So first the positives. Loving the art. Loved Shogo. He stole the show with eating Betsy's hair and turning into a dragon. I loved the dreamscape moments and the adorable fire wolf good girl. Apocalypse has the most going on plot wise. He's clearly using them all towards his own ends. I'm still intrigued to see where this goes.

Now the bad. The dialogue was rough - generic, stilted, and it didn't help push the story forward much.

I was thinking today ... why is Jubilee even here? Like, why is she even on the boat and leaving Shogo in the first place? I have no idea what her character motivation is. Same with Remy ... why is he dragging Rogue to the Lighthouse? Did they consult any of the medics, Krakoan experts, or resident telepaths about her condition first? A couple lines of dialogue would have answered this.

Is there something obvious about the Lighthouse from Excalibur history that I'm missing that can help them? If Betsy could ALWAYS teleport to Otherworld, why is she going to the Lighthouse first?! The express idea is to create a Krakoan portal to the Lighthouse because ... ummm, to get to Brian? Legitimately, what am I missing here?

I was having some X-Men Gold flashbacks while Betsy takes all the actions, makes all the decisions, and gives orders as Gambit and Jubilee worry, mope, argue, and wait for her direction.

The characters I'm most here for are either comatose or not contributing much. And I'm fine that Gambit and Jubilee are worried for their loved ones. That makes perfect sense to me and I'm glad to see it ... to a point. But it's basically their only contribution and main character trait besides blasting the cannon fodder.

Still sticking with it though. Honestly I should be loving this book. I want to love it! Let me love it already!