Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Jiminez is definitely one of the hottest artists in comics right now...and I'm not just saying that because of how he draws his characters .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jiminez is definitely one of the hottest artists in comics right now...and I'm not just saying that because of how he draws his characters .
    Hot Bruce is the best Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hot Bruce is the best Bruce

It's a good thing the bad guys know to stay away from his face. No broken managed nose or cauliflower for Brucie the Hottie

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    There's some ideas here but I'm not sure it really makes any sense for the villains of Gotham to be terrified of Batman when they constantly do battle with him. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
    Personally I never bought the batman as a symbol of terror. The Joker? Yes. A Batman who punches you and puts you in Jail? Nope. That's just a bent cop.

Villains of Gotham fear Batman about as much as they fear Gordon

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Personally I never bought the batman as a symbol of terror. The Joker? Yes. A Batman who punches you and puts you in Jail? Nope. That's just a bent cop.

Villains of Gotham fear Batman about as much as they fear Gordon
    The big villains, yes, not their henchmen, I think.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I've been waiting for a story about all the reconstructive procedures Bruce, Dick, and Co. would need just to look passably normal. False teeth, new bridge for the nose, cybernetic hips, etc.

I want this almost as much as I want a story about all the brain damage his rogues must have after repeated contacts with Bruce's fists.

I mean, if Tynion wants to examine Bruce as a Michael Myers nightmare stalker, let's start with his rogues gallery's CT scans.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The big villains, yes, not their henchmen, I think.
    Yeah, the A-listers are at a point where they've all been at this too long to actually be afraid of Batman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    I've been waiting for a story about all the reconstructive procedures Bruce, Dick, and Co. would need just to look passably normal. False teeth, new bridge for the nose, cybernetic hips, etc.

I want this almost as much as I want a story about all the brain damage his rogues must have after repeated contacts with Bruce's fists.

I mean, if Tynion wants to examine Bruce as a Michael Myers nightmare stalker, let's start with his rogues gallery's CT scans.

Snyder kind of touches on it in his run.

Isn’t this why the director of Suicide Squad gave Joker the grill? Because Bats knocked all of his teeth out

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post

Elseworld then, coz the image of Bruce, Dick and the others having a glass of false teeth ruins the immersion and fun of a superhero comics kinda like when they made Batman pissed his pants when his Year One bomb went off too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Elseworld then, coz the image of Bruce, Dick and the others having a glass of false teeth ruins the immersion and fun of a superhero comics kinda like when they made Batman pissed his pants when his Year One bomb went off too close.
    Well, the mental image of Bruce's granny dentures makes *me* smile.

I miss Elseworlds. In the nineties you could still sometimes go full Silver Age crazy without any pretense to canonicity.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Isn’t this why the director of Suicide Squad gave Joker the grill? Because Bats knocked all of his teeth out
    That and trying maybe a little too hard to be "edgy" and "different."

That and trying maybe a little too hard to be "edgy" and "different."
    As one does in these times ... as one does

BANNED

Yeah, the A-listers are at a point where they've all been at this too long to actually be afraid of Batman anymore.
    I Always liked the stories that showed how the standard criminal viewed him. One of my first batman stories was one criminal trying to persuade another to rob a bank. The other one was telling Batman Stories to Show, why it was a bad idea^^ Still one of my favourites.

Regarding Tynion: I liked most of his Detective run, so him writing Batman Sounds good.

And regarding Holly: After Brubackers run do Writers get extra Money to write her like this?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 12-16-2019 at 07:59 AM.

I don't love or hate Tynion. He's just kinda ok to me. But I will def give him a try. No disrespect to any King fans, but I've hated his run. I can't even read it, at least I can read Tynion. But if it's underwhelming then I'm really digging Tomasi on Tek. Some good stuff in there, so I'll still have my Bat fix. But I always try and want to read the main Bat book so hopefully Tynion delivers something good.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bumping because in James Tynion's newsletter this week he mentions his batman plans are now going into 2021, I'd say we should stop considering this a filler run at this point with that many issues.