Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The coloring of everything sucks. Sebastian is colored a dozen different ways. Batroc the leaper goes from red to pink to orange or something. And while I do not think the agenda here is to white wash anyone, I do think the colorist and artist need to recognize that characters of darker skin tones need to be show correctly, and that means the background colors and lighting effects need to be done in a way to allow the proper skin tones, they should not be affecting the skin tones in order to get all that fancy stuff crammed in there.
    I thought only me that saw the bad coloring on this book. I'm not one to noticed it, but the way colorist use to to color everyone is weird and inconsistent. The white wash happens too. The penciller seemm to have hard time to draw black characters with their own characterisitcs different from the white ones.

BANNED

Everyone in this book sounds like they're drunk, on cocaine or in real need of sex.

So, it's an X-Men book. 8/10. The egregious coloring brings this book down a lot. Where's my man Matt Wilson to right these mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, I just realized that Emma was trying to get the Cuckoos to be her White Knights. Emma is trying to put her entire white side of the board fully operational before Sebastian could get his all slated. She wasn't trying to get the Cuckoos to be Red Queen, she already gave that to Kate, she was asking them to be her Knights!
    Oh you're right. I wonder who she's picking now. Callisto?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Emma’s diamond form looked beautiful. Shame it had to be shown because Shaw sideways chokeslammed her into a wall.
    Emma probably didn't mind, if she wasn't even aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This would be an alright book, like some creator owned thing that wanted to be a manga ripoff. I just don't think it fits the cast or anything. I could get over that, admittedly, if they were not trying to make these books so interconnected. Emma arguing with Sebastian is just silly. She is the one who wanted a third seat so why is Sebastian so convinced he is picking the person to fill it? Should they not be working together? I get that is keeping him in check, but the reason he is doing this is because he needs the capital to operate. Why would Krakoa set him up to fill a role without the funds needed?

I just hope there is more plot going forward than HFC drama because slapstick-at-sea only goes so far.
    this is diluting the argument everyone else is making, and ignoring the long history of darker skinned characters being whitewashed, often on purpose. Who cares about Batroc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    I get what you’re saying about Emma and the girlfriend lines they could’ve went about that a different way but I understood what that mean between Emma and Shaw relationship past/future plus I feel she just likes sticking it to Shaw. The coloring of the black characters is getting out of hand
    Then she went and brought it up to Kate who probablycouldnt care less. Emma's very messy and I wouldnt surprised if EmmaxShaw pairing was a thing in the future, with her being on top this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh wow, yeah, maybe she does pick Callisto.

I love that the argument about Kate's role is finally over, She's the f***ing Red (Pirate) Queen Bitch!!

This book really is going to be like Game of Thrones, haha, except the White Queen and Red Queen are mostly allied with each other against the Black King!

Haha, Emma still hates Sebastian so much she wants to constantly torment and annoy him for the rest of his life!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Whitewash and blackface are brutal, but I thought the African nation was one that couldn't take the deal for political reasons, not economic ones? I don't have the issue here but that's what I remember.
    Things are starting to fall apart with that. I thought the Black King was supposed to be dealing with the shady stuff including getting mutants out of non-treaty countries. So why is 'Kate' doing it? Besides, the only African countries were Wakanda affiliates. Also, I think something mentioned Liberia who should not be a problem country.

BANNED

This was good.

I thought this issue was funny as hell. Kitty and Pyro are so wacky it love it. I liked that Storm was keeping herself from killing Batroc for kicking her haha.

The discussion between Emma and Sebastian came off to me like Sebastian was complaining a lot.

It’s good to see Gateway, and dear god I hope Pyro doesn’t keep that Tattoo on his face.....ew.

So, all in all I enjoyed it very funny. And we have vacant spots for: Black Bishop, Red Bishop, White Knight, Black Knight and a Red Knight. Cool can’t wait to start guessing.

I liked it but at this point, I'm just ready for something to actually happen. We basically waited a month just to have confirmation of what we already know (Kate becoming Red Queen).

Also, I get that they're pirates, but they really need to turn down the hedonism. Most of the cast felt OOC. I mean they were supposed to meet Bishop but they forgot and went to a club beforehand?

I'll say though, that final page was epic.

First issue was 5/5. This gets a 3/5 for me.

I just realized something, what if Emma is setting it up so Storm becomes Lord Imperial. Her dialogue indicates she really wants to force the HFC in a new direction and to fully support Krakoa. I wonder if she decides the only way to truly keep the HFC honest and prevent Shaw from usurping control is to back someone like Storm as the Lord Imperial of the HFC!

That Data page made me very suspicious about where Storm fits into this, because it looks like the three Monarchs will answer to the Lord Imperial, and Emma seems to be arranging things for someone else to be Lord Imperial, someone that Sebastian will not want in that position. I am going to hold out hope that Storm becomes the new Lord Imperial!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I hope Shaw gets some good backup soon, the book needs a good villain to offer some stakes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nice interaction between Emma and Shaw.
    Bishop
    Shame about Gateway tho. Read some of the old books please.
    I know some of you frauds are already accusing Duggan and the art team of black face.

9/10
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, I just realized that Emma was trying to get the Cuckoos to be her White Knights. Emma is trying to put her entire white side of the board fully operational before Sebastian could get his all slated. She wasn't trying to get the Cuckoos to be Red Queen, she already gave that to Kate, she was asking them to be her Knights!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think she wanted the Cuckoos to be White Bishop and the data page confirms Christian took the spot. While Callisto will be White Knight. I assume Bishop are advisors to the Monarchs while Knights are more like enforcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nice interaction between Emma and Shaw.
    Bishop
    Shame about Gateway tho. Read some of the old books please.
    I know some of you frauds are already accusing Duggan and the art team of black face.

9/10
    Frauds????

I mean its an ugly tattoo. And it covers his charming handsome aussie face.

And his husbro Avalanche would not approve.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-20-2019 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

He was wasted and is coming to terms with his immortality. Id get an ugly face tattoo too but they should really change its color to red or something.