Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    https://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/11/...ApXOg05lfE_9pE (sorry if it's already been posted here).
    Are they allways this chipper? Is that the point? Their schtick?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Are they allways this chipper? Is that the point? Their schtick?
    It's a good write up, lots of attention to detail and gives some informed speculation on this new mythology that Howard is building up. But the editor's notes should be cut by half. The X-Men comics are a sprawling mass of continuity, and some guideposts and footnotes are a necessity, even for folks who may be passingly familiar with the comics. But for each of these that provides useful info, there's another that's intrusive and reads like it's trying to grab attention away from the actual columnists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am still not convinced Apocalypse has done much actively, not even planting the gate in Otherworld. Betsy just questions him but we do not get any real answer, and modern comics are too often made up of throwaway comments just meant to make drama and not actually move the story. Someone could just be trying to turn the 'team' against him.
    yeah to me it seems like a pretty obvious red herring that they're trying to make it seem like apocalypse is the villain.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I think we’re all guessing magic at this stage, Gambit and Jubilee’s costumes have also changed.
    ...And Betsy's.
    Goddess!!! I'm so loving this book!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This book by far has some of the most interesting concepts, and I’m eager to see where the story goes and what the larger implications are for mutant magic. I hope the dialogue and pacing come together

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This book by far has some of the most interesting concepts, and I’m eager to see where the story goes and what the larger implications are for mutant magic. I hope the dialogue and pacing come together
    There is no such thing as 'mutant magic', there are mutants who do magic but none who are magical in nature. Looking on it now, seems like a really dumb idea as there are many forms of magic and Marvel haven't taken the time to really explain it, unlike the Power Cosmic, Odin Force, Uni Power etc etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    There is no such thing as 'mutant magic', there are mutants who do magic but none who are magical in nature. Looking on it now, seems like a really dumb idea as there are many forms of magic and Marvel haven't taken the time to really explain it, unlike the Power Cosmic, Odin Force, Uni Power etc etc.
    Wow its almost like you feel there should be a book revolving around the idea or something. Wonder what that would be like...

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Wow its almost like you feel there should be a book revolving around the idea or something. Wonder what that would be like...
    Oh sure there should probably be looked into, but this book ain't it. It'll probably do more harm than good. Mostly because mutantdom doesn't really have anything to do with magic, it's not really there thing. Maybe that's this feels so bad.

Mostly because mutantdom doesn't really have anything to do with magic, it's not really there thing.
    Everything starts somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Everything starts somewhere.
    Very true

But why? What's the motivation?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Very true

The same motivation that inspired Stan Lee to imagine and create mutant superheroes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Very true

Because it’s fun? I don’t even like this book like that and I think the ideas are cool lol. The writers weren’t lying when they say they’re trying to break new ground for the X-Men. And like you said there’s plenty of mutants that use magic, so why not explore how deep the relationship goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The same motivation that inspired Stan Lee to imagine and create mutant superheroes.
    You might think you were being clever, but that's not an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Because it’s fun? I don’t even like this book like that and I think the ideas are cool lol. The writers weren’t lying when they say they’re trying to break new ground for the X-Men. And like you said there’s plenty of mutants that use magic, so why not explore how deep the relationship goes?
    Exactly, but where are those mutants? Nowhere to be seen. I don't have a problem with breaking new ground, but there is a way to write stories that last and this isn't it.

BANNED

Very true

As Tini Howard describes it: magic, like art and music, are spawned from culture. Mutants now have their own culture and mutant magic will be developed as a result.

Astonishing Member

You might think you were being clever, but that's not an answer.

Exactly, but where are those mutants? Nowhere to be seen. I don't have a problem with breaking new ground, but there is a way to write stories that last and this isn't it.
    You just explained why I don’t like the book that much. I don’t think the cast was right or that they’re being written particularly well with the exception of Betsy and Apoc. But I’ll probably stick around because I think the concept has massive potential and things will sort itself out soon enough. I don’t blame you for not being impressed yet though.