Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

And around the wheel we go...

Thus, I leave you for now with this

"Most people, when directly confronted by evidence that they are wrong, do no change their point of view or course of action but justify it even more tenaciously. Even irrefutable evidence is rarely enough to pierce the mental armor of self-justification"- Carol Travis
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I gotta say that I'm amused at the constant badgering about morality, which is an arbitrary notion created by humans to act as mere guidelines, not hard rules. I'll just say this: I know people love to harp on those that relate and adore characters that may represent the "worst" attributes about said fanbase (X-Men, Rick Sanchez), but in regards to the commentary regarding "morality" being a mere human construct and not to be taken seriously, overall, the creators were on the money in that regard. Then again, people that tend to have a narrow view of morality and the world are typically naive and somewhat inexperienced, putting it politely.

In relevance to mutantkind and the beef that flatscans have with everyone else, mutants don't have a moral obligation to placate the humans because the humans have yet to prove themselves deserving of such reverence. Also, to the guy that is crying about Krakoa's policies that are "troubling", you have yet to name any policy that would prove troubling or give reason for concern, making your point moot.

Seriously, some of you guys need to take a debate class, or four.
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 11-28-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

"Most people, when directly confronted by evidence that they are wrong, do no change their point of view or course of action but justify it even more tenaciously. Even irrefutable evidence is rarely enough to pierce the mental armor of self-justification"- Carol Travis
    Ignoring on-panel stuff yet again

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    No one is saying mutants can't form their own nation, you guys sure love to distort whatever arguments you dislike to suit your narratives, that's impressive.

Again for the ones in the back: no ones is questionning the existence of Krakoa.
    What people are discussing is the POLICIES it practices.

Try and see the difference here, for the sake of those discussions.
    Yep, quite a number of people here seem very quick to reject the innocent concern of how their policies are being practiced, as if suspecting the concerned of wanting to justify atrocities towards mutants, and that they’d rather go with their suspicions in making such accusations rather than on solid evidence.

It’s possible to be well-intentioned in supporting the mutants forming their own nation so as to better escape the human villains, just as much as it’s possible to be well-intentioned in questioning how they all carry out their policies on that nation, which includes mutant villains who can possibly have malicious agendas of their own despite their vocal cooperation agreement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I gotta say that I'm amused at the constant badgering about morality, which is an arbitrary notion created by humans to act as mere guidelines, not hard rules. I'll just say this: I know people love to harp on those that relate and adore characters that may represent the "worst" attributes about said fanbase (X-Men, Rick Sanchez), but in regards to the commentary regarding "morality" being a mere human construct and not to be taken seriously, overall, the creators were on the money in that regard. Then again, people that tend to have a narrow view of morality and the world are typically naive and somewhat inexperienced, putting it politely.

In relevance to mutantkind and the beef that flatscans have with everyone else, mutants don't have a moral obligation to placate the humans because the humans have yet to prove themselves deserving of such reverence. Also, to the guy that is crying about Krakoa's policies that are "troubling", you have yet to name any policy that would prove troubling or give reason for concern, making your point moot.

So I see you're a moral relativist then or perhaps this is outright nihilism on display? Well, I can't say that such a dour worldview is all that compatible with super hero stories, even in this dark nightmare that the X-Men have created for themselves. You can try to dismiss a moral code as mere guidelines but you must acknowledge that such concepts of morality are then enshrined in law. You know, don't kill or steal other people's property; basic stuff that should be obvious but needs to spelled out for when clever little relativists feel that the law doesn't apply to them.

The same is true of Krakoa as well. This isolated nation doesn't yet have the rule of law but the guiding principles are a first attempt at doing just that. Chief among them is the rule that mutants don't kill humans, no exceptions. So yes, by the rules of Krakoa mutants are bound to respect the rest of humanity and not undertake any actions that would lead directly or indirectly to the death of humans. That is what at least it says on paper, so to speak. The fact that numerous mutant teams and espousing supremacist rhetoric and looking to actively undermine this no killing rule suggests that mutants are not the enlightened souls that they claim to be.
    Last edited by Kintor; 11-28-2019 at 02:18 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Training to be a registered functioning member of society so you can held accountable for your actions is fascism?
    What the hell are they spiking your drinking water with?
    But if quirks are just a natural extension of your body, having to be licensed in order to be yourself is pretty gnarly! IIRC there's a law in the MHA universe that prevents public use of quirks, not even accounting for self-defense. Plus the government documenting your abilities and how to best contain you, knowing your identity, and all the slow bureaucracy. No good.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

It is not enough to fight. It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue. It is morale that wins the victory.
    Georges C. Marshall, a man who certainly wasn't naive
    Moral obligation… it all comes down to what is the best way to build a future. Fueling bitterness and resentment isn't. The mutants should show that the humans have nothing to fear from them and this is not what they do.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, quite a number of people here seem very quick to reject the innocent concern of how their policies are being practiced, as if suspecting the concerned of wanting to justify atrocities towards mutants, and that they’d rather go with their suspicions in making such accusations rather than on solid evidence.

It’s possible to be well-intentioned in supporting the mutants forming their own nation so as to better escape the human villains, just as much as it’s possible to be well-intentioned in questioning how they all carry out their policies on that nation, which includes mutant villains who can possibly have malicious agendas of their own despite their vocal cooperation agreement.
    Definitely this.

I feel somewhere along the way there's been some sort of miscommunication in that? Or this is being wilfully ignored. Or that in itself is somehow an attack, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Oh that's ironic. Ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Moral obligation… it all comes down to what is the best way to build a future. Fueling bitterness and resentment isn't. The mutants should show that the humans have nothing to fear from them and this is not what they do.
    Lmao "the mutants should so this", "the mutants should do that".

At this point in time the mutants shouldn't do anything besides act in their best interests.

Oh and if saving the world, dimension, universe several times over isn't enough of a show of good faith in the mutants part despite the constant attempts at extermination on the humans part then idk what is.

I just find it funny that how as soon as mutant build something for themselves and just themselves it's all of a sudden an affront to humans and mutants "not showing humans that they have nothing to fear".

It's almost as if just half a year before the creation of Krakoa 90% of the world's governments didn't sanction the capture, vaccination and sterilization of all mutants in their countries while most of their citizens either cheered, killed defenseless mutants in the streets, or just did nothing. It's up to Mutants show that humans have nothing to fear from them though right?

How do you rationalize that? At some point something's gotta give.

Mutantkind is unapologetically carving out its own place in the world for the first time in history and the humans can either get over it and leave them alone or start a war(which is what they usually do).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    But if quirks are just a natural extension of your body, having to be licensed in order to be yourself is pretty gnarly! IIRC there's a law in the MHA universe that prevents public use of quirks, not even accounting for self-defense. Plus the government documenting your abilities and how to best contain you, knowing your identity, and all the slow bureaucracy. No good.
    The story already explains that once the population of people with Quirks increased, the amount of criminal activity increased followed by vigilantes so they had to establish laws to prevent the criminal usage of powers. And since 80% of the world are Quirk-users they were most likely in on passing the laws.

Harry Potter uses the same logic. You can't use magic or own a wand without first going through formal education.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Lmao "the mutants should so this", "the mutants should do that".

At this point in time the mutants shouldn't do anything besides act in their best interests.

Oh and if saving the world, dimension, universe several times over isn't enough of a show of good faith in the mutants part despite the constant attempts at extermination on the humans part then idk what is.

I just find it funny that how as soon as mutant build something for themselves and just themselves it's all of a sudden an affront to humans and mutants "not showing humans that they have nothing to fear".

It's almost as if just half a year before the creation of Krakoa 90% of the world's governments didn't sanction the capture, vaccination and sterilization of all mutants in their countries while most of their citizens either cheered, killed defenseless mutants in the streets, or just did nothing. It's up to Mutants show that humans have nothing to fear from them though right?

How do you rationalize that? At some point something's gotta give.

Mutantkind is unapologetically carving out its own place in the world for the first time in history and the humans can either get over it and leave them alone or start a war(which is what they usually do).
    The amount of mental gymnastics that posters use to defend humanity's attempts at genocide is more amusing than disheartening. It's gotten to the point where I would love to see someone like Hickman/Ewing/Cates/etc. write an event where humans face a Decimation-type of situation where baseline humans are all but wiped out and the heroes plead to the nation of Krakoa for help and refuge. The panel where Xavier/Magneto/Krakoan Council laugh at them and hang up the line would be priceless.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Definitely this.

I feel somewhere along the way there's been some sort of miscommunication in that? Or this is being wilfully ignored. Or that in itself is somehow an attack, I don't know.
    That's what I've noticed in seeing discussions on the internet, whether it be on forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, or wherever else, that when someone starts even the most innocent conversation regarding race, sexuality, or any other sensitive topic, there comes the possibility of someone jumping into said conversation who seems quick to assume and label someone as a bad person regardless of how little to no evidence there is to back that labeling up, and just generally emphasize on all the awful things that have happened to the innocents as much as possible so as to get many others to listen and agree out of emotion-based shock, rather than out of a constructive, reasonable, and evidenced-based argument, and unproductively derail the conversation as a result.

This isn't to say people aren't allowed to voice their concerns or emotions, and I'm not sure if it's unhealthy cynicism or Godwin's law or something else, but I personally don't entertain vitriolic, emotion-based conversations that can lack an imperial engagement with reality anymore like how I used to. If people want to have evidenced-based, analytical-based, reality-based, and preferably non-intense, conversations about the problems going on in the world, and especially what solutions can be implemented so help resolve said problems as best as possible, as soon as possible, then I'm all game, but if people are just going to throw evidence-lacking accusations, oversimplify complex issues, and use a conversation as a venting ground for hostile emotions rather than for a meaningfully deep and productive exchange of ideas, then don't expect me to stick around in that sort of conversation for long, because being exposed to too much of them can be unhealthy, and no one needs unhealthiness in their lives, and I'm sure many reasonable people out there feel the same way despite their best intentions.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-28-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Easily the most shocking post I've ever read on this forum.

Sadly for you, and thankfully for the rest of us, morality still plays a central role into our societies and how people interact both with one another and regarding the laws of their countries.

I usually don't discuss other people's personal pov or life experiences... but really, get a grip. The notions you are floating are poisonous.

And the gal stand by what she said, earlier, people have every right to be concerned about the policies adopted by Krakoa... The blanket amnesty of all mutants alone, including mass murderers and terrorists, is hugely controversial.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Easily the most shocking post I've ever read on this forum.

Sadly for you, and thankfully for the rest of us, morality still plays a central role into our societies and how people interact both with one another and regarding the laws of their countries.

I usually don't discuss other people's personal pov or life experiences... but really, get a grip. The notions you are floating are poisonous.

And the gal stand by what she said, earlier, people have every right to be concerned about the policies adopted by Krakoa... The blanket amnesty of all mutants alone, including mass murderers and terrorists, is hugely controversial.
    Seconded! I choose to believe that Wild fang X is just being a gadfly. Or role-playing his avatar.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."