All-New Member

Default My Personal Gotham City Map: Review and Criticise

Being stuck at home got me started on projects...

I'm making a Gotham City map based off the map from No Man's Land and also the colour scheme/style of my local street directory, but with additional information like North and West county (however Bristol doesn't have a map on any media).

I've made up a lot of Bristol's streets, but figured before I get settled with how I have it so far I'd have some people have a go at telling me how wrong I am.

Feel free to mention anywhere in the city I've also screwed up as well. It's directly taken from No Man's Land, but that was 1999, and the city's come a long way since.

gotham map.jpg

No building reference just yet until I'm happy with the streets.

Mainly my issue is with Bristol, and especially trying to figure out the positioning and ratio of Wayne vs Drake estates (or if I should even have Drake estates given the years since they moved away) vs Brentwood Academy which is apparently right there too.

Missing buildings that will require roads made for them: International Airport (north of west county), and Interstate/Gotham Light and Power (south of airport)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Keep the Drake estate if you can. The building and surrounding area should be there even after they moved out.

This is the newest map Caivu posted in Gotham City 2020 appreciation thread

tumblr_o4xf41n3sI1qkvpsmo2_1280.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-02-2020 at 11:47 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Keep the Drake estate if you can. The building and surrounding area should be there even after they moved out.

This is the newest map Caivu posted in Gotham City 2020 appreciation thread

tumblr_o4xf41n3sI1qkvpsmo2_1280.jpg
    Can't believe I missed this during my research - can only think that it's cause it newer than the maps I've found on Google.

Extremely helpful. I hadn't even thought of the Kane estate, and some other landmarks, thank you!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wasn't there an official map in Batman No Man's Land?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wasn't there an official map in Batman No Man's Land?

As mentioned in the original post I'm basing the map off this one.

However I'm also taking some details from Savage City and Christopher No man's Dark Knight. Also filling some gaps with the Earth-46 map for Bristol.

I am happy to take any map resource, as some may have little bits and Bob's for Bristol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memesgraveyard View Post
    As mentioned in the original post I'm basing the map off this one.

However I'm also taking some details from Savage City and Christopher No man's Dark Knight. Also filling some gaps with the Earth-46 map for Bristol.

I am happy to take any map resource, as some may have little bits and Bob's for Bristol
    Wait there's an Earth-46 map of Bristol? I want that. Can you please post it here or link the source?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait there's an Earth-46 map of Bristol? I want that. Can you please post it here or link the source?
    Sorry, it was Earth-27. A fan-made earth that has it's own Fandom.com page: https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki
    Earth 27 Gotham_City.jpg

There's also another fan-made map called Earth-46, but has no other resource other than a DeviantArt page - looks like a personal project:
    earth_46__gotham_city_map_by_crow_453_db0k96t-fullview.jpg