Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Kwannon turned into a cult leader in like one issue.

This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following by the nose? She has done nothing.
    Yeah this bugs me. If it was Betsy in her place I could see it, but both Laura and Cable have been through so much more than Kwannon has.

This forced angst to prop Psylocke is brutal. Why is Laura and Cable kissing her ass and following her by the nose? She has done nothing. Poor Laura is like a submissive pet here. She is the one helping Psylocke out, yet she doesn’t even think she has any right to ask her something. Wtf?
    She's their mommy for now.

Yes this irks me, too.

I love flawed characters and I hope Kwannon's attidude is just that, and bite her back. I am not in it to see how great she it.....

I like that Laura has more edge in this, she became way too bland in ANW, but I’m hoping we see where all this angst is coming from. As for Laura taking advice from Psylocke I have no problem with that at all. I remember when Laura went to the savage land and spent the whole time copying her.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I like that Laura has more edge in this, she became way too bland in ANW, but I’m hoping we see where all this angst is coming from. As for Laura taking advice from Psylocke I have no problem with that at all. I remember when Laura went to the savage land and spent the whole time copying her.
    Was that in issue one?

I now think this whole thing must be a pisstake of culturally chauvinist Westerners turning to Far Eastern mysticism because they are a little bored working at the venture capital group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Was that in issue one?

I now think this whole thing must be a pisstake of culturally chauvinist Westerners turning to Far Eastern mysticism because they are a little bored working at the venture capital group.
    Around Uncanny X-Men 455-456, in april 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Around Uncanny X-Men 455-456, in april 2005.
    Wasn’t Kwannon dead at that point, or was it a Necrosha thing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Wasn’t Kwannon dead at that point, or was it a Necrosha thing?
    She was dead it was betsy psylock she was imitating.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-22-2019 at 05:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    great, Laura gets Logan's anger issues. Why not talk to him about it? This is still pretty bad.

Death of Xavier is important enough to lock down the island, but not important enough to end the nightly parties.
    Because Logan is as close as she has to a father. He's not objective when it comes to her.

And its an island with thousands if not millions of people. Not everyone is going to look longingly in the distance while mourning. And the quiet council would encourage them to keep celebrating as Krakoa is supposed to inspire hope in its people.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I don't like this. We've had really a whole lot of progression for her that is being forgotten.

I know people don't like her, but not acknowledging Honey Badger is also weird, but we'll see.
    Its not being ignored, Laura acknowledges she put up a front for everyone else but she's still the old Laura. Honestly best of both worlds as someone who didnt enjoy upbeat Laura, its not discarded but she's back to her pre-ANW characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah this bugs me. If it was Betsy in her place I could see it, but both Laura and Cable have been through so much more than Kwannon has.
    On panel yes but Kwannon has had more life experience then both of them. Theres a dissonance between her status in universe and in the fandom, who mainly know her for having her body stolen ad dying. Its not any different then Laura gravitating around Psylocke in that Uncanny XMen issue, she had no idea who she was either.

Fallen Angels #1 was probably my favorite book the first time around. Hoping this issue can keep things going in that direction. Kid Cable not being annoying compared to his interpreting in X-men 2 is a welcome addition.

Psylocke saw through them, saw that they are like her, that they're struggling with the same thing. And then gave them a way to deal with that. That's why Laura and Cable feel inclined to follow her. I think it's perfectly reasonable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its not being ignored, Laura acknowledges she put up a front for everyone else but she's still the old Laura.
    That's the same bullshit excuse Hopeless gave for her "Something something bub I don't strategize because I'm Wolverine" behavior in ANXM. It stunk then, and it stunk now.

Laura has ALWAYS had control of her temper. It's always been part of what set her apart from Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    On panel yes but Kwannon has had more life experience then both of them. Theres a dissonance between her status in universe and in the fandom, who mainly know her for having her body stolen ad dying. Its not any different then Laura gravitating around Psylocke in that Uncanny XMen issue, she had no idea who she was either.
    Except we don't know if she has had life experience on par to theirs. They are still making up her life experience, and given were it leads her. Im still not seeing why she is anyone to just follow, or why anyone would think they don't have the right to even ask her a question LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Psylocke saw through them, saw that they are like her, that they're struggling with the same thing. And then gave them a way to deal with that. That's why Laura and Cable feel inclined to follow her. I think it's perfectly reasonable.
    They are creating this forced angst with them, and quite frankly what does being like her even mean though. Notice how its her who has been telling them how they feel and what they need. I mean come on, she was even telling Cable how bored he is in the same week he's off with his dad seemingly living it up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 06:02 AM.