Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But who do we think will be the Black Bishop? I’m thinking mayyyyyyybbeeeeeeeeeeee Shinobi or Empath (someone on this board said it and it kind of makes sense)? If it’s Shinobi then it adds to the Gay(tm) factor of this book.
    Shinobi has betrayed and tried to kill Sebastian in the past, so I doubt he would choose him, but Empath would be a good way to piss off Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Shinobi has betrayed and tried to kill Sebastian in the past, so I doubt he would choose him, but Empath would be a good way to piss off Emma.
    Sure but Krakoa’s about new beginnings and all that.

And I’d love a filthy, sexy triangle with Bobs, Christian, and Shinobi.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wyngarde for Black Bishop, Callisto for White Knight, and Rachel will probably be in the Red Court.
    Hmm interesting interesting. I definitely agree about Callisto that seems all but confirmed really now. Wyngarde, um is the OG mastermind back? I suppose so then. Rachel idk, it might simultaneously diminish her somewhat but also we'll see. I want being in the Hellfire Trading Company to mean things and it shouldn't just be a superficial fashion statement while Kate and her buddies are Heroic. It ought to imply things about Kate, who she associates with, how she acts.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

This was another really fun issue, with some interesting set up for future issues. Shaw is absolutely going to be hitting back soon. Lolli's art is a great fit for the book, very dynamic and expressive. St. John, what did you do to your face?!

Wyngarde for Black Bishop, Callisto for White Knight, and Rachel will probably be in the Red Court.

The Krakoan tagline for next issue was "Queer". Hopefully Duggan delivers.
    It said "queen".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It said "queen".
    Is there a difference?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It's happened, it's a conscious choice and many artists have come forward about it. Just off the top of my head.

https://thenib.com/lighten-up-4f7f96ca8a7e

And we really should be past the point of asking "why would *any company ever* want to diminish black/brown people". Im sure they will find the right technique to color dark skin next time a black villain shows up
    I hadnt re checked that blog post in a while but lmao.

Its literally the excuse that was given to this artist to consciously recolor a character skin. I dont even wanna hear that unconscious bias bull. Creators know what they are doing when they whiten the skin of comicbook superheroes.

edit; if Daken dont f### everyone sideways and take the Lord Imperial spot Im going to die.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 11-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

I think the lighting issue is systemic or unconscious either out of editorial or on the part of the colorist. That doesn't make it okay. I don't think it's as egregious in Marauders as in other past examples, but I do think it should be addressed.

The book is great. I'll talk about it later.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It said "queen".
    Lol, wishful thinking, I guess!

Jesus. I love Gerry Duggan’s work but this Kitty Pryde is so ooc. My god! And horrible tattoos. And Gateway wtf?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Duggan writing Emma as well as he did in Infinity Wars and that was when she was supposed to be a bitch.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It's sort of funny this book is called Marauders when its pretty much a Hellfire book.
    I don't mind the "Marauders" title, but you can't imagine how much I wanted them to call this book "Hellfire", omg, I would have loved that so much. I have wanted Marvel to do a Hellfire Club focussed book for years and now we have one and I love it. I love all the Machiavellian machinations and counter plays! I can't wait to see what happens next. They could do an entire 2 or 3 issue arch called the "War of the Courts", Red vs White vs Black.

I want this to be so down and dirty as we go forward, lets bring back Selene, Leland, Wyngarde, Shinobi, Sage/Tessa. I would love if everyone takes unexpected sides, like Sage/Tessa and Leland going to Kate's Red Court, Shinobi siding with Emma against his Dad, etc.. There is so much they can do, just go all in completely and make this an ongoing book about the HFC and Kate's Marauders team!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

After getting the chance to read this issue, I'm disappointed, TBH. The pacing is way too fast and erratic for my liking, the coloring, ESPECIALLY where Storm and Gateway are concerned, is almost as cringeworthy as Kitty's dialogue and Pyro's tattoo (face tats are so 2003, BTW). I mean, it's approaching Bendis/Guggenhiem levels of basic. I'd expect this out of a Deadpool book or ASM, but not from this type of title. I'm giving the Emma/Shaw subplot a chance due to potential payoff, but, I'm worried about the buildup.

At this point, Ororo had better take Emma aside, yoke her by that plastic collar and demand that she make her Grand Imperial, especially 'Ro having to babysit Kitty, Bobby, Pyro along with Mystique, Shaw and Sinister on the council.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    After getting the chance to read this issue, I'm disappointed, TBH. The pacing is way too fast and erratic for my liking, the coloring, ESPECIALLY where Storm and Gateway are concerned, is almost as cringeworthy as Kitty's dialogue and Pyro's tattoo (face tats are so 2003, BTW). I mean, it's approaching Bendis/Guggenhiem levels of basic. I'd expect this out of a Deadpool book or ASM, but not from this type of title. I'm giving the Emma/Shaw subplot a chance due to potential payoff, but, I'm worried about the buildup.

At this point, Ororo had better take Emma aside, yoke her by that plastic collar and demand that she make her Grand Imperial, especially 'Ro having to babysit Kitty, Bobby, Pyro along with Mystique, Shaw and Sinister on the council.
    I actually really hope that is part of Emma's plan, to set things up so Storm becomes the new Lord Imperial. She probably feels that there is no way Shaw would agree to her being Lord Imperial again, however, she might be able to manipulate Shaw into voting for Storm to be Lord Imperial if she sets it up right. Emma knows Kate would 100% vote for Storm, and then Emma throws her vote in and suddenly Storm is now unanimously voted in as Lord Imperial!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Guggs already did that anyway and it would even more cliche if this Pyro is also gay and also hooked up with Bobby
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There’s a way to light dark skin without lightening their entire tone.

https://petapixel.com/2017/09/14/loo...-black-actors/

But who do we think will be the Black Bishop? I’m thinking mayyyyyyybbeeeeeeeeeeee Shinobi or Empath (someone on this board said it and it kind of makes sense)? If it’s Shinobi then it adds to the Gay(tm) factor of this book.
    I've been saying they need to use Shinobi more since Daken's solo. I want those two team up and this book would be perfect for that.

I would also love to see the Hellions and more classic Hellfire characters make appearances too.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Chalk up another win for DoX! New Mutants needs to bring it neXt week, to keep pace!!

Kitty's character rehab continues, Emma's shining bright again, and Ororo, Bobby, Lucas, & St. John all had some smaller, but good moments. Sebastian got what he deserved, if you're gonna play, you're gonna pay.