Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

The art is little uneven but it is appropriate dark for the style of book. I think Hill has grasp of what he is doing here to point where he addresses an issue people have been talking about in the book. And considering that book was already in press and done that is tell that worries are in vain he knows what is doing. I think I will like the book better with a larger cast especially if there is character that lighten mood at times. This week book was a solid one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The art is little uneven but it is appropriate dark for the style of book. I think Hill has grasp of what he is doing here to point where he addresses an issue people have been talking about in the book. And considering that book was already in press and done that is tell that worries are in vain he knows what is doing. I think I will like the book better with a larger cast especially if there is character that lighten mood at times. This week book was a solid one.
    Just read it. Answers some of the things I hate, but still seems to be “stealing” things that were definitely Betsy’s. It’s not a 100% retcon because Kwannon is a blank slate for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Just read it. Answers some of the things I hate, but still seems to be “stealing” things that were definitely Betsy’s. It’s not a 100% retcon because Kwannon is a blank slate for the most part.
    Betsy Braddock is one of the biggest beneficiaries of a character "stealing" something she was able to "steal" the appearance of asian woman a move that boost her popularity to new heights. She has stolen the Captain Britain archetype from Brian Braddock. Let just move from that Betsy Braddock is rich and deep enough character with a long enough history that she can go in several directions.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-27-2019 at 06:20 AM.

I enjoyed the book. The art, especially some poses of the characters, is sometimes odd.

Astonishing Member

Better then issue 1. But not that great. Really hope Laura gets a costume change or the outfit she has at the end is just temporary
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-27-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Incredible Member

LOL “I could use a friend”
    I guess betsy greedy fans will be even more pissed off with kwannon stealing things from her.

Codename
    Uniform
    Butterfly

And now *spoilers* ✨✨✨

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Better then issue 1. But not that great. Really hope Laura gets a costume change or the outfit she has at the end is just temporary
    Honestly, with the art style it's hard to tell WHAT she's actually wearing.

BANNED

This book is so tonally different than the rest of DoX and most X-books in general, and it’s so much better for it. THIS Psylocke offers a perspective we’ve been missing that we never even knew we needed. That’s not a knock against Betsy, either. I’m so excited her days of minstrel showy cultural appropriation are over, and she can get back to being the best version of herself that she can be as well.

And complain about it as some might, I love the butterfly connection. Can’t wait for these two to finally hash it all out. I’m ready for a frenemy/sister dynamic between them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, with the art style it's hard to tell WHAT she's actually wearing.
    It looked like a black jumpsuits with a white x and shoulder pads.... similar to cables. I guess the change was do to the artest not being able to draw her costume.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    This book is so tonally different than the rest of DoX and most X-books in general, and it’s so much better for it. THIS Psylocke offers a perspective we’ve been missing that we never even knew we needed. That’s not a knock against Betsy, either. I’m so excited her days of minstrel showy cultural appropriation are over, and she can get back to being the best version of herself that she can be as well.

And complain about it as some might, I love the butterfly connection. Can’t wait for these two to finally hash it all out. I’m ready for a frenemy/sister dynamic between them.
    What perspective is that?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What perspective is that?
    Her perspective.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wow. Thanks, Captain Useful.
    "Cable was right!"

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Kouchou Gakure technique and Psylocke II will be perfect.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wow. Thanks, Captain Useful.
    Read it yourself. I’m not your personal review bot.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    LOL “I could use a friend”
    I guess betsy greedy fans will be even more pissed off with kwannon stealing things from her.

Codename
    Uniform
    Butterfly

And now *spoilers* ✨✨✨
    Did she really steal that too?