Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I mean, I'm perfectly fine if we want to say Gambit is dead beyond any means of resurrection.

This version is at least not a perv dropping awkward French words into every sentence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I mean, I'm perfectly fine if we want to say Gambit is dead beyond any means of resurrection.

This version is at least not a perv dropping awkward French words into every sentence.
    At this point him dying for a couple years is the only way I want the marriage mess to end.

I'm hoping Rogue's transformation has an interesting endgame and is something new. I'm sorta a sucker for transformation plots, but it's such a letdown when they end somewhere familiar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    At this point him dying for a couple years is the only way I want the marriage mess to end.
    I'm fine with them being married if it ends their obnoxious decades of angst. I still don't think they belong in this book. Except for Betsy and Lord A, most of the roster feels like Prominent Character Storagespace with the Excalibur brand name. Jury is out on Rictor and Jubes. I'll give Rogue's metamorphosis a chance.

BANNED

I'm fine with them being married if it ends their obnoxious decades of angst. I still don't think they belong in this book. Except for Betsy and Lord A, most of the roster feels like Prominent Character Storagespace with the Excalibur brand name. Jury is out on Rictor and Jubes. I'll give Rogue's metamorphosis a chance.
    I dont hate the idea of them married on paper but theur storyline these last couple years has been obnoxious and ruined a decade worth of character rehabilitation for Rogue.

And yes they're a huge part of whats wrong with the book, they dont fit. It brings the story down and also prevent them from appearing in other books where theyd fit much better.

BANNED

Yeah, I’m still not sold on the roster either. Seems like a missed opportunity to feature a mostly British cast by a mostly British creative team. I can accept what is though if we can just zhuzh up the art a bit.

BANNED

You're all welcome to embrace my prospective roster featuring such A-listers as Wisdom, Cecilia Reyes and Taki Matsuya. (And Pixie and Rachel)

Amazing Member

Woah, I thought this was a mess. And I loved the first issue!

I really feel bad for Gambit's fans.

BANNED

You're all welcome to embrace my prospective roster featuring such A-listers as Wisdom, Cecilia Reyes and Taki Matsuya. (And Pixie and Rachel)
    No Banshee :[

This book has a GREAT roster but its the wrong cast for this plot.

Captain Britain
    Apocalypse
    Banshee or Siryn, heck why not both
    Daytripper
    Nightcrawler

would have been better
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-20-2019 at 03:20 PM.

BANNED

I was going to put Banshee on X-Factor lol

The line-up would be:

Captain Britain/Monarch (Betts)
    Apocalypse
    Pete Wisdom (or: Nightcrawler)
    Phoenix (Rachel)
    Exodus
    Rictor
    Pixie
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Wiz Kid

Recently brokenhearted Ric would be hot in the ass for immortal pansexual crusade knight Bennet. Betsy would (against her fleeting better judgment) eventually fuck Apocalypse after an extended sojourn in the omniverse, completing the ultimate mutant magic circle. The tone and art would be full Zardoz.

I would've used Faiza Hussain or Amanda but they are not of Krakoa. They would be supporting cast along with Brian, Satyrnine, etc.

Not quite as bad as this thread has made out, just boring.

It seems like the writer just wants to write Betsy/Apocalypse and has no clue about anyone else, why didn’t they just do a Betsy solo instead of marketing it as a team book?

It became kinda funny towards the end, Gambit and Jubilee couldn’t seem to be able to generate an original thought without Betsy telling them it.

Y'all Dorks!!

I'm liking it, not quite wholeheartedly loving it, yet, but I am enjoying the anticipation for it to rev up, more so than any other DoX book.

I've noticed that I'm hangin' on Jubilee' dialog more than I ever have, She's got depth now, but still light. She's cool, a fierce mother, I'm liking her a lot. I bet Rictor was the chosen babysitter, he'll freak and come cruising to bruise -A-hole next issue.

Speaking of -A-, yeah, he's kinda fun, dammit, the MVP - but it's par for the course for many current comicbook writers, they love writing the villains. I've read somewhere that Apocalypse was Tini's muse for the story, so it makes sense that he seems to be the axle.

Gambit is sound, unfortunately for him his vocal fans are downers. BLESS YOU DOMINO DARE DOLL you're one of a few Gambit fans that remind me to enjoy the character. He might actually be the druid archetype in the Otherworld, which is new, and interesting. I'm assuming that Rictor will be the Defender along with -A- of the lighthouse. Remys irritability among the chatty girls was relatable and funny, his dismissal of Betsy's worries was an obvious beat to re-visit later, and not totally unjustified on his side. He'll have Rictor to banter with soon, according to Tini.

Kittys cameo, bah, Kurt would've made more sense, again. It even looks like a Bamf over the water, and a concerned bro moment between Kurt and Rogue would've been a nice scene for the fans. Seeing Kitty interact with Jubes was interesting though.

Betsy, I'm still a bit unsure of, but that's the point of the book, to position her as a champion of Britain, so I'll reserve my pensive what da fuqs, for now and let the tale be told. She looks great, but I do prefer her disassembled costume. The wolf dream sequence is interesting, "I'm a good girl" Meggan perhaps?

I'm loving the Kelpies and such stuff, great to see new and different combatants, but would love them even more to see power expositions for these characters within those skirmishes, new tricks, and clarity on Betsy, Jubes and Rogues new-found powersets. I'd love them to take a trip to Arcadia at a later point too, lusty Satyrs and angry Minotaurs galore.

And for Rogue, She's radiant isn't she?

Dazzling! you could say. *chuckle*

Loving the ART, gorgeous, Bravo

I can't wait for the next installment, W00t W00t

Oh and I hadn't noticed to Krakoa alphabet had Ch and Th, Cool, I'm chuffed!

Oh yeah, and the lullaby was kinda cool, Tidy!