Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They literally robbed her of her mutant powers, so she became full darkchylde. So unless they have found a way to restore mutant powers without having to go through the resurrection process, I personally think she might have been resurrected. Unless they are ignoring all of the body mutilations in Uncanny (Magik's removed mutancy, Cyclops' eye, Emma's brain and head) but it's jarring if it's not explained for me.
    I think they reversed the vaccine

This was Magik's last status quo pre-DoX

there's this thing that happens when you say the phrase " like a Sunspot in space" and think (in a cage).

see what I'm saying?

I really like the immediate momentum of this book that effortlessly propels from being writ' in bright yellow highlighter smudgy different upon and within a substrate of essential more-NORMAL sameness.

And Chamber, whom I've hardly known and always fancied, I'm thrilled he's just here and I hope it's never X'plained and if charted, burned out like a late Miro anti-art canvas, with the advert on the next page blaring through.

lol, the gif is so true and yet perhaps not Magik but the demon left by Illyana when she-Magik-went-elsewhere and let the demon do its thing and Hope do hers while she did what she does when she decides, she's had enough knowing nobody would know or even really care whatever happens in or out of character during scenes like these, doesn't even look back as she leaves the set. And, honestly, I think I'll always kinda sorta really appreciate Rosenberg's Illyana a lot for being...all over the place and simply...mostly...not actually, more like decidedly just, right there and somehow steadied in the frenzy of that hurried pre-new-dawn 3-2-oh go-ahead&-the-end.

Painters have been known to drink their own brush water, and only much later come to know what they've done.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-22-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

They literally robbed her of her mutant powers, so she became full darkchylde. So unless they have found a way to restore mutant powers without having to go through the resurrection process, I personally think she might have been resurrected. Unless they are ignoring all of the body mutilations in Uncanny (Magik's removed mutancy, Cyclops' eye, Emma's brain and head) but it's jarring if it's not explained for me.
    That would mean they tracked down and killed original Yana first since resurrecting someone that hasnt been confirmed to die is a big NoNo. Id read this story tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Is Mondo going to give birth to Krakoan/Brood hybrids?
    Mama Mondo. I think the worst thing that could happen would be the pheromones ending up on Krakoa and attracting the Brood there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

So Magik can teleport out of solitary confinement, but not the actual prison? Guess I will just go along with it for now...
    Well Sunspot did say if they're found guilty they'll break out....seems like he's waiting for the justice system
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That would mean they tracked down and killed original Yana first since resurrecting someone that hasnt been confirmed to die is a big NoNo. Id read this story tbh.
    CAN they even kill what she turned into? I Mean she casually 1-shotted Juggernaut like it was breathing.

This is my problem with this status quo overall. There is hardly anything showing how it went from what we were at to this.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-24-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Does anyone else hear Lionel Hutz's voice when reading the lawyer here lol.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I could see Brisson write an arc about this since he’s pals with Rosenberg

Callahan put the same gene bomb in Magik and Triage that he did earlier with White Queen and Vanisher. Vanisher dies and Callahan kept threatening to kill Emma with the button. I think that everything that made Illyana ‘her’ died when he pressed the button, or at least killed the human half and soul with an almost zombified-Darkchylde being all that’s left.

Still a very jarring and awkward place to leave a character with the knowledge that they’re supposed to be back to normal the very next time we see them. But hey, that’s Rosencanny for ya :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Callahan put the same gene bomb in Magik and Triage that he did earlier with White Queen and Vanisher. Vanisher dies and Callahan kept threatening to kill Emma with the button. I think that everything that made Illyana ‘her’ died when he pressed the button, or at least killed the human half and soul with an almost zombified-Darkchylde being all that’s left.

Still a very jarring and awkward place to leave a character with the knowledge that they’re supposed to be back to normal the very next time we see them. But hey, that’s Rosencanny for ya :^)
    I mean, I can easily get behind the idea that they killed and resurrected her.

I still find crazy how Rosenberg went on killing everybody or trying his best to make them unusable

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, I can easily get behind the idea that they killed and resurrected her.

I still find crazy how Rosenberg went on killing everybody or trying his best to make them unusable
    I think it’s horrible how Rosencanny went but Hickman’s HOXPOX really did so much for the X-Universe that anything that went wrong could easily be explained away.

Everyone who’s dead? Back via the graces of the Five. Everyone who either betrayed or were betrayed? Forgiven under Krakoa. Everyone who was mutilated? Healed in the Healing Gardens.

BANNED

Hickman already said they're able to do some tweaks to people's powers, like the St. Croix sisters going full Penance, so that's probably what happened with Magik.

This preview is absolutely gorgeous, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Everyone who was mutilated? Healed in the Healing Gardens.
    What about Karma...
    GrindrStone(D)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Perhaps still being pushed as a role model for amputees with prosthetic limbs, a la Della Duck in the "Ducktales" reboot?

Oh wait, mutants are tired of playing role models to the oldtypes. Maybe just character branding now?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi