Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    If it's horse crap then what exactly should be done?

You will never eliminate Hate. Therefore the justification of killing off those who Hate will end with every human life on the planet being wiped out.

So please explain how it is different? How your solution is different? And how it makes you Superior then those you oppose?

Then watch how quickly and precisely you sound like those you believe yourself better than.
    Bro, you're defending Nazis. At some point, you should probably look at what you're typing, and maybe reconsider.

This should be obvious: The difference between hating all Nazis and hating all Jews, is that Nazis openly want to cull society of everything that isn't the Ubermensch. Killing of all redheads, Jews, Gays, gypsies, and everyone who doesn't fit into line with their beliefs. And unless you spend all of your time on the worst places of the internet, the Jews don't.

If you cannot understand that fundamental difference, I'm not sure what to tell you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I hope Hickman triple downs on the “oppressed minority continuously beat the **** out of their oppressors” story beat just because you said that.
    I don't think that's actually what's been happening on X-Men lately. Things have taken a darker turn for all mutantkind ever since Xavier's return. It feels good to see the mutants gain power and see the whole world tremble in fear. Yet these actions might just damn all of humanity, mutants included, in a bloody century of warfare that can only end in the extinction of one group. The dream of the X-Men is dead, now replaced with Moira's waking nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I don't think that's actually what's been happening on X-Men lately. Things have taken a darker turn for all mutantkind ever since Xavier's return. It feels good to see the mutants gain power and see the whole world tremble in fear. Yet these actions might just damn all of humanity, mutants included, in a bloody century of warfare that can only end in the extinction of one group. The dream of the X-Men is dead, now replaced with Moira's waking nightmare.
    Things only look darker if you're used to bright lights all the time.

The reason hateful bigoted people hang desperately onto political power for as long as they can is because they know that one day their hatred is going to come back on them, and the people they oppressed will be in power over them. People are afraid of what the mutants will do because the mutants have been at the bottom of the totem pole for years as Marvel kicked their body around because they can't make movies with them. So many fans danced gleefully at that.

Now things are different, and all of a sudden non X-fans are scared. Should they be? Maybe.

I mean you can think that, but that’s exactly what’s going on. It was made clear in the conversation between Sue and Scott. Things weren’t dark during Rosencanny but they’re dark now where almost every mutant is back and partying on Krakoa?? I know there’s cognitive dissonance but then there’s plain ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But Tycon, why won't you think of those poor oppressed Nazis that just want to purge the world of what they consider genetic filth. They obviously need defending from mean intolerant Jews, Gays, and other minorities that they want to slaughter whole sale.
    The pwoor Natzees uwu :^(((

Bro, you're defending Nazis. At some point, you should probably look at what you're typing, and maybe reconsider.

This should be obvious: The difference between hating all Nazis and hating all Jews, is that Nazis openly want to cull society of everything that isn't the Ubermensch. Killing of all redheads, Jews, Gays, gypsies, and everyone who doesn't fit into line with their beliefs. And unless you spend all of your time on the worst places of the internet, the Jews don't.

If you cannot understand that fundamental difference, I'm not sure what to tell you.
    I'm actually not defending Nazis and you should re-read everything I have written.

I am also well aware of what the Nazi stood for and fully believe that their logic was not only flawed but radical to degree that it holds and should never hold in any place in society.

However, I am also saying that even in that you, myself or anyone is no better then them. Because the very hate you hod for them shows that we could have just as easily be them.

The very idea of a class of human beings believing they are better then another FOR ANY REASON makes YOU THEM.

That is what I am saying. And I'm saying it until someone can properly explain what would be the "correct" corse of action taken when faced with a Nazi and how it would make you better then them.

If your answer is death, scorn, or forceful reeducation, well congratulation you just passed Nazi 101.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Thinking ultimatums makes you just as bad as the person fucking reeks of privilege.

I'm actually not defending Nazis and you should re-read everything I have written.

I am also well aware of what the Nazi stood for and fully believe that their logic was not only flawed but radical to degree that it holds and should never hold in any place in society.

However, I am also saying that even in that you, myself or anyone is no better then them. Because they very hate for them shows that we could have just as easily be them.

The very idea of a class of human beings believing they are better then another FOR ANY REASON makes YOU THEM.

That is what I am saying. And I'm saying it until someone can properly explain what would be the "correct" corse of action taken when faced with a Nazi and how it would make you better then them.

If your answer is death, scorn, or forceful reeducation, well congratulation you just passed Nazi 101.
    Yeah, no. That line of reasoning is complete 100% non-GMO organic grain-fed Oscar Meyer bologna. Hating Nazis does not equate with being one. That will never be true.

However, I am also saying that even in that you, myself or anyone is no better then them. Because the very hate you hod for them shows that we could have just as easily be them.

Nazis on germany were ready to kill their enemies and put them on bags. Police discovered it before it was too late.

Thinking ultimatums makes you just as bad as the person fucking reeks of privilege.
    Exactly this. It reminds me of the talking heads screaming that the motorcycle groups protecting gay soldier funerals from protests by the Westboro Baptist Church were just as bad as the WBC.

Free speech stops when you infringe upon the rights of others. And that includes hate speech.

I don't understand how defending your people against entrenched world wide racism makes you the villain of the story.

Right now we know the following in Dawn of X:
    1. Orchis is working toward the world wide genocide of mutant kind!
    2. Some rich unnamed organization (Power Elite, or Hydra) in X-Force is working toward the genocide of mutant kind!
    3. The US Navy is spying on Krakoa and trying to find weaknesses even though the US and Krakoa have a peace treaty!
    4. Russian and other non-treaty countries are rounding up mutants into gulag detention centres for possible experimentation and death!
    5. There is a guy named Apoth that wants to exterminate the mutant race and the Fallen Angels are starting to look into it!

You have several different organizations and groups actively working on killing all of mutant kind and destroying Krakoa!

So if a few mutants are getting to the point where they don't have any patience for the evil racists anymore I can kind of understand where they are coming from.

My cousin was staying with me for a while and his Dad came over one time and he went on a 20 minute rant about some stupid Jewish conspiracy he believed in. I couldn't take it anymore and I finally said, you know what I think we need to do as a society, we need to round up all the members of the Nazi's, KKK, and Aryan Nations, put them up against a wall and shoot them all for being the most evil and vile examples of humanity that ever lived. My Uncle doesn't talk to me anymore, thankfully, now I don't have to listen to his racist bullshit anymore, thank the Goddess for small favours!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Yeah, no. That line of reasoning is complete 100% non-GMO organic grain-fed Oscar Meyer bologna. Hating Nazis does not equate with being one. That will never be true.
    Then what should be done with them?

It's a simple question. I have presented it a total of 4 times, to which you responded/reposted to 3x's. Yet, you have not attempted to answer the question.

What is your "End Game" for Nazi's? What should be done with those who hate others for their differences?

If you think there is a difference then answer the question and prove it to be so.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Then what should be done with them?

It's a simple question. I have presented it a total of 4 times, to which you responded/reposted to twice. Yet, you have not attempted to answer the question.

What is your "End Game" for Nazi's? What should be done with those who hate others for their differences?

If you think their is a difference then answer the question and prove it to be so.
    We do what we always have with Nazis up until Donald Trump made them cool again. You shun them, you ignore them, you make sure every business that tries to work with them knows their views. You let them leave to Possum County, Mississippi where they can have their own AM radio show claiming Jews are killing America and blacks need to be lynched en masse so they can preach to their 50 inebriated redneck inbred listeners, and you leave them there.

BANNED

I mean you can think that, but that’s exactly what’s going on. It was made clear in the conversation between Sue and Scott. Things weren’t dark during Rosencanny but they’re dark now where almost every mutant is back and partying on Krakoa?? I know there’s cognitive dissonance but then there’s plain ignorance.
    The existence of Krakoa has sent the world into an upheaval. Mutants attempting to leave their home nations for Krakoa have caused widespread social unrest and economic dislocation. The mutants can party now but it's quite obvious that humanity won't be caught on the back foot forever. There will be consequences for defying the international order and even the now functionally immortal X-Men may not be able to stand against the combined might of humanity and their own superhuman teams.

Things only look darker if you're used to bright lights all the time.

The reason hateful bigoted people hang desperately onto political power for as long as they can is because they know that one day their hatred is going to come back on them, and the people they oppressed will be in power over them. People are afraid of what the mutants will do because the mutants have been at the bottom of the totem pole for years as Marvel kicked their body around because they can't make movies with them. So many fans danced gleefully at that.

Now things are different, and all of a sudden non X-fans are scared. Should they be? Maybe.
    I've said as much before in other threads in this sub-forum but the mutants' behaviour since founding Krakoa has not been endearing to say the least. Sure, the mutants always had this power or an inkling of that potential. It's just that Xavier used to be a lot more subtle about the whole thing. It's the defence between hard and soft power, to borrow a geopolitical term.

The mutants have moved too quickly and too brazenly, all they've done is confirmed the worst prejudices of humanity about the dangers mutantkind poses. If HoX/PoX was my first contact with the X-Men universe I'd agree, the mutants should've been wiped out decades ago. The X-Men and their allies are an uncontrollable threat that's going to destroy the world with their own hubris.
    Last edited by Kintor; 11-24-2019 at 06:39 PM.

*see's conversation about Nazis

I'm just gonna nope away from all that.

The comment about things being a dark nightmare sounds odd on paper when you see so many mutants being happy, but I actually agree with it. The way the happiness has been presented to us is just that there's been a few parties. In the actual series everyone is still arguing and infighting and getting killed like cannon fodder. All of the sinister underpinings make the entire thing feel like some kind of nasty scheme by Xavier and Moira. The clone/resurrection thing is still sketchy as ****, and seems more about consolidating power by shoring up mutant numbers and letting them die like cannon fodder with no consequences.

The entire premise of Krakoa was that Xavier's dream was doomed to failure and everything since X-men 1 was a waste of time. That's pretty dark. And now we've got Magneto making his god speeches with no pushback, Xavier attacking the F4, and just a threatening and cynical atmosphere over everything.

The existence of Krakoa has sent the world into an upheaval. Mutants attempting to leave their home nations for Krakoa have caused widespread social unrest and economic dislocation. The mutants can party now but it's quite obvious that humanity won't be caught on the back foot forever. There will be consequences for defying the international order and even the now functionally immortal X-Men may not be able to stand against the combined might of humanity on their own superhuman teams.

I've said as much before in other threads in this sub-forum but the Mutants behaviour since founding Krakoa has not been endearing to say the least. Sure, the mutants always had this or an inkling of that potential. It's just that Xavier used to be a lot more subtle about the whole thing. It's the defence between hard and soft power, to borrow a geopolitical term.

The mutants have moved too quickly and too brazenly, all they've done is confirmed the worst prejudices of humanity about the dangers mutantkind poses. If HoX/PoX was my first contact with the X-Men universe I'd agree, the mutants should've been wiped out decades ago. The X-Men and their allies are an uncontrollable threat that's going to destroy the world with their own hubris.
    Why, because they got away from everyone to stop from being killed? That makes them the bad guys?

Remember, in the last run of Uncanny, the entire US Government voted for mass sterilization on penalty of death for every mutant. But running from that makes the X-Men the bad guys. Okay.