Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've never felt the Kylo was treated as a joke.
    We must have watched different versions of the movie, because Darth Vader never had anyone react to him like this:

    " Do I talk first or do you talk first? I can't really understand you through that voice modulator." Making a joke right off the bat kills all the dread that the character could have otherwise built up.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Leia didn't seem threatened by Vader at all in the early scenes of the movie, she pretty much just starts lecturing him right off the bat. Even when he interrogates her, she seems somewhat more scared of the robot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  3. #48
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Leia didn't seem threatened by Vader at all in the early scenes of the movie, she pretty much just starts lecturing him right off the bat. Even when he interrogates her, she seems somewhat more scared of the robot.
    There's not being afraid and then there's making quips about the characters voice and a large gulf of difference in between.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually I'd like to throw out one additional thing they could have done. The EU was approaching an ending. They should have done a 5 book ending series and hit that end we were promised.
    Crucible was intended to be the ending of it all (despite not being the last book published, nor the last chronological story). It didn't work, IMHO.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  5. #50
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There's not being afraid and then there's making quips about the characters voice and a large gulf of difference in between.
    I think if Han had been faced with Vader, he would've made a similar quip.
    He's more of the type of character to add levity to a situation to reduce tension.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think if Han had been faced with Vader, he would've made a similar quip.
    He's more of the type of character to add levity to a situation to reduce tension.
    Except he didn't:

  7. #52
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've never felt the Kylo was treated as a joke.
    Really? I actually like Kylo Ren but both he (and Hux) are treated like clowns almost constantly. About the only time Kylo Ren got to shine was against the Praetorian Guards.

  8. #53
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Except he didn't:
    Yeah, there was that.
    I still think Poe is somewhat modeled after Solo, though.

    Maybe he comes off as more Peter Quill because that's become the acceptable image of a cocky scoundrel type these days.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Really? I actually like Kylo Ren but both he (and Hux) are treated like clowns almost constantly. About the only time Kylo Ren got to shine was against the Praetorian Guards.
    To be fair I'd argue the whole First Order were treated like jokes in TLJ. Sure there were humorous scenes with them in TFA but they still came off as a threat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •