Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What are people talking about Quire has always been this character. This is why he keeps showing up and writers keep using him. He is a entertaining troll whether you like him or hate because of it doesn't matter it is same effect.
    Eh, he got to certain levels of insufferable over the years, though I like what I'm seeing here.

BANNED

Kid Omega and Wolverine back together again, finally. It's been forever. This looks to continue to be the best X-Men book of this relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Donnt even tell me about it. Im imagining myself getting choked as I read XForce.
    Oh my. Hahah.

What are people talking about Quire has always been this character. This is why he keeps showing up and writers keep using him. He is a entertaining troll whether you like him or hate because of it doesn't matter it is same effect.
    I think Quentin Quire took people by surprised; his popularity has grown exponentially through the years and has become a staple of the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, he got to certain levels of insufferable over the years, though I like what I'm seeing here.
    Insufferable is a strong word. Though, I've pretty much enjoyed him through the years. I really preferred his initial concept of a student rebelling, creating a counterculture, and the X-Men worried they were raising and training a future villain; but the anti hero fits in all this and the X-Men have lost of concept of heroes and villains anyways.
    Insufferable is strong.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Oh my. Hahah.

I think Quentin Quire took people by surprised; his popularity has grown exponentially through the years and has become a staple of the X-Books.

Insufferable is a strong word. Though, I've pretty much enjoyed him through the years. I really preferred his initial concept of a student rebelling, creating a counterculture, and the X-Men worried they were raising and training a future villain; but the anti hero fits in all this and the X-Men have lost of concept of heroes and villains anyways.
    Insufferable is strong.
    I think my issue was certain writers taking his anti-social tendencies to new heights, or imbuing him with a greater sense of grandeur and importance that didn't feel earned.

The writing of Quire is good here, the contrast with Wolverine works very well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think my issue was certain writers taking his anti-social tendencies to new heights, or imbuing him with a greater sense of grandeur and importance that didn't feel earned.
    That is his charm , he is a super powerful mutant that doesnt give a **** about anyone , but in the end he always does the right thing because he will never stop to feel bad about what he did. He thinks that he will screw everything so he doesnt stay close to anyone but he also want to be accepted.

A bunch of contradictions and internal conflicts that he maskes with fancy clothes .

I HATE KID OMEGA... but he's tolerable here.
    Looking forward to this issue even more seeing QQ not be a total mess so far. And 'insufferable' is exactly how I'd describe him. He's a one note character that only got more play initially because he's a Morrison creation, just like Glob Herman.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-21-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quire is Floyd Mayweather, You hate him and love to see bad things happen to him. But you will tune in see him lose .If you genuinely hate Quire or find him annoying then he is doing his job as character.

Characters that evoke a real emotional response with the readers are good characters. When Quire is showing up and your like meh then that is worse thing. There is a limit annoying characters at some point you will just tune them out so if he is showing up and he is still irritating then he is doing his job. Will at some point he becomes a love to hate character? Maybe but real hate also works for now.

BANNED

“lol shut up Boomer” - QQ

Count me as an unwavering fan of QQ and he trolls my favorite character. Really speaks to the quality of the character design.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quire is Floyd Mayweather, You hate him and love to see bad things happen to him. But you will tune in see him lose .If you genuinely hate Quire or find him annoying then he is doing his job as character.

Characters that evoke a real emotional response with the readers are good characters. When Quire is showing up and your like meh then that is worse thing. There is a limit annoying characters at some point you will just tune them out so if he is showing up and he is still irritating then he is doing his job. Will at some point he becomes a love to hate character? Maybe but real hate also works for now.
    He has his moments. The main issues are tone and temperment and type. I dislike QQ because he's an actual supremacist murderer who led a gang killing of innocent humans, and that's never been addressed since his return. He can't be sold to me as quirky and fun because of it. Dude's a pillock.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

That might have been shocking before (human killing) but in the age of Krakoa (even with Rule # 2) the constant generation of constrained menace by a mutant against all sapiens is the highly-encouraged approach.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Preview looks good. I hope it will be as good as #1.

This is a great preview. I am looking forward to issue #2.

Xavier gets assassinated.
    Quentin: "This is about ME"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    “lol shut up Boomer” - QQ
    Hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Count me as an unwavering fan of QQ and he trolls my favorite character. Really speaks to the quality of the character design.
    Its these kinds of pairings, when the writer seems to reeeeally get the characters, that are just so <chef kiss>
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-22-2019 at 05:45 AM.