Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hill responded about it on twitter, it's a mix of Laura trying to see how psylock handles her anger and Laura beat her trauma but is not completely gone, it's not objectlivy bad thought process. I think hill has ideas that Laura fans like but putting them to print loses it.(to be fair trying to squeeze about 20years of development for kiwanna in to a few issues could cause that.
    Cool concept, bad execution

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cool concept, bad execution
    I blame scheduling, I think he had to rush to accommodate his T.V(and possobable director) work.

I don't mind Laura having anger issues...look at her life. She's still a relatively young character too, it makes sense. I know people who consider themselves superfans of characters have their one true mental rulebook all writers must abide by, but this isn't an egregious error or unforgivable OOC take on her.

Hi, Dazzler.

The majority of Laura’s focus has been on her worth as a person and about her autonomy. Other writers have touched on her anger but this isn’t regressing how she thinks about herself, just that she’s never found anyone who can relate to her on a base level. The closest was Finesse but she turned out to be faux-villainous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hi, Dazzler.

OH ****! YESSSSSS

Astonishing Member

Hi, Dazzler.

Dazzler; well this book got a lot better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah we don't need to see it being rehashed again and again. Create new stories and dramas for the characters work
    Then why are people complaining about these characters who never met before bonding?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't mind Laura having anger issues...look at her life. She's still a relatively young character too, it makes sense. I know people who consider themselves superfans of characters have their one true mental rulebook all writers must abide by, but this isn't an egregious error or unforgivable OOC take on her.
    Why do people insist on broad reductive generalizations made laughable by specifics as a defense? Why yes it would make sense for a character with a similar background as her to have anger control issues; it does not make sense for this character.

Her self control is a defining characteristic; when illustrating the differences from her and Logan, it's the first thing on the list.

Yes, she has an ever present rage; but she has a full handle on it, and doesn't need Kwannon to help her "master" it.

Bonding over a shared personal darkness? Great! This scene would have worked wonderfully if it'd been more "how do you deal with it" rather then this "teach me oh wise one!" crap.

(This is of course working under the presumption that the scene is meant to be taken a face value.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Hi, Dazzler.

I just hope they don't give the friendship with Dazzler to Kwannon as well. That would be a punch in the gut.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Bonding over a shared personal darkness? Great! This scene would have worked wonderfully if it'd been more "how do you deal with it" rather then this "teach me oh wise one!" crap.
    Yeah, that's exactly why this scene lands wrong for me. Much like last issue and the "I want to be out of Logan's shadow" line, there's a general thrust that makes sense for the character, but the expression of it just doesn't seem to take into account where the last few writers left her. (Disassembled excluded because that was just a joke.) It's not enough to get me to drop the book yet, but it does mean I'm mostly disregarding anything that comes out of Laura's mouth.

Omg excited to see Dazzler and Kwannon interact with each other!

Funny how the thread is being taken up by question X-23's characterization when it's a general thread about the issue. For me, while I can comprehend that the characterization may be somewhat different then before, I have to say that I'm liking the series overall and find the characterization works in the context of this story.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I just hope they don't give the friendship with Dazzler to Kwannon as well. That would be a punch in the gut.
    I'd be super angry if they did that.

I hope Dazzler won't get only 2 panels like Captain Britain last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd be super angry if they did that.

I hope Dazzler won't get only 2 panels like Captain Britain last issue.
    Hill said on twitter that it's a "small but significant" appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hill said on twitter that it's a "small but significant" appearance.
    Mmm not much faith then. Well I don't think she fits in here anyway, she'd be nice on Excalibur with Betsy.