Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Agree on the Cordelia thing.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Emma said that Cordelia is "Charles Xavier of empathy" so she might be just as powerful, if not more so, than Emma.
    I've seen that quote around the net as well, but never found a source for it. Nor has wikipedia.

As far as I know Cordelia's powers have never been stated on the page. Possibly in some comic she did not actually appear in, but she's such an obscure character that I can't see why any writer would bother.

For more on-topic stuff:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...es-a-red-queen
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 11-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Nice to see Emma mentioning - ironically - the concept of secondary mutation. Did that concept lived long after Morrison's departure? I didn't read much X-Books (but Whedon's) for more than a decade, so I don't know if any other Mutants than Hank and Emma had some secondary mutation/power.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Nice to see Emma mentioning - ironically - the concept of secondary mutation. Did that concept lived long after Morrison's departure? I didn't read much X-Books (but Whedon's) for more than a decade, so I don't know if any other Mutants than Hank and Emma had some secondary mutation/power.
    Angel had healing blood for a hot minute and Iceman's was that he was entirely made of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Angel had healing blood for a hot minute and Iceman's was that he was entirely made of ice.
    Thanks. I'm "Iceman ignorant" : I always thought he was entirely ice since the 90's. My bad.
    Healing blood for Angel? What a strange idea. It's hard to buy. I guess that's why it didn't last.

Anyway, I hope that Kitty's secondary mutation is her ability to drink a lot, without turning into a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Did you read X-men Blue? Emma was involved in Mothervine and that would ignite secondary mutations in some mutants. Toad gained the ability to have a flame tongue and Wolfsbane could morph into multiple wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did you read X-men Blue? Emma was involved in Mothervine and that would ignite secondary mutations in some mutants. Toad gained the ability to have a flame tongue and Wolfsbane could morph into multiple wolves
    I prefer to forget that entire arc happened. Wasted every character, and I'm still incredulous that Emma suffered no consequences for bombing multiple cities with body-horror inducing mutation bombs. That kid who's eyes got replaced with mouths will haunt me till the day I die.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I prefer to forget that entire arc happened. Wasted every character, and I'm still incredulous that Emma suffered no consequences for bombing multiple cities with body-horror inducing mutation bombs. That kid who's eyes got replaced with mouths will haunt me till the day I die.
    Not every mutant is lucky enough to get telepathy or kinetic charging of objects or weather control as their power. Giving people the powers they should have had if Wanda didn't throw a bitch fit wasn't a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not every mutant is lucky enough to get telepathy or kinetic charging of objects or weather control as their power. Giving people the powers they should have had if Wanda didn't throw a bitch fit wasn't a bad idea.
    That poor kid with the mouth face screaming for his mother made me almost physically ill. After that moment, any time a mutant cure comes up I think yeah, this should be a thing. Some mutants really desperately need it. When your mutation is less superhero and more "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" you kind of need it if you are ever going to have anything resembling quality of life.

Although in that case it was more "I Only Have Mouths And All I Can Do is Scream". You get my point.

That poor kid with the mouth face screaming for his mother made me almost physically ill. After that moment, any time a mutant cure comes up I think yeah, this should be a thing. Some mutants really desperately need it. When your mutation is less superhero and more "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" you kind of need it if you are ever going to have anything resembling quality of life.

Although in that case it was more "I Only Have Mouths And All I Can Do is Scream". You get my point.
    Yeah, that kid got the rough end of the powers stick. Funny to me that we only see the absolute most horrible mutations to have when editorial wants to make the mutants the bad guys for not wanting to be cured (see Fraction's Astonishing for another example).

]Not every mutant is lucky enough to get telepathy or kinetic charging of objects or weather control as their power. Giving people the powers they should have had if Wanda didn't throw a bitch fit wasn't a bad idea.
    That doesn't make it right. People didn't asked for mutations and it had bad effects, like Blob becoming a literal blob. Just don't see the difference between this and the inhumans, people who weren't mutants becoming mutants isn't cool.

he can eat really fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That doesn't make it right. People didn't asked for mutations and it had bad effects, like Blob becoming a literal blob. Just don't see the difference between this and the inhumans, people who weren't mutants becoming mutants isn't cool.

he can eat really fast too.
    But it was powers they would have had if Wanda hadn't cast No More Mutants. And for every mutant who gets a horrible power, another gets a terrific one.

But it was powers they would have had if Wanda hadn't cast No More Mutants. And for every mutant who gets a horrible power, another gets a terrific one.
    They were transforming even people who weren't mutants and didn't had the X gene. And I also guess depowered mutants had the right to be asked if they wanted to get back to being mutants.
    It's not so terrific if you get one really monstruous because a bunch of people you don't know and doesn't give a damn decided for you. This is one of the worse things.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They were transforming even people who weren't mutants and didn't had the X gene. And I also guess depowered mutants had the right to be asked if they wanted to get back to being mutants.
    It's not so terrific if you get one really monstruous because a bunch of people you don't know and doesn't give a damn decided for you. This is one of the worse things.
    Mothervine was supposed to only act on people whose X-Gene was repressed somehow. It turning anyone into a mutant was not part of the plan.

Mothervine was supposed to only act on people whose X-Gene was repressed somehow. It turning anyone into a mutant was not part of the plan.
    It was part of the plan, but Emma might not have known that. And even for the people who originally had X-genes, having that 'turned on' by someone else because they wanted to shore up their numbers is heinous. It was wrong for Wanda to rewrite everyone's genes without consent, and it was wrong for the villains in Blue to do the same.

It was part of the plan, but Emma might not have known that. And even for the people who originally had X-genes, having that 'turned on' by someone else because they wanted to shore up their numbers is heinous. It was wrong for Wanda to rewrite everyone's genes without consent, and it was wrong for the villains in Blue to do the same.
    Fixing a problem someone else caused isn't a bad thing. Giving people the gifts they were always supposed to have isn't either.