Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So the Catwoman Twitter page is urging BatCat fans and followers to not support this run until DC and Tynion show some respect [not sure what that means. Couldn't be bothered reading multiple tweets].

They also advised followers not to fall for Tynion's recent pitch stating that his run will feature BatCat claiming it's a lure to retain Batcat fans who have made the Batman title DC top selling solo title in Rebirth.

Looks like Tynion better up his Batcat game. I Think. Not sure what the heck is going on but I'm sure somewhere @dietrich's got the popcorn out

https://twitter.com/CatwomanGoddess
    Oh I think I saw this person on several websites. Their views on comics are rather...particular.

I read his blog and I liked it.

I took his comments as Bruce not unmasking as Batman but dropping the pretense of Bruce being an irresponsible playboy.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No Alfred is a non-starter for me, don't think I'll be trying this run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So the Catwoman Twitter page is urging BatCat fans and followers to not support this run until DC and Tynion show some respect [not sure what that means. Couldn't be bothered reading multiple tweets].

They also advised followers not to fall for Tynion's recent pitch stating that his run will feature BatCat claiming it's a lure to retain Batcat fans who have made the Batman title DC top selling solo title in Rebirth.

Looks like Tynion better up his Batcat game. I Think. Not sure what the heck is going on but I'm sure somewhere @dietrich's got the popcorn out

https://twitter.com/CatwomanGoddess
    I scrolled down and only found that apparently he's disrespecting BatCat? The impression I got was that he simply implies that his Batman focus won't be BatCat... and then I found Crimes of Passion #1... wasn't Tynion listed in their clickbait of a Catwoman x Nightwing story?

That might be it. ^^

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "action horror superhero comic book" isn't that just Justice League Dark ?

I do admire Tynion for wanting to make Batman scary again, although I wonder if part of that is fueled from losing Alfred.

I also like that it sounds like Bruce as Bruce will be a factor in this run, and we'll see what his civilian life is like with Alfred gone. And he and Selina will be a public couple, something that never seemed to be at all a factor during the engagement.

I'm getting some 'Tec Tim vibes from Bruce becoming obsessive with fixing everything after Alfred's death.
    JLD is 'action horror' from a magic sense. The new Batman is probably going to be 'action horror' from a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I scrolled down and only found that apparently he's disrespecting BatCat? The impression I got was that he simply implies that his Batman focus won't be BatCat... and then I found Crimes of Passion #1... wasn't Tynion listed in their clickbait of a Catwoman x Nightwing story?

That might be it. ^^
    Crimes of Passion has 10 stories by 10 writers and nowhere does it say Tynion is writing that particular story.

This whole Anti Tynion noise started when he was 1st revelled as the writer taking over from King. A fan asked Tynion who his favourite female character was and he said Talia. Then the CatwomanGodess tweeted him asking for confirmation that he will continue what King set up ie Batman and Selina as the status Quo.

He failed to reply and @catwomangodess posted a tweet that his silence spoke volumes and advised her followers not to support the run.

Nothing but entitled fans making assumptions and turning nothing into a non issue.

Incredible Member

I would welcome it if a writer made some effort to rebuild Talia's character. Dc has treated her poorly since Morrison changed almost everything she used to be. That doesn't mean she has to be a romantic interest though.
    Shippers like Catwomangodess can be an annoyance.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I would welcome it if a writer made some effort to rebuild Talia's character. Dc has treated her poorly since Morrison changed almost everything she used to be. That doesn't mean she has to be a romantic interest though.
    Shippers like Catwomangodess can be an annoyance.
    Between Silencer and the Levithan event, I do believe DC is trying to slowly make Talia a anti hero and rebuild her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Crimes of Passion has 10 stories by 10 writers and nowhere does it say Tynion is writing that particular story.

This whole Anti Tynion noise started when he was 1st revelled as the writer taking over from King. A fan asked Tynion who his favourite female character was and he said Talia. Then the CatwomanGodess tweeted him asking for confirmation that he will continue what King set up ie Batman and Selina as the status Quo.

He failed to reply and @catwomangodess posted a tweet that his silence spoke volumes and advised her followers not to support the run.

Nothing but entitled fans making assumptions and turning nothing into a non issue.
    I am a fan of the couple but I believe that account is definitely overreacting. Tynion has shown nothing but support for King's run and I think batcat fans should be grateful they are getting a writer that cares enough to even include Selina in this run, when we were expected to have a book focusing on batman again with no promise of Selina at all at first.

More focus on Bruce and his "human", civilian side would be nice. Never been a fan of dividing Batman and Bruce up like they are two different people and Bruce is just a facade...

But, the repeated claim of Batman/Bruce being frightening/scary and the fact he will be rather obsessed with rebuilding Gotham with a "never again" attitude is kind of making me weary. Won't know till we see the run, I just hope Tynion is going for something more than "tough guy Batman/Bruce who is a machine".

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    More focus on Bruce and his "human", civilian side would be nice. Never been a fan of dividing Batman and Bruce up like they are two different people and Bruce is just a facade...

But, the repeated claim of Batman/Bruce being frightening/scary and the fact he will be rather obsessed with rebuilding Gotham with a "never again" attitude is kind of making me weary. Won't know till we see the run, I just hope Tynion is going for something more than "tough guy Batman/Bruce who is a machine".
    A lot of people were complaining about it seeming like Bruce didn't care what was going on in gotham during city of bane at first, so maybe this is a way to appease those people, by having him care too much about rebuilding the city?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of people were complaining about it seeming like Bruce didn't care what was going on in gotham during city of bane at first, so maybe this is a way to appease those people, by having him care too much about rebuilding the city?
    It sounds a lot like how Tynion handled Tim in his 'Tec run where he was going overboard with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kantor View Post
    So, no more detective work?
    It's disappointingly absent from Tynion's pitch. Hopefully, it's just an oversight that'll get rectified in the writing process.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-25-2019 at 11:23 PM.

There's another excerpt from Tynion's Batman document pitch in the second issue of his newsletter which went out today. It focuses on his ideas for Gotham City itself and the GCPD. He's implied the overall document/pitch is very large so I wouldn't make any final conclusions based on the small excerpt he put in the first newsletter (or even from the bits from the second) as they seem to be just scratching the surface of the overall document.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There's another excerpt from Tynion's Batman document pitch in the second issue of his newsletter which went out today. It focuses on his ideas for Gotham City itself and the GCPD. He's implied the overall document/pitch is very large so I wouldn't make any final conclusions based on the small excerpt he put in the first newsletter (or even from the bits from the second) as they seem to be just scratching the surface of the overall document.

-M
    True, but he chose to only show, what he thought, were his most defining blurbs. What's absent is just as telling as what isn't.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-26-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    True, but he chose to only show, what he thought, were his most defining blurbs. What's absent is just as telling as what isn't.
    Or he shared what he thought would hook as many readers to his newsletter as possible where he could keep putting out crumbs to draw people in before he gets to the really good stuff. If you are trying to lure and keep subscribers, you lead with something juicy but you save the best stuff for later as a payoff...so I'm in the wait and see school of seeing what else is coming before I jump to any conclusions about the big picture of his run's direction/shape.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato