Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Not sure how I feel about it. I kinda wish the tone was less 'omg twitter funs'.

Kitty sure is drinking alot in this series

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty sure is drinking alot in this series
    As expected of Logan's first daughter.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I like that Kitty is written like most main male characters are written, but without trying to draw attention to it on purpose. There is a bunch of writers I could see making a character nagging at her only to be told by Kate they'd never do it if she was Gambit or Logan, and people would call it the s and b-words. It's pretty great.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Great book. Might still be the best of the DoX lineup.

I suspect Pyro will die and be reborn without the tattoo.

I also expect Kate's drinking to be a sub-plot.

I do not understand the relations to Twitter or memeing. For example, on the last page, Kate is just using Black King's words against him.

The Gateway coloring situation is weird, because he's sitting in the rain under a light at night. Has he indeed been whitewashed, or is the spot lighting brightening him and wet, flattened hair being misunderstood?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

UXF had Gateway in their dank-ass cave HQ and you could still tell he was dark-skinned.

Someone was tripping.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I like that Kitty is written like most main male characters are written, but without trying to draw attention to it on purpose. There is a bunch of writers I could see making a character nagging at her only to be told by Kate they'd never do it if she was Gambit or Logan, and people would call it the s and b-words. It's pretty great.
    Name me any current male main characters in other marvel books that would be getting tattoos while drunk and kissing random strangers while they forget the mission they're on (and then remember, do a minimal aspect of it, then bail on it again)? like if anything that would apply to, say, Deadpool, and Kitty has nothing in common with deadpool.. at all.

It's maybe a trope of Logan's or something, from decades ago and with a writer that explores zero nuance to the character, but that is neither high praise nor relevant to present-day-kitty, who just almost up and got married.

I'm not sure how they aren't trying to draw attention to it either when kitty continues to be the focal character of both issues so far.

Not sure if I agree with you at all on that, because it legit looks like (as someone else has stated) Kitty is having a midlife crisis before she hits 30. Which would make sense, if it was some sort of post-alter-leaving-meltdown, but there's been zero hints of it stemming from emotional turmoil, and a whole lot of hints that it's a Bendis-style character regression to where Kitty is suddenly a teenager again and acting like an impulsive brat.

Which I guess is a valid method of characterizing her, but it's pretty inconsistent with the kitty who's been leading teams and in a position of authority for the past several years, and also totally at odds with its own introductory motif: Kitty, encouraged to grow up by Emma, changes her name to Kate and then acts like she's ten years younger than she is. Wait.. what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would imagine Sebastian would recruit those who he feels are loyal to him but I don't have time to go figure out the state of his friendships these days to see who would best fit.

As for Kate, well it would make sense she recruits those from the cast. I don't think they are going to leave out anyone important, so that means Ororo, Bob, and Lucas. There are only two positions, so those guesses that Ororo becomes Lord Imperial are probably good. Bob becomes the Red Bishop because that would match him up with Christian. So that leaves Lucas as the Red Knight.

And then I notice that Lucas is not even listed in the cast for the book and just give up with thinking about it.

edit to add: obvious twist is Emma recruits Bob as White Knight.
    I would imagine Hellfire taking 4 council seats would be the point that -]A[-, Xavier, Magneto and Sinister draw the line

This issue didn't excite me as much as the first. Structurally the story is sound, the cast is engaging; but the art is probably biggest complaint. The art feels generic meant for a children's series. I was excited to be Gateway (and hope he continues to be a presence in the series) but his coloring was off. The tattoo stuff was so dumb. Really Pyro got an entire FACE tattoo? And Kate got a KNUCKLE tattoo???? This is was entirely unnecessary and we know won't last... so why? All that said, I'm thrilled for Christian Frost and I enjoy the Sina Grace Iceman cast of the book. Still on board for now.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Improved a lot compared to #1. It's a full package issue.
    It has conspiracy, good action scenes and funny interactions between characters.

Kate cleary suffering from PTSD with the errant behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Great book. Might still be the best of the DoX lineup.

I suspect Pyro will die and be reborn without the tattoo.

I also expect Kate's drinking to be a sub-plot.

I do not understand the relations to Twitter or memeing. For example, on the last page, Kate is just using Black King's words against him.

The Gateway coloring situation is weird, because he's sitting in the rain under a light at night. Has he indeed been whitewashed, or is the spot lighting brightening him and wet, flattened hair being misunderstood?
    Agree with all of these statements.

Fun book, and honestly one we need. For years X-books have been too gloomy and now is the right time for a little goofy hijinx for a few months. This book and New Mutants are hands down the most fun I've had reading X-books in a while and I'm glad for it.

Free Storm

Man, the art on Marauders is SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. I'm loving the ink work and coloring so much, the psychic and diamond forms were so beautiful, Holy...

This book is so much fun and I loved Emma and Kate at the end, can't wait for next issue.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I liked her in the first issue but I'm afraid they're trying to make her too edgy.
    Yeah, I felt that too, plus I didn’t like the shoddy tattoos, don’t get me wrong, I like tattoos, hell, I’ve designed tattoos, beautiful ink is great, but this felt cheap and a bit nasty.

I liked the Hellfire shenanigans, but the scooting about on a boat feels, I dunno, a bit mundane for the X-Men? These guys have been on interstellar, travels saved the world, yadda, yadda, yadda, just not sure it’s meaty enough plots for A team characters? Not saying it isn’t work needing done, just not by these characters?

Spectacular Member

in the most obvious telegraph of them all, they're just going to setup bobby with christian aren't they? eyerolling.jpg