Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    If it’s still too early to say anything definitive, why are you calling DoX a failure?
    i'm just asking people to wait, I never said it was a failure

Giant Size X-Men and New Mutants. That's it.

BANNED

Looks like it's just Wolverine and Excalibur for me in February.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Honestly, even with the "I had to take a break after the first arc,..." part, "there are already plans to continue the story -- in a very cool way...but I can't comment on that yet." sounds like someone else is going to pick the characters up in another book.

(Also, one of the follow-up tweets says only FA is taking a break - his Batman & the Outsiders and Angel are "unchanged". Curious.)
    It depends on when he got these projects. He WANTED to go back to Hollywood for a long time. That was known before Outsiders was slated to come out.
    Probably a project (that movie he mentioned) got green lighted and along with Titans Season 3-got in the way.

Outsiders is in the middle of arc 2 and was delayed a few months already. So one could say the first 3 arcs are already done. And seeing Titans is DC owned, there would be less of a barrier to get in the way of scripts for Outsiders.
    Angel-it's not out of the question a break happens natural at Boom. I would suspect arcs are already done for it too.

Know what vita Ayala's and Leia Williams still didnt get ther books announced, wonder if one of them are taking over ?
    I don't know with the way Leah was talking when I met her in September-sounds like both of them have a project planned. This was before I heard about Hill's desire to go back to Hollywood.

Not according to actual sales so far.

What exactly do you hope will happen if a backlash occurred and DoX went away? It’s not doing that so far, BTW, I’m just curious what you want instead.
    I think he meant everything is finally settling down.

I see an issue with all those unsold books still at stores. I went to one and even when they were offering those books (well ALL the books before November) for a dollar-no limit. Folks were not touching them. Folks were more interested in DC book variants-mainly Deceased.

The folks who would buy the books are doing that but are the books attracting curious folks?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It depends on when he got these projects. He WANTED to go back to Hollywood for a long time. That was known before Outsiders was slated to come out.
    Probably a project (that movie he mentioned) got green lighted and along with Titans Season 3-got in the way.

Outsiders is in the middle of arc 2 and was delayed a few months already. So one could say the first 3 arcs are already done. And seeing Titans is DC owned, there would be less of a barrier to get in the way of scripts for Outsiders.
    Angel-it's not out of the question a break happens natural at Boom. I would suspect arcs are already done for it too.

I don't know with the way Leah was talking when I met her in September-sounds like both of them have a project planned. This was before I heard about Hill's desire to go back to Hollywood.

I think he meant everything is finally settling down.

I see an issue with all those unsold books still at stores. I went to one and even when they were offering those books (well ALL the books before November) for a dollar-no limit. Folks were not touching them. Folks were more interested in DC book variants-mainly Deceased.

The folks who would buy the books are doing that but are the books attracting curious folks?
    What books are being left unsold on the comic shop you visit? are you saying that X-books are seeling well on your LCS?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Not to me. That’s why I’m asking what you’d like to happen if DoX were to fail. Which it hasn’t.
    Good characterization could be a nice beggining;

X-men trying to find a solution better than a school that got destroyed by the 495840th time. but wihtout deus ex-machina Moira
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You know the answer. Some combo of Jean as supreme unchallenged leader of mutantkind, Bishop as her boyfriend, Scott and Emma horribly tortured and killed, and Tom Taylor writing everything forever.
    Tom Taylor is a great writer, he sold books like Dceasead, Injustice and DC let him revamp the suicide squad.
    I also don't see a problem for Jean as leader, Bishop as BF and Emma/scott out os scene. When the contrary happened, it was fine.
    Sure nothing of this gonna happen any soon, so they aren't what i want to see
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-21-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Wolverine and x-force for me.
    72 pages of Wolvie? ..Great!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Wolverine and x-force for me.
    72 pages of Wolvie? ..Great!
    After a very long time I'm excited about a Wolverine comic book. I hope there's much blood and stabbing.

It's a bit funny how Logan had his sudden surprising return in Marvel Legacy in 2017, and he's only getting his solo in 2020, advertising it with the line 'THE BEST IS BACK!'

This may be his first ongoing since he returned, but he has had books. Wolverine Infinity Watch and Marvel Comics Presents?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This may be his first ongoing since he returned, but he has had books. Wolverine Infinity Watch and Marvel Comics Presents?
    The rollout for Wolverine following his return has been so bizarre and more complicated than it needed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    yeah, that's the point. he has been on several books since he returned and now they're saying he is back. they of course wanted to use him as much as possible in the meantime becaue he sells, and wanted to wait with his solo because of the new status quo of the x-men, but that's why I find it funny: he's been around for years with many appearances
    Last edited by DAHX; 11-22-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

We will see where things settle. Retailers almost always over order on #1s, especially if there incentive variants. There were six titles launching at once with no easy way to tell how most of them would be received. This also means a lot of people really might be waiting to hear what sounds worth checking out, while Marvel is stupidly competing with itself for shelf space, there are a lot of books out there attracting attention too. Some books just take a bit to catch on.

That said, my prediction is that we will see the usual sales pattern for X-Men books in the coming months.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's the power of the "snikt".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I really liked the covers of X-Force with Domino.

Astonishing Member

On the topic of fallen angles hiatus, the recap page has the words limited, I wonder if that was a hint that it was a stealth minie