Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Not to me. That’s why I’m asking what you’d like to happen if DoX were to fail. Which it hasn’t.
    You know the answer. Some combo of Jean as supreme unchallenged leader of mutantkind, Bishop as her boyfriend, Scott and Emma horribly tortured and killed, and Tom Taylor writing everything forever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm so basically Fallen Angels isn't getting cancelled it's just a change in writer?

Idk we'll see. I mean I like both those writers you mention but... I just don't like changing writer on a book, it's better to have each book feel almost like a given writer's "baby" and their vision can be executed fully.
    Hopefully this is not true, the story written by the writer has a very typical and comfortable Japanese style. His style matches the story perfectly. I really want him to keep writing.

BANNED

I really like FA so far. I figured it'd be first to go, but I didn't think it'd opt out so fast. I hope it continues or returns when Hill does.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm so basically Fallen Angels isn't getting cancelled it's just a change in writer?

Idk we'll see. I mean I like both those writers you mention but... I just don't like changing writer on a book, it's better to have each book feel almost like a given writer's "baby" and their vision can be executed fully.
    According to Hill it's been delayed do to his work schedule. Absolutely nothing to suggest anything more at this point.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I really like FA so far. I figured it'd be first to go, but I didn't think it'd opt out so fast. I hope it continues or returns when Hill does.
    Me too I didn't have hopes for it but so far is the one I have enjoyed the most.

BANNED

There was no reason for a hiatus if Fallen Angels was getting a new writer.

Fantastic Member

its not coming back trust me hill might get a shot at another title but i think even the x-office new a book tilted fallen angels would not last heard from someone in the know we might get the real cable back sometime in 2020 marvel should have realized but no one liked teen cable but so much work and artwork had already been completed with him they couldnt it change it

There’s been a lot of mixed reception of Cable after how he’s been handled in Dawn of X. Plus, I’d be inclined to trust the writer of the book if he says the book he’s writing is coming back.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I wish Mike Carey could take over Fallen Angels but that's not gonna happen. I don't want one of these campy writers writing Kwannon just to make her sound generic. It really sucks that the one writer who gets Kwannon couldn't commit to writing her beyond a few issues. I pray this doesn't hurt her character development in the long run
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    There was no reason for a hiatus if Fallen Angels was getting a new writer.
    There is if this departure wasnt properly planned

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There is if this departure wasnt properly planned
    I expect Hill, Hickman, and JDW were well aware this incarnation of the book would only be getting six issues going in. We're seeing a level of cohesion in the X-Books that hasn't been present for more than a decade, and we know the publishing schedule has been accelerated to accommodate the current plot lines. It seems more likely that putting the book on break leading into Wave 2 fits better with whatever overarching story has been planned.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-21-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I expect Hill, Hickman, and JDW were well aware this incarnation of the book would only be getting six issues going in. Were seeing a level of cohesion in the X-Books that hasn't been present for more than a decade, and we know the publishing schedule has been accelerated to accommodate the current plot lines. It seems more likely that putting the book on break leading into Wave 2 fits better with whatever overarching story has been planned.
    Put a book on hold for wave 2 doesn't help the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    its not coming back trust me hill might get a shot at another title but i think even the x-office new a book tilted fallen angels would not last heard from someone in the know we might get the real cable back sometime in 2020 marvel should have realized but no one liked teen cable but so much work and artwork had already been completed with him they couldnt it change it
    I find really unlikely put a popular character like Laura on hold for so long, she had sucessful solos recently.
    I was already surprised that they didn't used hoxpox to bring old cable, he is on the teaser and Cebulski said the gun he is holding was really important. it never came to play, yet
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-21-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Put a book on hold for wave 2 doesn't help the sales.
    We already know it wasn’t for sales.

BANNED

Everything but Excalibur for me.
    So, Doom will finally get involved. I was getting itchy already. I want to see him interact with X, Magneto and Poccy so so bad.

The Storm vs Emma issue of Marauders will be the best time to avoid this place completely. I can already see the spoiler thread hitting 40 pages before it's noon on West Coast.

The whole discussion of the resurrection protocols is one of the things I'm waiting for. It will probably be a quiet issue. There are so many point of views to explore on this. Kurt's religious views. Jean's relationship with death and rebirth. Scott's grappling with how much he saw, or thought he saw, Jean and Nathan dying. Apocalypse and how it goes with his survival of the fittest philosophy. I hope it delivers.

Jesus, I hope X-Force doesn't become a book about how much you can make Domino suffer. How much worse does it have to get than being skinned? Damn.

Looks like a great month.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm just saying it is early to say it is sales success. What i want is irrelevant
    If it’s still too early to say anything definitive, why are you calling DoX a failure?