Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you like to see out of a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 3?

I feel like LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 3 announcement should happen sometime soon, as it's been two years since the last game, and the original LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the best-selling LEGO game ever with over 8 million copies sold I think, so it's not like they'll abandon it.

With that said, what would you like to see out of LMSH 3?

Here are some things I would want:
    • All-star voice cast. God, the LMSH 2 voice acting was awful, since they were forced to use non-union actors during the VA strike at the time. Thankfully, this is guaranteed, as the strike ended around the time the game came out. Basically, I would like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 voice actors as the easiest reference, which features reprisals from all sorts of works.
    • X-Men and Fantastic Four content. Again, a given due to the buyout. I want to see all of the universe represented, and I'm looking forward to this as well.
    • Return the setting to NYC, but expand upon that while also featuring smaller areas elsewhere. Chronopolis in the second game was fun, but it felt... empty, like a lot of it was just filler and felt pieced together compared to NYC being a cohesive place. NYC should just be larger all around, and feature locations like Avengers Tower, Xavier's School, Baxter Building and so on. Other areas that can be visited include Savage Land, Asgard, Wakanda, Latveria, Attilan etc.
    • Original story that distills many parts of the Marvel Universe mythos.
    • As for characters added, I'm honestly not sure because I feel like LEGO has covered so many of them that I don't know who hasn't been in LEGO at this point. But keep up the good work!

What about you guys?

Yeah, I think I could see them making the X-Men and FF more integral since they've been forced to sit out the last few games because of rights issues.

I hope the voice cast is on par with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. That had probably the strongest and most diverse cast of a Marvel game in a long time, especially with some of the VA's they brought back. If I have to hear Troy Baker as Hawkeye again, I'll riot.

I definitely want to see the FF in! And the Eternals!

More variety with the powers would be fun too

Back to New York and expand it, be able to go accorss the bridges and go to places like the X-Mansion rather than have the X-Mansion in Manhattan.
    X-men, F4 and another other characters that were exclusded for Heroes 2, Scarelt Witch, Young Avengers, etc
    Destructible envinroments, break buildings and the like
    New voice actors, Patrick Stewart was great but we need more VAs
    No more super long fetch quests, flying from one side of a map to another and back got very repetitive
    Better variety in missions, destroying different types of stuff again gets repetitve also a check list would be nice
    Fix the vehicle handling and the races, they are not fun, just annoying especially as they get dragged out.

The 2nd one got hit hard with the VA strike and of course, the XMen-F4 ban but with everyone under one roof, it wouldn't shock me if it comes out as a Next Gen Launch title similar to LMSH 1.

Bigger cast, a more dense map, add back the side missions and random crimes. Better combat. Better variety of missions.

Richard Rider - Nova Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Richard Rider - Nova Prime!
    Oh yeah. I believe they were pushing hard for Sam Nova and thus we didn't get to see Rich Rider in these games. That should be corrected.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Introduce some elements of Bionicle into one of these games, and I'd be in.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

A change to some of the voice cast. Spider-Man and Gwenpool don't sound great, especially the latter.

I hope to see more of the Runaways, with lines given to them this time, I especially loved playing as Minoru Nico and Karolina Dean.

Bring back the speedsters. LEGO Avengers perfected speedsters mechanics for LEGO games in general, and I'd sure love to play with more of them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Oh yeah. I believe they were pushing hard for Sam Nova and thus we didn't get to see Rich Rider in these games. That should be corrected.
    To be fair, Rich wasn't getting used in the comics either, Sam had outright replaced him. By the time they did that shortlived comic where Sam got Rich out of the Cancerverse, LMSH2 would've been too far into development.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, Rich wasn't getting used in the comics either, Sam had outright replaced him. By the time they did that shortlived comic where Sam got Rich out of the Cancerverse, LMSH2 would've been too far into development.
    Yeah, but video games don't have to be completely beholden to the comics. For example, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had Jean Grey as one of the playable characters (under the Phoenix identity), even though she was dead at that point in the comics (MvC3 was 2011 and she didn't return until 2018). Also, LMS digs very deep for characters that haven't been used or replaced, so it makes Rich's exclusion even more jarring. Of course, Loeb created Sam and as a major force in Marvel at the time, had him exposed as much as possible. Tellingly, the MCU planned to use Rich for IW/Endgame before he was cut because of time (Loeb had no impact on the movies), and I expect Rich will headline a Nova movie later.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    A change to some of the voice cast. Spider-Man and Gwenpool don't sound great, especially the latter.

I hope to see more of the Runaways, with lines given to them this time, I especially loved playing as Minoru Nico and Karolina Dean.

Bring back the speedsters. LEGO Avengers perfected speedsters mechanics for LEGO games in general, and I'd sure love to play with more of them.
    Voice cast, you mean from the first game or the second? The second had to use non-union actors due to the VA strike at the time, but that's been resolved, so we'll definitely be getting professional talent for 3.

He has to mean the second, because he mentions Gwenpool, who hadn't been created yet when the first game came out, and thus, obviously, isn't in it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think I could see them making the X-Men and FF more integral since they've been forced to sit out the last few games because of rights issues.
    Marvel never lost the video game rights to the X-Men or FF. They just wouldn't allow them to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Marvel never lost the video game rights to the X-Men or FF. They just wouldn't allow them to be used.
    I was actually gonna say that too, but wasn't sure if he thought that or if he was referring to the film rights being the reason they were forbidden.