Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue was a jaw-dropper. Cates is really swinging for the fences with this run. Never thought a Venom book could feel so key to the larger MU.

This issue definitely felt like the end of Cates' "Act 1." As big as things have gotten up to now, it's pretty clear that we ain't seen nothing yet!
    Agreed. Whatever book Cates is writing, I am picking it up! Probably my favorite current writer, if not top 3.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Spectacular Member

It's great that Donny Cates is getting these two concepts back. I guess he's a Hickman fan
    Last edited by Guthwulf; 11-28-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue was a jaw-dropper. Cates is really swinging for the fences with this run. Never thought a Venom book could feel so key to the larger MU.

This issue definitely felt like the end of Cates' "Act 1." As big as things have gotten up to now, it's pretty clear that we ain't seen nothing yet!
    Yes this issue sets up at least 2 events for 2020. Great issue.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, Grendel, not Carnage, and if Flash's Codex is any hint, the other codices will be gone after a while
    It's still Carnage, even if it's not the original suit. As for the codices, I don't think we know yet what the long term effects of them might be. Venom might gradually develop different mutations over time.

And I too am very excited about the direction the comic is going in. Yes, for the first time Venom actually feels like a meaningful character instead of an isolated fan favorite. Also, it will be exciting to see 616 Venom square off against the mindless devourer that is Ultimate Venom.
    Last edited by Venomous Mask; 11-28-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."