Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    CBR's Batman forum in a nutshell.
    LOL

See *COUGH* Thor Appreciation Thread *COUGH*

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We don’t know. 5G says that Bruce will be replaced by Luke Fox but who will be writing that hasn’t been established.
    part of me thinks they are waiting to see how Tynion's run sales before fully commiting with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    part of me thinks they are waiting to see how Tynion's run sales before fully commiting with him.
    Unlike seemingly everyone else here I actually enjoyed Tynion’s Tec lol. He wrote a good Luke Fox, so I’m not opposed at all to Tynion writing Luke’s turn with the cowl.

He might be a placeholder but I think it's still telling DC put Tynion on their flagship, and he does like Luke...but I can see them wanting to start fresh with 5G!Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL

See *COUGH* Thor Appreciation Thread *COUGH*
    I see what you did there .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unlike seemingly everyone else here I actually enjoyed Tynion’s Tec lol. He wrote a good Luke Fox, so I’m not opposed at all to Tynion writing Luke’s turn with the cowl.
    Haha. Well, I ADORE Tynion's Tec. For those two years, it was my favorite title of the time. And I loved the way he wrote Luke, even though it was a bit of a departure from Luke's solo series and Batman Eternal characterization.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He might be a placeholder but I think it's still telling DC put Tynion on their flagship, and he does like Luke...but I can see them wanting to start fresh with 5G!Batman.
    I imagine they keep Tynion how much really specific world building his pitch seems to be doing, and how the rumored Luke Fox is fairly prominent in it. It reminds me of Bendis and DeConnick's situations on Superman and Aquaman, and I'd bet both are staying right where they are for 5G.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Old money AND new money are both corrupt. I would really like to see a BATMAN title that is aware of this, and builds off that to show us Bruce Wayne navigating a world of scary elites with unlimited resources. See how he wages his war on them, or how he changes to survive.

Overall this sounds like a 'hard pass' till they announce a new team. With Ellis on THE BATMAN'S GRAVE I have my Bruce Wayne fix for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    So, basically DC allowed King to kill Alfred off (in the lamest way) because he wanted having a big death to his name that will leave an impact and they need to keep him happy. But they actually don't want Batman to be left alone without an Alfred-like figure so they just turned Lucious into Alfred v.2 and he is now CEO by day, Butler by night? Wonderful just wonderful. And guess this is supposed to somehow lead to explaining how, Luke, of all people, somehow becomes Batman, because hey, his daddy is already the Butler and they will make a great team together!
    King hadn't planned for Alfred's death to stick. DC decided, after the issue had been released, to make it permanent and King had to adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Old money AND new money are both corrupt. I would really like to see a BATMAN title that is aware of this, and builds off that to show us Bruce Wayne navigating a world of scary elites with unlimited resources. See how he wages his war on them, or how he changes to survive.

Overall this sounds like a 'hard pass' till they announce a new team. With Ellis on THE BATMAN'S GRAVE I have my Bruce Wayne fix for now!
    That'a great idea and one that's long overdue. I'm really digging Batman's Grave too, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    King hadn't planned for Alfred's death to stick. DC decided, after the issue had been released, to make it permanent and King had to adjust accordingly.
    King didn't mean Dick's headshot to stick either. Maybe he needs to stop doing major damage to characters if he doesn't mean them to stick. Obviously he is wrong to think his "shock value" maiming and killing of characters would just be resolved and back to normal come next issue somehow given DC's tendency to make them stick AND the difficulty of realistically making it all go away in one issue. It boils down to a major problem with him: doesn't have enough respect for the characters & anything goes for some cheap shock.
    Last edited by Schumiac; 12-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I imagine they keep Tynion how much really specific world building his pitch seems to be doing, and how the rumored Luke Fox is fairly prominent in it. It reminds me of Bendis and DeConnick's situations on Superman and Aquaman, and I'd bet both are staying right where they are for 5G.
    He definitely seems to be doing some build up to Luke, and maybe the reconstruction of Gotham will be more 5G plot relevant then just a current writers plot.

Astonishing Member

There's some ideas here but I'm not sure it really makes any sense for the villains of Gotham to be terrified of Batman when they constantly do battle with him. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I see what you did there .
    Had to throw in a dig

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The news of Jorge Jimenez in March has me hanging onto Batman for another two issues/one month. Jimenez is a LONG time favorite of mine (since Smallville Season 11: Olympus - what I wouldn't give for him to do a Wonder Woman run), and his covers look amazing!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The news of Jorge Jimenez in March has me hanging onto Batman for another two issues/one month. Jimenez is a LONG time favorite of mine (since Smallville Season 11: Olympus - what I wouldn't give for him to do a Wonder Woman run), and his covers look amazing!
    I might pick up the first arc simply for Jimenez; hot damn Super Sons was gorgeous because of him