Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Got you. The Return of Wolverine or whatever that Soule mini was made a point about him locking up the berserker and not wanting to let it out, so that probably stood out a little too strongly in my mind as I wrote that. Still, the difference is that when Wolverine lets that side come out he is not in control. It is not something we was able to harness or channel or direct in anyway. It was just him releasing the safeties and hoping for the best outcome. My point still is that this is quite different from how Kwannon handles and uses her anger.
    I erally don't care that much about Soule writing Wolverine, very bland. I think throught the years we saw a lot of Wolverine using his anger when fighting.
    Recently I didn't saw any problem of Laura with anger, that she needs to learn with Kwannon is bad writing

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Aang and Korra have the Avatar State.

Logan and Laura have the Bub State.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I erally don't care that much about Soule writing Wolverine, very bland. I think throught the years we saw a lot of Wolverine using his anger when fighting.
    Recently I didn't saw any problem of Laura with anger, that she needs to learn with Kwannon is bad writing
    I do not want to go in a circle, so please understand that my interpretation is that she does not need help; Laura wants to learn a different way that she glimpsed in Kwannon's mind.

BANNED

“Bad writing” isn’t always the answer, especially when it’s really a case of readers not getting that trauma isn’t a mountain that you have to climb once and then you move on. It’s a mountain that has to be climbed over and over, especially when it’s years of uninterrupted trauma. Laura’s fighting conditioning that shaped her childhood and her identity, and now she’s experiencing a huge upheaval. All sorts of things can rise to the surface in times of great change, and now she needs to find new ways to deal with those things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    “Bad writing” isn’t always the answer, especially when it’s really a case of readers not getting that trauma isn’t a mountain that you have to climb once and then you move on. It’s a mountain that has to be climbed over and over, especially when it’s years of uninterrupted trauma. Laura’s fighting conditioning that shaped her childhood and her identity, and now she’s experiencing a huge upheaval. All sorts of things can rise to the surface in times of great change, and now she needs to find new ways to deal with those things.
    it would help if writers didn't completely zeroed the character development

it would help if writers didn't completely zeroed the character development
    You keep saying that but I don’t think you understand Laura’s character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You keep saying that but I don’t think you understand Laura’s character at all.
    I think I'm fine understanding her. People have different interpretations
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-26-2019 at 10:15 AM.

I think I'm fine understanding her
    Well, despite multiple people telling you why Laura is doing what she’s doing, you stubbornly say that she’s being completely reset. So either you know this is in line for who she is and are just arguing for argument’s sake or you’re stuck on your own interpretation of the character and aren’t open to any type of actual critical thought about her canonical development. Pick your poison.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I just hope they don't give the friendship with Dazzler to Kwannon as well. That would be a punch in the gut.
    That would be f*cked up and hilarious at the same time
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    That would be f*cked up and hilarious at the same time
    Turns out no one told Allyson that Betsy is in her old body and the one she's been hanging out with was Kwannon.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I think I'm fine understanding her. People have different interpretations
    Like writers have different interpretations? What makes your understanding the holy writ at large?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well gambit is off doing magic things, unless you mean Logan? In witch case you know the rules marvel has, there only aloud to say they have a relationship showing it is bad for reasons I dont know what they are but marvel thinks they exist and aren't stupid. (Also did they ever tell her he was alive ?)
    Well I was referring to Logan but you make a good point with Gambit. Can’t Laura just step through a portal and pop out of Rogue like an angry baby? Remy will be there waiting not wanting to make jokes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Well I was referring to Logan but you make a good point with Gambit. Can’t Laura just step through a portal and pop out of Rogue like an angry baby? Remy will be there waiting not wanting to make jokes.
    That would be a funny scene. side not still waiting on them interact or having any real conversation with the entire wolverine pack/clan/family together. Really wonder why we didn't get a Wolverine family team up story when he was back?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I think People saying that Laura was "perfectly 100% fine " during Taylors run for example, should read it again.
    Not to mention Tamaki's x-23 series that just preceded Fallen Angels.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Like writers have different interpretations? What makes your understanding the holy writ at large?
    The problem is the writer regressing th echaarcter to point, instead of taking the character from the point she is. I can be done with more nuance than what fallen angels is trying to do and failing. She camea long way with the solos and I don't see it present on the book

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That would be a funny scene. side not still waiting on them interact or having any real conversation with the entire wolverine pack/clan/family together. Really wonder why we didn't get a Wolverine family team up story when he was back?
    He was doing his own thing, then she was on age of x-men while he was on uncanny. when they got back it was th elast issue before Hickman