Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Read it yourself. I’m not your personal review bot.
    I didn't ask for a review. I was asking how Kwannon's perspective helps with the Krakoan narrative.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Read it yourself. I’m not your personal review bot.
    Lmao. 1010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I didn't ask for a review. I was asking how Kwannon's perspective helps with the Krakoan narrative.
    Well, I appreciate the specificity of the follow-up question. She’s an outsider among outsiders with a distinct moral code and someone who has both just found her tribe and has been with them the whole time. While no single element of her as a concept is unique, the combination of those things feel fresh and new. In relation to Krakoa, she brings a restlessness to paradise that I’m not getting in the other books. Marauders and X-Force in particular give the sense of work still to be done. Here, it’s more a sense of “what do you do, when the work is done.”
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 11-27-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

I liked kiwanna assassin outfit better then her current one

BANNED

Ok, hands down, out of all the DOX titles, this is the absolute BEST.

Whereas other characters seem like their stories could end at Krakoa, these three are just getting started. Sure, I’m not 100% convinced of Laura needing mentor ship in regards to her anger, but I am getting that she needs purpose, a way to channel it now that she isn’t caring for her little sister.

I love the nuance being tackled here, too! The actual ADDRESSING of attitudes regarding the world they left, if even from a small group—these characters still care, and deeply at that, so much so that they aren’t just going to let the world descend into hell. The EMPATHY, man, especially from Kid Cable! (I can’t believe I wasn’t hating every panel with him! I was like “Wait, no...he’s right!”)

Best title, hands down! Glad I bought up all the variants!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well, I appreciate the specificity of the follow-up question. She’s an outsider among outsiders with a distinct moral code and someone who has both just found her tribe and has been with them the whole time. While no single element of her as a concept is unique, the combination of those things feel fresh and new. In relation to Krakoa, she brings a restlessness to paradise that I’m not getting in the other books. Marauders and X-Force in particular give the sense of work still to be done. Here, it’s more a sense of “what do you do, when the work is done.”
    True. It helps that Hill is mostly using characters with no ties to the council so you're most likely going to see how the lower-tier citizens feel.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I’m not even a twitter user, but x-twitter constantly slandering this great book is sacrilege.

And yes - I think Psylocke II/Kwannon is a unique voice.

What a retcon they did with her powers.... pfft.

Well the Kwannon fans on twitter are loving Fallen Angels. Which is great for the character. BEH has her making some comments about Betsy that I disagree with but he's trying to elevate her and make her different. So i'll just go with some of the generalized comments she's making.

This issue was ok. There's no spoiler thread but some of the interactions she has with Cable and Laura didn't make sense to me.

BANNED

I don’t think Psylocke’s feelings about Betsy are meant to be a reflection of the writer. Her angst and resentment is understandable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I’m not even a twitter user, but x-twitter constantly slandering this great book is sacrilege.

And yes - I think Psylocke II/Kwannon is a unique voice.
    Every book that isn’t tonally similar to Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl is automatically questionable on X-Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don’t think Psylocke’s feelings about Betsy are meant to be a reflection of the writer. Her angst and resentment is understandable.
    Yeah I get that now that she has her body she has some resentment. But she shouldnt be making statements so matter of factly about Betsy and how she viewed the telepathic represention of her powers. Yeah they shared a body.

But that would be like Betsy making statements about her relationship with Matsuo. It just felt off. But thats a me thing.

I didn't think it was a bad issue.

Kwannon is really becoming her own character which is good.

I love the art on this book and feel it fits the tone but the artist cant draw Kwannon's face right. He's alright in action shots or closeups but whenever we see a good view of her face, it just looks off