Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I think they denied the reasoning was MCU. It was to get them out of a rut in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Comics and movie division are separated for starters. Feige could had just hired Hickman without having to write comics. Hickman confirmed it wasn't for movies, cebulski and Buckley hired him to do comics.
    I think I missed these interviews, you guys got links?

Avengers and Guardians of Galaxy will have a greater influence on MCU X-Men than any previously written X-Men comics.

I do, now, understand the tone and humor and sales of Marauders.

I don't dislike it.

So in a real way YES Whedon's influence on the MCU X-Men is already there. And it will be. But he won't be and his Astonishing won't be.

But Kitty definitely will be a major super perhaps central star.

And yet, I don't watch television or movies really at all...so, I have no idea and shouldn't be relied upon to significantly say anything about this especially once it all uploads in reel time.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Did you read into the context of what I was saying? I meant like the idea of a modernized take on the Claremont classic style.
    This is my point. What is the point of ‘asking questions’ in an OP when you only really want one answer with one thesis and the answer is always just “bring back the school setting”? Talking about Astonishing is irrelevant because this discussion isn’t actually about the Astonishing roster or Whedon’s stories, it’s just another way to say “bring the school back” and pleading with other posters to agree with you that the new status quo is “transitional” (it’s not) and will be gone soon (probably not).

You’re entitled to feel how you do, but why claim to poll us if you don’t care about our answers? It’s a false premise. Just say you want that but please accept that not everyone does.
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-23-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Yeah I really think Krakoa is the best way to introduce the MCU mutants as well. There isn't that big of a step between secret school and secret nation and the latter is far fresher and new

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah I really think Krakoa is the best way to introduce the MCU mutants as well. There isn't that big of a step between secret school and secret nation and the latter is far fresher and new
    There is a giant leap, secret school is very small and easy concept. Krakoa is hard sell.

People erally need to think about the concept of a persecuted minority

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think I missed these interviews, you guys got links?
    I really don't remember what specific interview it was, but Hickman made it clear that he was called to work on comics
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-23-2019 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

No, Hickman’s interviews talked about vertical opportunities in the company. That means more than comics. Also, they’ve already used his work in the MCU, but keep on thinking they’re taking no notice of this bestselling relaunch of the property they just regained and have big plans for.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No, Hickman’s interviews talked about vertical opportunities in the company. That means more than comics. Also, they’ve already used his work in the MCU, but keep on thinking they’re taking no notice of this bestselling relaunch of the property they just regained and have big plans for.
    Vertical opportunities could be become a editor or director. Marvel comics is separated from Studios, there isn't a way to cebulski and Buckley negotiate that way.

BANNED

Vertical opportunities could be become a editor or director. Marvel comics is separated from Studios, there isn't a way to cebulski and Buckley negotiate that way.
    They take inspiration from the modern books regularly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Let me explain some things to you:

We’ve already seen what you described from Fox. Marvel is not going to do the same thing.

As a white man myself, I feel perfectly fine calling out how problematic it is to have an all white cast particularly in a franchise trading on the plight of various minority communities who are oppressed primarily by white people.

That’s not anti-white. It’s just not being tone deaf.
    ...Hox/Pox is mostly white.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...Hox/Pox is mostly white.
    Sure, it is, and that’s been my biggest problem with it, frankly, but the mutant nation concept allows you to open the world up considerably. My comment was in specific response to the absurd “anti-white” claim.

“Krakoa is a hard sell!?” Look, I get that you are opposed, but come on, son. You saw Black Panther. You saw Guardians. I’m pretty sure Disney can make a mutant island work with no trouble at all. And it will be an easy sell. Billion dollar franchise under Feige. Easily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And Astonishing X-Men hasnt been a thing for 15 years. Agreed, MCU shouldnt be based on an outdated statu quo. Thread question answered.
    tbf TAS was 25 years ago and it’s still treated as the preferred canon status quo by the vast majority of (lapsed/casual) X-fans

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    “Krakoa is a hard sell!?” Look, I get that you are opposed, but come on, son. You saw Black Panther. You saw Guardians. I’m pretty sure Disney can make a mutant island work with no trouble at all. And it will be an easy sell. Billion dollar franchise under Feige. Easily.
    HUm?

people have to understand how to start things from beggining instead of trying to do everything on one movie. Spider-man failed at sony because of that, dark phoenix also failed because of it.
    Krakoa isn't a beginning, it is a closure.

X-men aren't guardians of the galaxy or black panther.

Astonishing Member

HUm?

people have to understand how to start things from beggining instead of trying to do everything on one movie. Spider-man failed at sony because of that, dark phoenix also failed because of it.
    Krakoa isn't a beginning, it is a closure.

X-men aren't guardians of the galaxy or black panther.
    I kind of agree with spirit to some degree I think to do Krakoa justice it would need the proper set up and time dedicated to it. I think any sort of Krakao plans happening maybe 10+ years into the future of the X movies.

For now I think they should stick to the basics when introducing the X-Men into the MCU.
    Last edited by loke13; 11-24-2019 at 01:04 PM.

BANNED

What Jackraow21 seems to mean is that there is no such thing as a "hard-sell" for the MCU. And they're right. No matter how you cut it, this movies are planned in a way that they know they'll work before they even come out.