Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Yeah it is a little weird that she's not just porting everyone to Limbo and waiting it out at the very least. Kind of makes me wonder if this version of Yana isn't as powerful as past versions. Didn't they say when a mutant is resurrected they use the "best version" of themselves right? I've been wondering if this one is a younger "less demonic" version?
    I think the Savage Avengers issue with her and Strange will clear things up about her power levels. For now let's just assume that this is plot driven. They can't have all powerful hell lord Magik or everyone is pretty useless hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think the Savage Avengers issue with her and Strange will clear things up about her power levels. For now let's just assume that this is plot driven. They can't have all powerful hell lord Magik or everyone is pretty useless hahaha
    Well right, that's what I was getting at... She's likely been resurrected, but which version?

What issue of Savage Avengers had that? I'd love to read it!

BANNED

no character has been confirmed to be resurrected from an old save file and its been emphasized that doing so would be a big deal.

BANNED

[QUOTE=pandafarmer;4699280]Yeah it is a little weird that she's not just porting everyone to Limbo and waiting it out at the very least. Kind of makes me wonder if this version of Yana isn't as powerful as past versions. Didn't they say when a mutant is resurrected they use the "best version" of themselves right? I've been wondering if this one is a younger "less demonic" version?[/QUOT]

Can she teleport to limbo anywhere in the universe? Maybe her conection to the Limbo is weaker in Space or maybe she isnt the Hell lord of the Limbo anymore in this Statu quo. Limbo is going to get involved in the Hell war of the ghost rider series so the status of the realm will be cleared soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post

Can she teleport to limbo anywhere in the universe? Maybe her conection to the Limbo is weaker in Space or maybe she isnt the Hell lord of the Limbo anymore in this Statu quo. Limbo is going to get involved in the Hell war of the ghost rider series so the status of the realm will be cleared soon.
    It's possible... how did her porting work in the GOTG series when she was helping Kitty and Star Lord? I never got around to reading that one.

Oh okay, Tuck. I thought in HOXPOX they said something to the effect that they could make the best version of themselves using this technique. I must have been wrong!

Can one of Berto's lawyers get Sam divorced from his wife so that we can have Lila Cheney back?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Looks great. Roberto's intro has the same energy as Freckle's monologue from that one episode of Caleb Gallo.

From their reaction, I'm guessing they know the guards transporting them. One of the Imperial Guard maybe, although it seems below their paygrade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Can one of Berto's lawyers get Sam divorced from his wife so that we can have Lila Cheney back?

Berto obviously want the Kentucky juice all for himself .

I don't know one hundred percent how Illyana's powers work, but I understand that she can travel not only for space but for time.

Is it possible that at a distance as immense as the Shi'ar space to Earth is inaccurate trying to teleport?

BANNED

Looks like my worries were for naught, and can be put to rest. New Mutants to Marauders: "We see your #2 & raise you, with ours."

Those two books got it goin' on, and are offerin' up some strong support to the preordained, de facto headliner, that is HiX-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Oh okay, Tuck. I thought in HOXPOX they said something to the effect that they could make the best version of themselves using this technique. I must have been wrong!
    You're not wrong. Monet and Archangel are confirmed to have been changed during resurrection in this Hickman interview. We don't know yet if the New Mutants have been changed but there is precedent.

"And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant. Is that also true about their age? Or about other aspects of their physical condition? What about their gender? What about if they want to be backed up from an earlier version? One that hasn’t suffered a particular trauma or had their heart broken?"

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    You're not wrong. Monet and Archangel are confirmed to have been changed during resurrection in this Hickman interview. We don't know yet if the New Mutants have been changed but there is precedent.

"And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant. Is that also true about their age? Or about other aspects of their physical condition? What about their gender? What about if they want to be backed up from an earlier version? One that hasn’t suffered a particular trauma or had their heart broken?"
    Yeah, I was surprised by the ideas that a character could be resurrected with an other gender... Are you gonna get an "Old Woman Wolverine" in the future ?

Anyway, great preview. New Mutants seems to be in the right place right now. Enjoying the (spaceship) rides so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't know one hundred percent how Illyana's powers work, but I understand that she can travel not only for space but for time.

Is it possible that at a distance as immense as the Shi'ar space to Earth is inaccurate trying to teleport?
    She's done it before with ease.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

"Nae!" <3

Looking good, Hickman.

Love the Space Judge.