Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Spider-man Homecoming didn’t start with the origin story. He was already Spider-man. X-men could do the same. Hit the ground running and reveal via dialogue and flashbacks how they:

- came together originally (flashback to the original Krakoa rescue mission)
    - operated out of the school for years, largely in secret/unbeknownst to most people other than SHIELD and the Illuminati
    - were kept secret from most of the world and really just the stuff of rumors and tabloid fodder until recently, and
    - now are moving to the island and announcing a mutant nation state to keep them safe

It could work, and really well IMO. Would make for a marked contrast to the FOX-men films and be awesome.
    We saw spider-man origins twice in less than 10 years.

Everyone know what is Peter origin, no needs to explain.

X-men needs a solid introduction into MCU, Krakoa isn't a introduction or a origin stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You’re kidding yourself if you think this is a fad, and Hickman’s fingerprints are already all over the MCU not to mention the comics universe. You’re also kidding yourself if you think they’re going to restart the X-Men with yet another group of white faces. It won’t happen.
    Hickman has nothing to do with MCU, they were already in pre-production when he pitched Krakoa storyline

You’re kidding yourself if you think this is a fad, and Hickman’s fingerprints are already all over the MCU not to mention the comics universe. You’re also kidding yourself if you think they’re going to restart the X-Men with yet another group of white faces. It won’t happen.
    So they're just going to make a mutant nation were mutants all existed in secret beforehand that no one noticed, and all the heroes and villains are already banded together from the start, with no established continuity bringing them to this point, and that when the public learns of them they'll be more of an alien society than outcasts of human society... just to be different from Fox?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman has nothing to do with MCU, they were already in pre-production when he pitched Krakoa storyline
    Who do you think created the Black Order?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    So they're just going to make a mutant nation were mutants all existed in secret beforehand that no one noticed, and all the heroes and villains are already banded together from the start, with no established continuity bringing them to this point, and that when the public learns of them they'll be more of an alien society than outcasts of human society... just to be different from Fox?

No, they could introduce us to a society made up of individuals and factions that have their own points of view and motives. They did it with Wakanda. They’re doing it with the Eternals. It’s not a stretch.

Who do you think created the Black Order?
    it was used on a complete different context from comics.

Really nice plan to introduce the Inhumans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it was used on a complete different context from comics.
    Yes, most things are given new context in the MCU but it doesn’t change who created them.

I guess I shouldn’t have to explain it, but I have to:

X-Men is not Black Panther.
    X-Men is not Doctor Strange.
    X-Men is not Inhumans.
    X-Men is not Eternals

X-Men is X-Men, and your comparisons to other Marvel works describe a massive deviation of what we know. This is a transitional arc, not the status quo forever. Hickman even said he’ll put the toys back in the box eventually. It won’t be a “fad”, but a story that concludes naturally.

Also, what’s with these anti-white comments I keep seeing?

BANNED

I guess I shouldn’t have to explain it, but I have to:

X-Men is not Black Panther.
    X-Men is not Doctor Strange.
    X-Men is not Inhumans.
    X-Men is not Eternals

X-Men is X-Men, and your comparisons to other Marvel works describe a massive deviation of what we know. This is a transitional arc, not the status quo forever. Hickman even said he’ll put the toys back in the box eventually. It won’t be a “fad”, but a story that concludes naturally.

Also, what’s with these anti-white comments I keep seeing?
    Let me explain some things to you:

We’ve already seen what you described from Fox. Marvel is not going to do the same thing.

As a white man myself, I feel perfectly fine calling out how problematic it is to have an all white cast particularly in a franchise trading on the plight of various minority communities who are oppressed primarily by white people.

That’s not anti-white. It’s just not being tone deaf.

Again, Fox did a mostly crappy job. They can be distinct from Fox by making consistently good movies and connecting them to the larger MCU with a good continuity and crossovers.

BANNED

Again, Fox did a mostly crappy job. They can be distinct from Fox by making consistently good movies and connecting them to the larger MCU with a good continuity and crossovers.
    Fox did do a crappy job (on that we can agree), but they did it fairly regularly for 20 years. Marvel will give us a fresh approach. They aren’t gonna roll out the same song and dance just because they have better singers and dancers.

“Same song”? Dude there’s a world of difference between FoX-Men and actual X-Men and there’s so much the MCU can cover. Also, if the argument is “too similar”, would starting with Krakoa run the risk of making them too similar to the aforementioned MCU properties?

We’ve already seen what you described from Fox. Marvel is not going to do the same thing.
    Couldn’t agree more. Feige will do something fresh, and Marvel brought Hickman in to create a new status quo. So I’m connecting the dots here and hoping that’s what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. Feige will do something fresh, and Marvel brought Hickman in to create a new status quo. So I’m connecting the dots here and hoping that’s what they do.
    It is wishful thinking and it is valid. I just don't see anything that ties these two events.

I think they denied the reasoning was MCU. It was to get them out of a rut in general.

I think they denied the reasoning was MCU. It was to get them out of a rut in general.
    Comics and movie division are separated for starters. Feige could had just hired Hickman without having to write comics. Hickman confirmed it wasn't for movies, cebulski and Buckley hired him to do comics.