Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why, because they got away from everyone to stop from being killed? That makes them the bad guys?

Remember, in the last run of Uncanny, the entire US Government voted for mass sterilization on penalty of death for every mutant. But running from that makes the X-Men the bad guys. Okay.
    The sad part is that everything in bold will be ignored in favor of the #NotAllHumans narrative.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

We do what we always have with Nazis up until Donald Trump made them cool again. You shun them, you ignore them, you make sure every business that tries to work with them knows their views. You let them leave to Possum County, Mississippi where they can have their own AM radio show claiming Jews are killing America and blacks need to be lynched en masse so they can preach to their 50 inebriated redneck inbred listeners, and you leave them there.
    So your solution is exactly what the Nazis did to the Jews. They made them wear these "badges of shame"

So they would be easily identifiable for ridicule and to be treated less then human.

While also sending them to other locations, such as this

so they can be with their own kind and dealt with when the Nazis were ready.

So how are you different?
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-24-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    *see's conversation about Nazis

I'm just gonna nope away from all that.

The comment about things being a dark nightmare sounds odd on paper when you see so many mutants being happy, but I actually agree with it. The way the happiness has been presented to us is just that there's been a few parties. In the actual series everyone is still arguing and infighting and getting killed like cannon fodder. All of the sinister underpinings make the entire thing feel like some kind of nasty scheme by Xavier and Moira. The clone/resurrection thing is still sketchy as ****, and seems more about consolidating power by shoring up mutant numbers and letting them die like cannon fodder with no consequences.

The entire premise of Krakoa was that Xavier's dream was doomed to failure and everything since X-men 1 was a waste of time. That's pretty dark. And now we've got Magneto making his god speeches with no pushback, Xavier attacking the F4, and just a threatening and cynical atmosphere over everything.
    Krakoa really has sinister tones.

it also means coexistence never was a reality, Xavier was always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    So your solution is exactly what the Nazis did to the Jews. They made them wear these "bandages of shame"

So they would be easily identifiable for ridicule and to be treated less then human.

While also sending them to other locations, such as this

so they can be with their own kind and dealt with when the Nazis were ready.

So how are you different?
    If you can't see how being asked to leave because you're espousing the death of others, and ethnic cleansing, I have nothing more to say.

And yes, you are in fact defending Nazis. To a disturbing degree.

I'll piggy back on this and then I'm done:

If a group of people dedicated to the denigration, discrimination and destruction of a people based on their ethnicity or whatnot and go on to take actions that would spread said rhetoric and bring harm to said ethnic minorities, then said group of bigots have, in effect, forfeited their claim to human rights and should be treated less, for they have done everything to prove and earn such treatment; hence, Nazis.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

Why, because they got away from everyone to stop from being killed? That makes them the bad guys?

Remember, in the last run of Uncanny, the entire US Government voted for mass sterilization on penalty of death for every mutant. But running from that makes the X-Men the bad guys. Okay.
    You are trying to say that the Vaccine in the uncanny run was sterilization ? Because as much as we know if only took away the powers and prevented the activation of new mutants. I know that would bringt again the disscurison about if the mutants have right to have powers by birth right or not but the story was very clear that theme was more about the fear of the humanity after X-man almost destroying the world that " We will destory mutants becuase we are humans and we are eeeeeevil"

BANNED

Just because you are fighting evil doesn't mean you are good. To simplify things as much as possible, Xavier and Moira are using evil to fight evil and in the process the mutants have themselves become evil. Which I personally love as an outsider, I am after all a fan of Doctor Doom. The darkness of Krakoa will taint the whole Marvel universe before long, I won’t even need something like 2099 to see a cyberpunk dystopia writ large on the pages of every comic.

Yet I can't deny that this new evolution of the X-Men runs counter to their original purpose and stands in contrast to everything they once stood for. The X-Men were created to be the best of us, never compromising their moral code even in the face of wide spread hatred from those they swore to protect. Now the X-Men are ruthless race realists, cravenly pursuing their own power and no longer seeing themselves as even human. It makes me wonder about the state of things when X-Men fans can accept these changes not only willing but also while cheering them on.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It seems like no groups really co-exist by some people’s weird definition. Mutants are co-existing with humans as long as they live on the same planet at the same time. They have political and economic relationships. And if they don’t kill them, they’re co-existing peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    You are trying to say that the Vaccine in the uncanny run was sterilization ? Because as much as we know if only took away the powers and prevented the activation of new mutants. I know that would bringt again the disscurison about if the mutants have right to have powers by birth right or not but the story was very clear that theme was more about the fear of the humanity after X-man almost destroying the world that " We will destory mutants becuase we are humans and we are eeeeeevil"
    After the X-Men nearly destroyed the world? WHEN?!?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Krakoa really has sinister tones.

it also means coexistence never was a reality, Xavier was always wrong.
    Its not just that he was always wrong. That's what Moira says. But its also that in this universe specifically, he spent the entire X-men running not believing the things he was saying to begin with. So not only was he wrong, he was lying. At best he had serious doubts about what was going on, and at worst was gaslighting the X-men about what he wanted.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 11-24-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I think he meant X-MAN (Nate, with the destroying religious holy sites worldwide that briefly ignited IRL religious indignation and, allegedly, a fatwah).
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

If you can't see how being asked to leave because you're espousing the death of others, and ethnic cleansing, I have nothing more to say.

And yes, you are in fact defending Nazis. To a disturbing degree.
    Well, first off you original post wasn't "ask them to leave" in the way it was written it seemed more so as if you were not given them any choice in the matter. Which is exactly what the Nazis did.

I am also not defending Nazi's. What you seem to be missing here is that fact that I am defending Truth and Real Justice.

You just proven that you or anyone else can easily fall in the same line of thinking that those who choose HATE over rational thinking and proper justice. And all it took was a single post for you to show your own world view aligns exactly with theirs. That is what should be truly disturbing to you. Me pointing it out that fact should be a blessing to you, so you can reevaluate your stance on the world and your justification for hate.

For scariest thing about Nazi's should not be their irrational hate for groups of people. It should be how easily it is to overlook the pitfalls of you becoming one yourself.

Nazi's were/are a terrible misguided group of people. Who should have taught a lesson that will/would never be forgotten by every individual born into the world after it was shoved into the darkest of corners. However, clearly it is a lesson that continually must be taught, because even something as minor as fantasy can embolden those to freely express their same ideas with a great deal of passion and righteousness. In which proving that all Human Beings are very much the same and are capable of being as veil as the people they believe they will never be.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It seems like no groups really co-exist by some people’s weird definition. Mutants are co-existing with humans as long as they live on the same planet at the same time. They have political and economic relationships. And if they don’t kill them, they’re co-existing peacefully.
    Considering how humanity tend to act around mutants; hell, around mutates (Hulk, Spidey, etc.) and each other for that matter, I'd say that the current conditions between mutants and humans being separated via Krakoa is the best possible outcome for now. Until flatscans can show that they can learn to play nice, this new status quo must hold true.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I believe he's actually referring to X-Man, as in Nate Grey when he returned from his long sabbatical with his powers restored to their original levels and hellbent on "saving" the world with his Horsemen of Salvation. In the process, he wiped out several religious monuments after consulting Kate (then known as Kitty) Pryde, Apocalypse (who would eventually change his name to something unpronounceable in human tongue like Prince did), and some random anti-mutant politician --- all three of whom he was holding hostage --- on how he could convince people to unite to create a better world, concluding from their statements that religion was a major dividing force that set people against each other. Not entirely wrong, but his solution was a bit extreme, to say the least, and when the X-Men interfered with him too many times, Nate whisked them away to a pocket dimension that he controlled, reshaping their histories to fit his own desires and ideals. Of course, all people in-universe got out of that was the same old "mutants are evil" refrain, only now without the X-Men around, they could go right into eliminating mutants from existence through what amounted to medical genocide.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Well, first off you original post wasn't "ask them to leave" in the way it was written it seemed more so as if you were not given them any choice in the matter. Which is exactly what the Nazis did.

I am also not defending Nazi's. What you seem to be missing here is that fact that I am defending Truth and Real Justice.

You just proven that you or anyone else can easily fall in the same line of thinking that those who choose HATE over rational thinking and proper justice. And all it took was a single post for you to show your own world view aligns exactly with theirs. That is what should be truly disturbing to you. Me pointing it out that fact should be a blessing to you, so you can reevaluate your stance on the world and your justification for hate.

For scariest thing about Nazi's should not be their irrational hate for groups of people. It should be how easily it is to overlook the pitfalls of you becoming one yourself.

Nazi's were/are a terrible misguided group of people. Who should have taught a lesson that will/would never be forgotten by every individual born into the world after it was shoved into the darkest of corners. However, clearly it is a lesson that continually must be taught, because even something as minor as fantasy can embolden those to freely express their same ideas with a great deal of passion and righteousness. In which proving that all Human Beings are very much the same and are capable of being as veil as the people they believe they will never be.
    You're not defending "Truth" or "Justice" or "The American Way" and certainly not "Superman".

You're constantly equating defending oneself with being every bit as bad as the one attacking you. And that simply isn't true by any logical standard. You've equated being mean to someone with wanting to genocide their entire species, which holds no logical standard.

Your entire argument is centered on the notion that any response to violence makes you as bad as the one perpetrating the violence. And that simply isn't true.