Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This Q.Q. paired up with Black Tom has the potential to be priceless.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Best book. Already got want I wanted.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

And just like that, Kid Omega is back. X-Force is trying to be my favorite DoX book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Kid Omega and Wolverine back together again, finally. It's been forever. This looks to continue to be the best X-Men book of this relaunch.
    Agreed. This is the one I most eagerly anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, Logan is around 200 years old right. He is the epitome of "Ok Boomer"!
    Pretty funny. I'm liking Logan and Quire's banter here. Good stuff.

I love QQ when he's written well, and X-Force is towards the top of the heap of the Dawn of X line for me. Can't wait for this.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Hm. This was my least favorite number one, but maybe I will pick up number two now. I like QQ here.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Want to hate Quentin...but Quentin is funny and useful...

DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE--

ERROR 404
    I'm right with you. I started my eye roll but had to stop midway because he sounds great. I'm OK with the arrogance if he's actually doing stuff to show for it.

Goodness, X-Force is creeping up to the top of the pile for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love the art in this.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm happy that Cecilia is showing up. I love seeing her.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I love QQ when he's written well, and X-Force is towards the top of the heap of the Dawn of X line for me. Can't wait for this.
    I agree but reading the comics some think he has always been written the same but I would argue that has not been quite the case. Some writers write him as a joke, or pathetic, or super annoying. Again he is like Alex DeLarge, he does his own thing whether it is right, wrong, or whatever. He just wants to be himself in a world full of conformity.

I also like it when he's written smart. He is smart though not as much as he thinks because he's still a kid and he makes mistakes (look at Riot at Xavier's). He's also very powerful and once was one of Xavier's prize students (another commonality he has with Jean Grey).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I also like it when he's written smart. He is smart though not as much as he thinks because he's still a kid and he makes mistakes (look at Riot at Xavier's). He's also very powerful and once was one of Xavier's prize students (another commonality he has with Jean Grey).
    I liked Quire when he had some teeth and was legit dangerous. I don't even mind if he's no longer strictly an antagonist, but a powerful kid, potentially too smart for his own good, walking the knife's edge of his potential. I like when he represents the potential of the next generation in a way that an unsettling challenge to the X-Men's respectability politics.

I *hate* that so many writers try to make him a more palatable character by giving him a level of sympathy that way surpasses the actual hardships he's suffered. I hate the Phoenix mythology being grafted onto him. I hate when he gets reduced to a bratty woobit with a heart of gold. Which all boils down to say, I've severely disliked about 95% of the character's appearances since Aaron brought him back, so I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably never going enjoy reading about again, and adjust my buying habits accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I liked Quire when he had some teeth and was legit dangerous. I don't even mind if he's no longer strictly an antagonist, but a powerful kid, potentially too smart for his own good, walking the knife's edge of his potential. I like when he represents the potential of the next generation in a way that an unsettling challenge to the X-Men's respectability politics.

I *hate* that so many writers try to make him a more palatable character by giving him a level of sympathy that way surpasses the actual hardships he's suffered. I hate the Phoenix mythology being grafted onto him. I hate when he gets reduced to a bratty woobit with a heart of gold. Which all boils down to say, I've severely disliked about 95% of the character's appearances since Aaron brought him back, so I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably never going enjoy reading about again, and adjust my buying habits accordingly.
    I don't mind the Phoenix bit so much because Morrison introduced it but it probably should have been left there. I didn't like them just giving him tk though in Morrison's run he was experiencing some sort of secondary mutation. In my personal head canon view being an omega telepath (like Jean) allows him to access/plug into the cosmic psychic phoenix fire.

I loved Quentin challenging Xavier's ideas in New X-Men, old vs new was one of the major themes of the book. I loved the line where he was reading all these thoughts and in some many languages but he said they were all thinking the same stupid thought. That was a powerful moment to me, that moment right before Xorn hit him with whatever he hit him with right and Quinton ascended to another plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm happy that Cecilia is showing up. I love seeing her.
    She's the perfect support character. I wish they'd delve into how she views Krakoa and how her opinion has changed in terms of accepting her mutant status

BANNED

I mostly enjoyed QQ in Aaron's run. Softening the character is the only way he could be viable to stick around. He got too soft/caricaturized after that, I'd agree there. I just don't see a dramatic difference between the Quentin here and the one in WATXM Vol 1. I enjoy him.