Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193
  1. #16
    Incredible Member Mr Cochese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Kwannon turned into a cult leader in like one issue.

  2. #17
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,955

    Default

    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 04:59 AM.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following by the nose? She has done nothing.
    Yeah this bugs me. If it was Betsy in her place I could see it, but both Laura and Cable have been through so much more than Kwannon has.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    She's their mommy for now.

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member GylT'Nav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    Yes this irks me, too.

    I love flawed characters and I hope Kwannon's attidude is just that, and bite her back. I am not in it to see how great she it.....

  6. #21

    Default

    I like that Laura has more edge in this, she became way too bland in ANW, but I’m hoping we see where all this angst is coming from. As for Laura taking advice from Psylocke I have no problem with that at all. I remember when Laura went to the savage land and spent the whole time copying her.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Mr Cochese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I like that Laura has more edge in this, she became way too bland in ANW, but I’m hoping we see where all this angst is coming from. As for Laura taking advice from Psylocke I have no problem with that at all. I remember when Laura went to the savage land and spent the whole time copying her.
    Was that in issue one?

    I now think this whole thing must be a pisstake of culturally chauvinist Westerners turning to Far Eastern mysticism because they are a little bored working at the venture capital group.

  8. #23
    Amazing Member Rakurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Was that in issue one?

    I now think this whole thing must be a pisstake of culturally chauvinist Westerners turning to Far Eastern mysticism because they are a little bored working at the venture capital group.
    Around Uncanny X-Men 455-456, in april 2005.

  9. #24
    Incredible Member Mr Cochese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Around Uncanny X-Men 455-456, in april 2005.
    Wasn’t Kwannon dead at that point, or was it a Necrosha thing?

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Wasn’t Kwannon dead at that point, or was it a Necrosha thing?
    She was dead it was betsy psylock she was imitating.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-22-2019 at 05:07 AM.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    great, Laura gets Logan's anger issues. Why not talk to him about it? This is still pretty bad.

    Death of Xavier is important enough to lock down the island, but not important enough to end the nightly parties.
    Because Logan is as close as she has to a father. He's not objective when it comes to her.

    And its an island with thousands if not millions of people. Not everyone is going to look longingly in the distance while mourning. And the quiet council would encourage them to keep celebrating as Krakoa is supposed to inspire hope in its people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I don't like this. We've had really a whole lot of progression for her that is being forgotten.

    I know people don't like her, but not acknowledging Honey Badger is also weird, but we'll see.
    Its not being ignored, Laura acknowledges she put up a front for everyone else but she's still the old Laura. Honestly best of both worlds as someone who didnt enjoy upbeat Laura, its not discarded but she's back to her pre-ANW characterization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah this bugs me. If it was Betsy in her place I could see it, but both Laura and Cable have been through so much more than Kwannon has.
    On panel yes but Kwannon has had more life experience then both of them. Theres a dissonance between her status in universe and in the fandom, who mainly know her for having her body stolen ad dying. Its not any different then Laura gravitating around Psylocke in that Uncanny XMen issue, she had no idea who she was either.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member RD155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Fallen Angels #1 was probably my favorite book the first time around. Hoping this issue can keep things going in that direction. Kid Cable not being annoying compared to his interpreting in X-men 2 is a welcome addition.

  13. #28
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,687

    Default

    Psylocke saw through them, saw that they are like her, that they're struggling with the same thing. And then gave them a way to deal with that. That's why Laura and Cable feel inclined to follow her. I think it's perfectly reasonable.

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its not being ignored, Laura acknowledges she put up a front for everyone else but she's still the old Laura.
    That's the same bullshit excuse Hopeless gave for her "Something something bub I don't strategize because I'm Wolverine" behavior in ANXM. It stunk then, and it stunk now.

    Laura has ALWAYS had control of her temper. It's always been part of what set her apart from Logan.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: Fallen Angels (For Now)

  15. #30
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    On panel yes but Kwannon has had more life experience then both of them. Theres a dissonance between her status in universe and in the fandom, who mainly know her for having her body stolen ad dying. Its not any different then Laura gravitating around Psylocke in that Uncanny XMen issue, she had no idea who she was either.
    Except we don't know if she has had life experience on par to theirs. They are still making up her life experience, and given were it leads her. Im still not seeing why she is anyone to just follow, or why anyone would think they don't have the right to even ask her a question LoL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Psylocke saw through them, saw that they are like her, that they're struggling with the same thing. And then gave them a way to deal with that. That's why Laura and Cable feel inclined to follow her. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
    They are creating this forced angst with them, and quite frankly what does being like her even mean though. Notice how its her who has been telling them how they feel and what they need. I mean come on, she was even telling Cable how bored he is in the same week he's off with his dad seemingly living it up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •