All-New Member

Default Noob question on different Marvel prints of the same comics

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to comic collecting and I need some help from more experienced collectors. I just bought a set of Captain America (Rick Remender) comics, but when they arrived one volume had a different style cover and spine to the others. There appears to be 2 different prints of this set as you can see here:

Cap 1.jpg

Cap 2.jpg

Can I ask why there are 2 different versions of the same comics? Reprint, different region (I'm UK based)? I'd really like a matching set (I'm funny that way) but I don't know how to make sure I'm ordering the right type as most places just show a stock image.

Thanks in advance for any help

BANNED

early and later printings. they manufactured tpbs before the issues actually came out, and manufactured more after they did with reviews and the NYT best seller tag

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    early and later printings. they manufactured tpbs before the issues actually came out, and manufactured more after they did with reviews and the NYT best seller tag
    Thanks for your reply. OK that makes sense, now. So I guess I have 4 original prints and 1 reprint, I just have to track down an original print for volume 5 (The Tomorrow Soldier). Although having said that I've spent ages looking through ebay and I just can't find one. Any advice on where else I might be able to get a copy?

By the way, here's what I have when you look at the spines:

comics.jpg