Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Absolute Carnage #5 of 5 Spoilers and Discussion

Been one heck of a ride.

spoilers:

Flashback years ago when Cletus is in his prison cell and he meets Eddie for the first time.

Present time. Venom and Grendal Carnage are duking it out. Grendal Carnage is bragging how he can hear Knull is about to awake and knows Venom can too. The world is screwed and the heroes will die.

Grendal Carnage says all it takes is to kill Venom and that will wake Knull. Eddie tells Cletus for once in his life, shut up. Eddie is going to take his symbiote back and if Carnage takes another look, the heroes aren't going down (Defenders arrive to back up Cap and his team.)

Spider-Man defeats Carnage. The fight completely worn out Spider-Man. He faints from exhaustion.

Grendal Carnage is still laughing claiming he won. The Carnage Symbiote rises from Norman about to attack the boys. Dylan goes postal and his powers activate. The Carnage Symbiote is a big red stain on the floor. Dylan also faints from exhaustion

Venom and Grendal Carnage crash through the ceiling. Carnage is going for Dylan but Eddie is trying to stop him. Grendal Carnage tells him he won regardless. If Grendal Carnage kills Brock's Son, maybe its enough to wake Knull up, but if Venom kills Grendal Carnage and absorbs the original symbiote back, 100% Knull wakes up.

Eddie realizes he was played. Either Carnage kills his son or Eddie kills the world. Eddie forms a black sword. "%^&* the world" and impales Carnage.

Eddies Original Symbiote is panicking. Knull awakens.

Spider-Man asks Venom if they won. Eddie response yes and is extremely grateful for Pete's Help. Norman is no longer there.

Issue ends with an extremely shocked Dylan finding out Eddie isn't his brother, but his father
    end of spoilers

Issue felt a little rushed but overall, I really enjoyed it along with this entire event. Easily my favorite in a very long time.

Pros:

- Twists I didn't see coming
    - Venom vs Carnage. Upgraded Grendal Carnage vs Airwolf Venom. Glad to see a victor
    - Ending left many doors open
    - Parker/Brock Relationship. Definitely reminds me of the good brother helping the troubled/recovering one
    - This issue was a big brawl which was welcomed. Cates usually focuses on story-weaving (which he is phenomenal at), but I was waiting for my big fight and I got it.

Cons: None really:

A little rushed with so much going on but I really liked it.
    Lack of Sleeper: Little nitpick on my part. I was hoping to see more of him
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-20-2019 at 07:15 PM.