’ve seen Storm lick someone else’s blood off a knife before she ripped her heart out. Her venting to herself in a scene played for laughs shouldn’t be that bizarre.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I loved this issue so much minus Gateway being white as f*ck. Mama taunting the hell out of Sebastian and the final seen with her sinister smirk on her beautiful diamond face as Kate announces she's the Red King was orgasmic. Pyro saying "muties" was weird to me considering it's suppose to be a racist term against mutants but okay. Storm was fun to read and Kate was such a badass. Iceman is the only one I'm like eh but overall a damn fun comic. I truly cannot wait for the future issues of Marauders
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Batroc kicking Ororo and punching Iceman was sacrilege. How a gwenpool character do this to two omega mutants?
    This was easily the worst part of the issue, really not much different from Gold. it only lacked ororo fainting

I thought this was ace. Even though it's all Kitty, it's the opposite of Gold where the comic is actually good.

But yeah, it's probably going to go sideways if they don't focus more on the team.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I am still undecided on Marauders. I find the concept pretty fun, but the cast seems wrong.

I feel like if the cast consisted of those with more questionable morals, it would make more sense.
    This is indeed the problem with the book. It wants to be basically two different books at once. We have Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, and their power struggle (of course WHY is there a struggle at all? needs to be answered, they could and should just be working together) and then Kitty's character evolution/devolution which is being accelerated by Emma. All that is cool.

THEN we have Storm, Iceman, and Pyro being just sort of fun loving and there to help the mutants. Which is good but clashes massively with the above.

Bishop I can't even place as of yet he seems to be doing his own detective work.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nice interaction between Emma and Shaw.
    Bishop
    Shame about Gateway tho. Read some of the old books please.
    I know some of you frauds are already accusing Duggan and the art team of black face.

9/10
    And it's not black face that's how ridiculous some folks on here are on this board. That's obviously the tattoo we see on Pyro's face on later issues. Plus the tattoo is new so it will start off black but turn red as it heals. Blackface would be Pyro "acting black" while having covered his entire face black. However only part of his face that's black is the middle which is due to his tattoo. Gateway, Storm, and Bishop not being dark skin is the only thing pissing me off with Marauders right now. Get a fucking colorist that knows how to color black characters
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yeah I'm checking out of this Emma-Sebastion dick waving contest of a series. The blackface tattoo and changed race of Gateway are another matter entirely. And Storm being all "Ugh, I wish I could just kill these guys" was bizarre.

I think my favorite parts of the issue were Emma and Shaw. I think the voices for each character could be a lot better. I think Hickman does a great voice for Emma Frost. I judge all Emma versions by Grant Morrison's version (yes I know she was around a long time before Morrison wrote her but he gave her that extra flare and voice that made her an even better character). Emma is snarky and witty but it has to be written in a clever way and I think that is hard for a lot of writers. This is just my own personal opinion.

I do not like Kitty being this joke character and I feel the same way with Iceman and Storm...or even Pyro. But this book is the joke book, It is like the Excalibur of yester-year. I like humor in small doses but this is the humor book.

The face tat for Pyro was yikes inducing.

I think this book has a great premise and it could be a really great book but instead it is the flashy book with a lot of humor but little substance (so far). I say this but X-twitter loves his book so it definitely appears to some fans which is great. I like that we have different books for all types of readers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think it was. Maybe they noticed the issue with covering his face in black ink and course corrected in subsequent issues.
    The only red tattoo mask I have seen is the Dauterman Cover which has fiery lighting on the reflective surface of the swords, so that is not exactly reference material. Have we seen it as red anywhere else?

The Krakoan alphabet in the books in black, the skull and crossbones is black. Makes perfect sense that it will remain black.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.