Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Even though I like Kitty being badass, I don't like that the rest of team is hardly doing anything in fights(this and the first issue too) or just getting punched....

I'm excited to learn more about the Hellfire Club members!

BANNED

Pyro made this tatoo cause he know that if he doesn't want this tattoo anymore in future he kill himself (or with the help of someone) and just "respawn"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was fun, Emma is such a troll lol
    I thought it was kinda bad how she alluded to Shaw's gf like six times Sounded like a jealous ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    X-Men scuttling whaling boats and going to gay clubs is all I ever wanted, but...

Why is Gateway white? Why are the X-Men getting horrible tattoos? Very Chuck Austen
    Im assuming Pyro will die and come back without it. he's acting a lil unhinged Im expecting his storyline will be about the psychological fallout of coming back from the dead.

I liked Kate chugging on that bottle after hearing of Xavier's death, I've never related to her more. I gasped when she kissed the tattoo artist I hope she gets a boy/girlfriend in every city they visit. Although with confirmation she gets to have two underlings in the HFC there's no doubt now Rachel will show up, probably as Red Bishop.

Hated white Storm, white Gateway and Kittys line about the drugs being needed in a poor african country. Bish you cant remember the name of a country? smh

I dunno what it is, but the G-Man jus be hittin' a lil' different now...

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

That end scene with Emma Shaw and Kate is giving me life I really feel like this about to become my favorite xbook for the dawn of X line

Emma’s diamond form looked beautiful. Shame it had to be shown because Shaw sideways chokeslammed her into a wall. Love Duggan’s Kate Pryde but I’ll never say that out in public until I see her smooch a w*man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I dunno what it is, but the G-Man jus be hittin' a lil' different now...

oh **** he whitewashed :^0

he do be lookin kinda fresh doe

Extraordinary Member

This would be an alright book, like some creator owned thing that wanted to be a manga ripoff. I just don't think it fits the cast or anything. I could get over that, admittedly, if they were not trying to make these books so interconnected. Emma arguing with Sebastian is just silly. She is the one who wanted a third seat so why is Sebastian so convinced he is picking the person to fill it? Should they not be working together? I get that is keeping him in check, but the reason he is doing this is because he needs the capital to operate. Why would Krakoa set him up to fill a role without the funds needed?

I just hope there is more plot going forward than HFC drama because slapstick-at-sea only goes so far.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I thought it was kinda bad how she alluded to Shaw's gf like six times Sounded like a jealous ex.

Im assuming Pyro will die and come back without it. he's acting a lil unhinged Im expecting his storyline will be about the psychological fallout of coming back from the dead.

I liked Kate chugging on that bottle after hearing of Xavier's death, I've never related to her more. I gasped when she kissed the tattoo artist I hope she gets a boy/girlfriend in every city they visit. Although with confirmation she gets to have two underlings in the HFC there's no doubt now Rachel will show up, probably as Red Bishop.

Hated white Storm, white Gateway and Kittys line about the drugs being needed in a poor african country. Bish you cant remember the name of a country? smh
    I get what you’re saying about Emma and the girlfriend lines they could’ve went about that a different way but I understood what that mean between Emma and Shaw relationship past/future plus I feel she just likes sticking it to Shaw. The coloring of the black characters is getting out of hand

Better than the first issue. Iconic end flash page

I love how this and Excalibur are moving at basically the same pace but Duggan injects so much humor and personality into his leads that you don't really notice. That white man was not Gateway, I refuse. But yeah, it's a fun book even if I don't feel like too much is actually happening. I'm hoping by issue three we actually get to see some more saving of stranded mutants and whatever is going on in Taipei.

Get a new colorist please!

Fantastic Member

Ain't nobody gonna comment on just how god-awful Kitty's tattoos are? In addition to Pyro's? Like holy balls, there are pirate tattoos that aren't total crap. I'm legit hoping they mention the tattoo artist noticing them coming in drinking and choosing to make them temporary or something because their choices were awful.

Also kind of wondering how long it'll be until someone gives Kitty an intervention, because at this rate she's going to start full-on Jack Sparrow cosplaying within the next three issues.

Extraordinary Member

The coloring of everything sucks. Sebastian is colored a dozen different ways. Batroc the leaper goes from red to pink to orange or something. And while I do not think the agenda here is to white wash anyone, I do think the colorist and artist need to recognize that characters of darker skin tones need to be show correctly, and that means the background colors and lighting effects need to be done in a way to allow the proper skin tones, they should not be affecting the skin tones in order to get all that fancy stuff crammed in there.

Shaw will have his revenge

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Whitewash and blackface are brutal, but I thought the African nation was one that couldn't take the deal for political reasons, not economic ones? I don't have the issue here but that's what I remember.

OMG, I just realized that Emma was trying to get the Cuckoos to be her White Knights. Emma is trying to put her entire white side of the board fully operational before Sebastian could get his all slated. She wasn't trying to get the Cuckoos to be Red Queen, she already gave that to Kate, she was asking them to be her Knights!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”