Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I love his run. If it wasn’t just about spread over one decade going into the next it would be on a “best of” list.
    It gave us bearded Berto.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I love his run. If it wasn’t just about spread over one decade going into the next it would be on a “best of” list.
    The entire Magik v Elder Gods plan was groundbreaking and I still don’t think it’s talked about enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean she should be. Karma ultimately screwed over the team worse than Magik did. I hope there is still tension to be found in the current volume of NM bc there's alot of material between them now for a real rivalry. I wouldnt mind if they just tolerate each other but deep down dont like the other
    Immediately after and even at the point where they had been rescued, sure since Karma isn’t a sociopath. But even after she helped get them cured with Dark Beast and having friendly/non-aggressive interactions with the team during the WotR tie-in, she quits the team over off-panel interactions we never saw about how everyone hates her. It just felt forced, probably because Rosenberg didn’t know what to do with her and knew he’d gets hit if he killed her off.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God for volume 3 cuz the last time we saw the OG crew was in Young X-Men.

oh boy.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The entire Magik v Elder Gods plan was groundbreaking and I still don’t think it’s talked about enough.

Immediately after and even at the point where they had been rescued, sure since Karma isn’t a sociopath. But even after she helped get them cured with Dark Beast and having friendly/non-aggressive interactions with the team during the WotR tie-in, she quits the team over off-panel interactions we never saw about how everyone hates her. It just felt forced, probably because Rosenberg didn’t know what to do with her and knew he’d gets hit if he killed her off.
    LOL...considering how many people he killed off, I dont think he cared. Might as well had killed her off at the same time as Rahne

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God for volume 3 cuz the last time we saw the OG crew was in Young X-Men.

oh boy.
    Wasnt that just Sunspot and Dani? I wouldnt quite count that.

BANNED

There’s actually a “Things to come” page in Young X-Men that teases a bunch of plots that were ultimately handed off to X-Infernus and NM v3 after YXM got cancelled. Thank god for small favours because imagine if Guggs wrote those stories...

BANNED

Despite being dragged into one crossover after the other Zeb Wells managed to tell a great self contained story, play with continuity, advance characters forward and handle a big cast of supporting characters. His only sin is screwing Sam over.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean she should be. Karma ultimately screwed over the team worse than Magik did. I hope there is still tension to be found in the current volume of NM bc there's alot of material between them now for a real rivalry. I wouldnt mind if they just tolerate each other but deep down dont like the other
    How did Karma screw them over??

And I wouldn't mind some tension between Karma and Magik like maybe karma Is the only telepath that can get in her head/posses her but I'd like Magik to get closer to NM cast bedides Dani... Sunspot???

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    It gave us bearded Berto.

His run gave us the triple B's...
    Bearded Black Berto
    Last edited by BroHomo; 11-25-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

This book is pure joy and I’m deeply upset we’ll have to wait a month and a half before we’re Globless again.

This issue was pretty solid,. Hickman clear has better grasp of writing Sam and Berto than the summers family. But of course that makes sense he wrote them in Avengers. The whole cast in general shows personality as well which makes the the complaints about X-men 2 and Hickman interesting . I am curious at addition of Gen X members now after reading this book but I will talk about that later.

Extraordinary Member

I found issue 2 to be an improvement over issue 1. The plot was a lot less choppy and the tone seemed more consistent, making it much more clear what the book is trying to be.