Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The elephant in the room that the comics haven't addressed (to my knowledge at least) is that the whole "Humans wiped out the Neanderthal" premise has been shown to be false by modern genetic studies that show the different strains as interbreeding and that Neanderthal DNA is present in a lot of modern humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interb...s#Neanderthals

So, while I can suspend disbelief for my comic reading pleasure, I'd actually really like to see this addressed in the comics where it's not about two 'warring species' and how there already is evidence of mutant DNA in humans and vice versa... "we" (humans and mutants) are already more like one genetic species than not... and see where that takes the drama and in-story prejudices and such.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It would have worked better had Marvel never tried to use the Inhumans push against the X-Men. It was a fools errand that doomed us
    I still don't believe that anyone at Marvel genuinely thought of replacing the X-Men with inhumans especially since the X-Men had much more books than the Inhumans at the time of their push. People got scared and let their fears get the best of them.

If anything the Avengers "replaced" them. In Avengers vs. X-Men, the Avengers didn't want new mutants to exist, but Cyclops said otherwise. And Avengers stuff trampled X-Men stuff. Now they're back so everyone can stop worrying.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I don’t have a problem. I’m talking about the Inhumans as a concept, and as a concept, they make one helluva tone deaf metaphor for immigration. You can point to specific stories or characters, but that’s not the same thing.
    I can tell you haven't been reading anything inhuman, but no one is expected to. We're in a thread about mutants taking on supremacist rhetoric after all which is ironic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    The elephant in the room that the comics haven't addressed (to my knowledge at least) is that the whole "Humans wiped out the Neanderthal" premise has been shown to be false by modern genetic studies that show the different strains as interbreeding and that Neanderthal DNA is present in a lot of modern humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interb...s#Neanderthals

So, while I can suspend disbelief for my comic reading pleasure, I'd actually really like to see this addressed in the comics where it's not about two 'warring species' and how there already is evidence of mutant DNA in humans and vice versa... "we" (humans and mutants) are already more like one genetic species than not... and see where that takes the drama and in-story prejudices and such.
    Yeah, see, that's what I've been pondering over too! In fact...we still are one species: humans give birth to mutants and, in turn, mutants can give birth to humans, plus the whole successful inter-breeding thing! Mutants aren't just some random, alien invasion like the Midwitch Cuckoo's...they're human.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, see, that's what I've been pondering over too! In fact...we still are one species: humans give birth to mutants and, in turn, mutants can give birth to humans, plus the whole successful inter-breeding thing! Mutants aren't just some random, alien invasion like the Midwitch Cuckoo's...they're human.
    And that's only the tip of the iceberg. The concept of 'mutation' in "X-Men" seems to have stemmed from the pop-culture, post-atomic bomb, idea of mutagens as a cause of mutation. That's only one of four 'causes' for mutation (the others being molecular decay; error-prone translesion synthesis; and faulty DNA repair) and none of them create new 'species' - and most mutations aren't really desirable.

But that destroys so much of Marvel origins of superpowers that it won't ever really be addressed in any comics (X-Family or not). Radiation (and other extreme mutagens) don't create superpowers... more often than not, it just causes cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It isn’t a lie. Mutants are the evolutionary inheritors to the human world. The only thing they are withholding is that their manufactured replacements are already on the way.
    Mutants are a branch of homo sapiens sapiens. It doesn't mean that they will inherit the world.

This would be true if we had followed Morrison's plot of human genes disappearing.

But the plot twist in the end of Moira's 9th life is that it's not true.
    Homo novissima is the real heir of the world.
    Homo superior is actually preventing life in Earth from reach its potential with Ascension.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Interestingly, mutants weren't mentionned in the future Reed Richards scampered around with Nathaniel in Hickman's run on Fantastic Four.

But really, put those words in anyone IRL see how long it takes for them to be shafted as an extremist by everyone else...
    Bottom line being, yes, of course it is supremacist language, regardless of the in-universe justification to it.
    Methinks that you have not truly experienced anything of the sort nor a true understanding of what supremacist rhetoric is to have such a hot take. Once again, your example falls on its face.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Mutants are a branch of homo sapiens sapiens. It doesn't mean that they will inherit the world.

This would be true if we had followed Morrison's plot of human genes disappearing.

But the plot twist in the end of Moira's 9th life is that it's not true.
    Homo novissima is the real heir of the world.
    Homo superior is actually preventing life in Earth from reach its potential with Ascension.
    Ascension is just the fake factory humans being eaten by a black hole.

If that's the potential they have to look forward too then they better pray to the Phoenix that mutants thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Methinks that you have not truly experienced anything of the sort nor a true understanding of what supremacist rhetoric is to have such a hot take. Once again, your example falls on its face.
    I elaborated on the initial point further with another poster, you might want to look for my answer there. Methink.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ascension is just the fake factory humans being eaten by a black hole.

If that's the potential they have to look forward too then they better pray to the Phoenix that mutants thrive.
    As opposed to the mutants, right? Eventhough they are the resulting experiments of spacefaring beings...
    Talking about "fake" beings in one instance and of "evolution" in the other is pretty contradictory. Flatly, both Novissimas and Mutants had their genetics tempered with, they are more brethren than people want to admit.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I elaborated on the initial point further with another poster, you might want to look for my answer there. Methink.

As opposed to the mutants, right? Eventhough they are the resulting experiments of spacefaring beings...
    Talking about "fake" beings in one instance and of "evolution" in the other is pretty contradictory. Flatly, both Novissimas and Mutants had their genetics tempered with, they are more brethren than people want to admit.
    Sorry, but no .

Two baseline humans can birth mutants. Homo-Skynet can't be birthed naturally. They're fake and an evolutionary pitfall created to subvert the natural evolution of the human species.

They're nothing alike. The humans creating the T-1000s to stop mutantdom is like an aging person cutting off wrinkled skin to stop their old age.

At the end of the day they're inevitably gonna have to deal with stagnation which for them is being the bottom bitches of the Phalanx black hole.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 11-21-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sorry, but no .

Two baseline humans can birth mutants. Homo-Skynet can't be birthed naturally. They're fake and an evolutionary pitfall created to subvert the natural evolution of the human species.

They're nothing alike. The humans creating the T-1000s to stop mutantdom is like an aging person cutting off wrinkled skin to stop their old age.

At the end of the day they're inevitably gonna have to deal with stagnation which for them is being the bottom bitches of the Phalanx black hole.
    Please.
    Mutants are as much the result of genetic-tempering as Novissimas... Again, look up who introduced the X-gene into the Human Race to begin with, before talking about "fake humans" .
    It's a strange double standard to hold here.
    That Humans carrying the X-gene can still produce and transfer their genetics to a viable progeny is only testament to the success of said external tempering.
    Nothing less, nothing more.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I still don't believe that anyone at Marvel genuinely thought of replacing the X-Men with inhumans especially since the X-Men had much more books than the Inhumans at the time of their push. People got scared and let their fears get the best of them.
    It was an openly acknowledged corporate push that affected all Marvel-owned media.

I'd point out to GMOs that are currently being produced by many industrialized countries across the globe as an example of organisms having their genetics tempered with by external hands, be able to reproduce, without anyone pretending they are the product of natural evolution as a result...
    Who would, when we know it was us who tempered with them?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...iments-2015-10

The idea that reproduction is proof of natural evolution is simply false. It's only proof of the viability of said "experiments", so to speak. Novissimas, mutants, inhumans: all of them are the result of external tempering. That's that.

"No justice, no peace."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd point out to GMOs that are currently being produced by many industrialized countries across the globe as an example of organisms having their genetics tempered with by external hands, be able to reproduce, without anyone pretending they are the product of natural evolution as a result...
    Who would, when we know it was us who tempered with them?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...iments-2015-10

The idea that reproduction is proof of natural evolution is simply false. It's only proof of the viability of said "experiments", so to speak. Novissimas, mutants, inhumans: all of them are the result of external tempering. That's that.
    Interesting point you raise. Novissima is the result of humans tampering with their own evolution, Inhuman is the result of a spacefaring alien empire tampering with human evolution, and mutant is the result of entities beyond human (or alien) comprehension tampering with human evolution. Of course, the same cosmic entities that gave the Marvel Universe mutants also gave us mutates, who need an external catalyst (often some form of radiation or radioactive material) to manifest or activate superpowers instead of a spontaneous activation during puberty like with most mutants.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is "Mutants will replace humans" supremacist rhetoric?
    Yes, because all the mutant policy is based on the idea that the mutants are superior to the 'humans'. It looks like a part of a scientific theory but it is used as a justification.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe