Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Story possibilites for EU stuff now that the trilogy is finished (Spoilers)

We're getting the Kylo Ren miniseries right now, which expands his downfall behind the stuff we learned in the films. It also sheds some light on Luke and Ben's training together, and how both know Lor Son Tekka, Max Von Sydow's brief character from the opening of TFA.

ROS pretty much has given some more openings for spin-off material which could be interesting.

-Luke and Lando's search for the Jedi hunter. It's an interesting pairing especially since the two didn't really interact that much in the OT. Also, how much did Luke suspect that Palpatine was back? Did Ben's fall cause Luke to abandon his search?

-Poe's days running spice with Bliss, and possible implied romance.

-What Palpatine was up to for three decades apart from what ROS reveals and how he shaped the first order behind the scenes (As I've noted, the origins of the Order from the EU seem to differ from what it eventually becomes).

-Perhaps most interesting, Palpatine's son.

-Exegol's relationship to the other Sith planets we've seen (Moriband, Malachor etc).

-Maybe, at some point, a post-ROS saga showing Rey rebuilding the order perhaps with help from Finn? Granted, the now Legends post-ROTJ novels were the "official" sequels for a while, and then pretty much got removed because Disney wanted to do it's own thing. So there's a risk there in case one day they decide to do another sequel trilogy.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I tend to think the EU will steer well clear of anything set after Episode IX for any potential future TV and movie projects to go there. Future EU will probably explore more of the time between Episodes VI and VII, VIII and IX, and stuff set in the same time period as The Mandalorian. There could also be expansion upon stuff from the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order game too.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

There's already one for Fallen Order, basically the backstory of Debra Wilson's character.

I would say they should certainly avoid using any of the characters from the OT at this point, although that seems like a given (Kenobi series aside).

From what i've heard, Boyega, Ridley, and Isaac aren't particularly interested in reprising their roles, and i can't say i blame them. Give it a few years and they might change their mind.

I could see some of the supporting characters being incorporated into future films, like Rose, Jannah, or Zorii. But it might be best to just start with something completely fresh. Personally i would recommend the Mandalorian approach, that is recycle old western/samurai/crime caper/fantasy plots with star wars elements grafted in, while exploring some of the aliens & concepts that were briefly touched on in previous movies while introducing some new ones, too. But then, what do i know.

Go to a new time period entirely. Knights of the Old Republic era would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I would say they should certainly avoid using any of the characters from the OT at this point, although that seems like a given (Kenobi series aside).

From what i've heard, Boyega, Ridley, and Isaac aren't particularly interested in reprising their roles, and i can't say i blame them. Give it a few years and they might change their mind.

I could see some of the supporting characters being incorporated into future films, like Rose, Jannah, or Zorii. But it might be best to just start with something completely fresh. Personally i would recommend the Mandalorian approach, that is recycle old western/samurai/crime caper/fantasy plots with star wars elements grafted in, while exploring some of the aliens & concepts that were briefly touched on in previous movies while introducing some new ones, too. But then, what do i know.

EU doesn't necesarilly mean live action projects...I was thinking more of spin-off material like the novels/comics/games etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Go to a new time period entirely. Knights of the Old Republic era would be great.
    I have no desire to see Disney's attempt at Revan. I know a lot of people already think that the MMO and novel already screwed up the character but I only played the first KOTOR so I'm in a good place.

KOTOR era? Sure.

Revan? No.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see Finn relationship with Jannah and their fellow storm trooper deserters expanded on. It's was implied the force is reason why they disobeyed orders and deserted. That group has the potential to be a new Jedi order.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like to see Finn relationship with Jannah and their fellow storm trooper deserters expanded on. It's was implied the force is reason why they disobeyed orders and deserted. That group has the potential to be a new Jedi order.
    Even though I don't like the Disney Star Wars Trilogy, I DO THINK your idea sounds interesting if Jon Fabreau was behind it or oversaw it; and I would definitely give it a chance.

There's so many, many stories/series/mini-series that could be told if they had the right people involved with it.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

What's interesting also about the First Order's Stormtroopers are that they are pretty much a twisted version of the Jedi's recruitment process.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'd like there to be some kind of new Jedi Order. Luke tried, but that ended in disaster (and we didn't get to see any of it anyway). Ten years after THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, Rey should have some kind of new Jedi academy up and running, perhaps on Ahch-To.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'd like there to be some kind of new Jedi Order. Luke tried, but that ended in disaster (and we didn't get to see any of it anyway). Ten years after THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, Rey should have some kind of new Jedi academy up and running, perhaps on Ahch-To.

I would like for a new Jedi order to actually stick. Seriously stop wiping these guys out.

I would like for a new Jedi order to actually stick. Seriously stop wiping these guys out.
    It can't be helped. Having too many Jedi around give the good guys an advantage over the bad guys, and that's no fun for writers. So they always have to be either scarce or on the road to extinction.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    It can't be helped. Having too many Jedi around give the good guys an advantage over the bad guys, and that's no fun for writers. So they always have to be either scarce or on the road to extinction.
    I think this problem can be resolved by pitting the Jedi against more capable and threatening enemies.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

iMan 42s

I'd say that there should be a series about the Mandolorian's conflict with the Jedi and as to their collective feelings about being used both both sides to bloody ends with constant upheavals to status-quo. Like with the New Republic showing up on Mandolore and it leading to conflict as the Mandolorian wanting nothing to do with the current regime.
    I'd say even bring back the anthology film format to show how the conflict arose in the past in the old Republic, the relationship they had with them as the Prequels came rolling in, the Empire's Super Commandos, and what they'd been up to during the sequels.

We'd already be familiar with them as well so it's not like the audience is walking in blind either.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.