Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Gambit is sound, unfortunately for him his vocal fans are downers. ]
    Eh, you should probably read 99.9% of the comments in this thread, not just Gambit fans but a full range of fans.

BANNED

Gambit’s just worried about his excaliboo. It’ll become tiresome if lasts too much longer though. Angst is not a good look on him.

I feel bad for Tini Howard for having to deal with Gambit fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book has a GREAT roster but its the wrong cast for this plot.

Captain Britain
    Apocalypse
    Banshee or Siryn, heck why not both
    Daytripper
    Nightcrawler

would have been better
    Excalincest

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I was going to put Banshee on X-Factor lol

The line-up would be:

Captain Britain/Monarch (Betts)
    Apocalypse
    Pete Wisdom (or: Nightcrawler)
    Phoenix (Rachel)
    Exodus
    Rictor
    Pixie
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Wiz Kid

Recently brokenhearted Ric would be hot in the ass for immortal pansexual crusade knight Bennet. Betsy would (against her fleeting better judgment) eventually **** Apocalypse after an extended sojourn in the omniverse, completing the ultimate mutant magic circle. The tone and art would be full Zardoz.

I would've used Faiza Hussain or Amanda but they are not of Krakoa. They would be supporting cast along with Brian, Satyrnine, etc.
    Can we switch Wisdom with Chamber, who is british and hot and a descendant of Apocalypse. Mutant Game of Thrones:
    Captain Britain
    Monarch (Jamie)
    Apocalypse
    Chamber
    Emplate
    Penance
    Pixie
    Lady Mastermind

Gambit would be a lot more bearable if readers had any sense Rogue was in actual danger. As it stands we know she's critical to the plot. But please Im begging no more transformation/messing with her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Much easier to deal with apologists right?

I get what you are saying but they probably aren't wrong. Just don't tweet at creators with negativity, folks. Though I will say he isn't written well. Couples rarely are and this is why fans like me do not want to see many X-Men in a couple situation.
    I loved Excalibur 1 but this issue didn't do much for me. I was kind of "meh" to it and Marauders.

I will continue to read though to see if it picks up.

What are Apocalypse's powers these days? I liked him best when he was like Hordak from MOTU/She-Ra (changing his body, etc) but Tini seems to write him as a tp/tk?? I know other writers made him both but I wish we could forget that. It is strange enough that both Betsy and Kwannon are tp/tk, you would think at least one would just be tp only as they were originally set out to be.

I do like Betsy headlining a book, but I do want more from Rogue and Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    What are Apocalypse's powers these days?
    Yes.

I think this book could be full apeshit with wilder art and a less middle of the road roster. But I think they fear no one will buy it otherwise, which is probably true. For me, its thunder, artistically and creatively, is rapidly being stolen by FA which will almost certainly be canned first but which is making me invest in Psylocke II/Kwannon much faster than Betsy's new status. There is so much plot here but little character redefinition yet; Betsy is in the armor but we're not inside her here. And I say that as someone who adores Betsy and had zero prior interest in Kwannon or her physical form. Right now Excalibur is just treating it like Carol Danvers got a new codename; the promised exploration of Betsy's POV has yet to materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont hate the idea of them married on paper but theur storyline these last couple years has been obnoxious and ruined a decade worth of character rehabilitation for Rogue.

And yes they're a huge part of whats wrong with the book, they dont fit. It brings the story down and also prevent them from appearing in other books where theyd fit much better.
    Gambit would fit better if they actually were going to do the Deathbit stuff properly particularly given the connection to Poccy.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Eh, you should probably read 99.9% of the comments in this thread, not just Gambit fans but a full range of fans.
    Hey, I've read the thread, and It ain't just this thread, it's all of them, always, never have I seen anything remotely upbeat, enthusiastic and appreciative from some posters.

Gambits appreciation page has become a no go area for me, some fans try to call certain posters out on it, but, nah they just keep moaning.

He's got stuff going on here in this book, he's interacting with all characters, he's just gone to the Otherworld. He's positioned as opposed to Poccy, and if people seriously think that Poccy and the other Villains ain't gonna heal turn eventually, then I've got no time for that naivety. There's plenty to spark interest and imagination for Gambit so far, 2 issues in.

Tini is relatively new to comics (She started reading in her mid twenties and is in her early thirties now), she's a Nightwing fan first and foremost, she's upfront about that. There is a podcast online, I found easily enough, have a listen.

I'm as critical of writings as the next guy, but I don't need to be spoon fed every minutiae of details to enjoy a book. It's a fucking comicbook at the end of the day, it's meant to be lighthearted, fun and escapism for the most part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Gambit would fit better if they actually were going to do the Deathbit stuff properly particularly given the connection to Poccy.
    Didnt they veto Carey from exploring it further? I dont think it will be revisited beyond Gambit dont trust Apocalypse which is dumb bc Gambut was the one who went and asked to be made a horseman.

Hey, I've read the thread, and It ain't just this thread, it's all of them, always, never have I seen anything remotely upbeat, enthusiastic and appreciative from some posters.

Gambits appreciation page has become a no go area for me, some fans try to call certain posters out on it, but, nah they just keep moaning.

He's got stuff going on here in this book, he's interacting with all characters, he's just gone to the Otherworld. He's positioned as opposed to Poccy, and if people seriously think that Poccy and the other Villains ain't gonna heal turn eventually, then I've got no time for that naivety. There's plenty to spark interest and imagination for Gambit so far, 2 issues in.

Tini is relatively new to comics (She started reading in her mid twenties and is in her early thirties now), she's a Nightwing fan first and foremost, she's upfront about that. There is a podcast online, I found easily enough, have a listen.

I'm as critical of writings as the next guy, but I don't need to be spoon fed every minutiae of details to enjoy a book. It's a fucking comicbook at the end of the day, it's meant to be lighthearted, fun and escapism for the most part.
    You tend to get this from comic forums, buck up.

BANNED

Gambit is sound, unfortunately for him his vocal fans are downers. BLESS YOU DOMINO DARE DOLL you're one of a few Gambit fans that remind me to enjoy the character. He might actually be the druid archetype in the Otherworld, which is new, and interesting.
    Jesus, mate, I nearly had a heart-attack when I saw that, lol!!

But yeah, having read pretty much all of the Gambit TPB's that have been released over the last year in one massive sitting (it was heaven, by the way,) I couldn't help but notice that a common theme amongst all of those internal narrations is that, like, Remy never felt that he could be up-front. He never felt like he could lay his cards on the table, because ya know, to be read would be to expose his own weaknesses; that's his angle, after all, but in Mr and Mrs X that was actually challenged outright. Thompson made a point for the two to not have secrets between them, especially not emotional one's...so maybe this is an extension of that? It's purposely working in contrast to what we'd expect because he's growing a bit, emotionally, but it's still in that tentative, awkward phase; like ya never want for it to flare up in such dire times, but because it's Rogue he probably just can't help it.

Also!! I think you're on to something with him being the druid archetype! Check out this DND definition of a druid I lifted from online:

Druid. Whether calling on the elemental forces of nature or emulating the creatures of the animal world, druids are an embodiment of nature's resilience, cunning, and fury. They claim no mastery over nature, but see themselves as extensions of nature's indomitable will.
    Doesn't sound too far off of the mark for Remy!
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 11-20-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like the cast, and I don't have a problem with them not being British or magic oriented. It's a new story, and they will have new roles. My problem is that their roles aren't really clear yet. Excalibur is also not the only DoX book to have a skewed focus, but unlike the other books, the little bits we are getting from the supporting cast are not terribly fun or interesting. And Rogue's part so far is especially tedious.

Gambit is an absolute mess in this book and I don't even like him.

Astonishing Member

Gambit needs to shut the hell up. Jeysus this writer turned him into a Rogue obsessed nagger. I swear I almost every line of dialogue Gambit had either had Rogue's name in it or referenced her in some way