Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Except we don't know if she has had life experience on par to theirs. They are still making up her "history", and given were it leads her. Im still not seeing she is anyone to just follow or not have the right to even ask a question LoL.

They are creating this forced angst with them, and quite frankly what does being like her even mean though. Notice how it her who has been telling them how they feel and what they need. I mean come on, she was even telling Cable how bored he is in the same week he's off with his dad seemingly living it up.
    1) You're making this into something it's not. It's not about Kwannon supposedly being a great leader they want to follow, is about them relating to her and wanting to go along with what she's doing for their own personal reasons.

2) It's explaned on the first issue what that means, as it's kind of the whole premise of the book. You can agree with it or not, but it's there and it's explained.

3) The way you're twisting Laura's "I have no right to ask" is bizarre. Obviously she's being polite and mainly worrying about pushing her problems into Kwannon. I don't know how you got the idea that it's because Kwannon is some sort of tyrannical leader or whatever.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 11-22-2019 at 05:55 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

well well. the damn close ups of faces are coming back to haunt me.
    can't wait for a new artist.

Laura: "There's an anger inside me, bub."

Again, Laura? What the f**k? Is Jason Aaron writing this?

Looking like another 5/10 from Trini.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura has ALWAYS had control of her temper. It's always been part of what set her apart from Logan.
    always Huh?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Laura has ALWAYS had control of her temper. It's always been part of what set her apart from Logan.
    Honestly. Anger hasn't been brought up for Laura since Liu's take. Not even Bendis and Soule did it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    always Huh?
    Thats not anger, thats ptsd.

And poor Gambit. All the **** he had to go through to try and get through to her, yet apparently all he needed to do was tell he how she feels and that she needs to hunt.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-22-2019 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats not anger, thats ptsd.
    Exactly. She's an abuse victim who it's been well-established doesn't like to be touched. Lashing out at unexpected physical contact is a known symptom of this sort of PTSD, because the abuse survivor has learned to associated touch with pain, and instinctively goes into defensive mode when someone touches them without prior warning (IE an accidental bump, or as we see here, Gambit simply making a mistake of not announcing himself first so she knew the touch wasn't a threat). The problem is Laura's defenses include claws, so her flight-or-fight response to the perceived threat tends to be bloody. It's not ANGER, it's INSTINCT.

Seriously. Context.

Next they're going to show a panel of Laura under the Trigger Scent. :-P
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-22-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Exactly. She's an abuse victim who it's been well-established doesn't like to be touched. Lashing out at unexpected physical contact is a known symptom of this sort of PTSD, because the abuse survivor has learned to associated touch with pain, and instinctively goes into defensive mode when someone touches them without prior warning (IE an accidental bump, or as we see here, Gambit simply making a mistake of not announcing himself first so she knew the touch wasn't a threat). The problem is Laura's defenses include claws, so her flight-or-fight response to the perceived threat tends to be bloody. It's not ANGER, it's INSTINCT.

Seriously. Context.

Next they're going to show a panel of Laura under the Trigger Scent. :-P
    Well said!

Great preview! I'm loving this new more insightful version of Psylocke. She's been defined by Betsy's story for so long, but now she can chart her own path and I like where it's heading so far. I hope to see Cable and X-23 gain a larger role in this issue. I feel like those two haven't had a chance to shine yet.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Because Logan is as close as she has to a father. He's not objective when it comes to her.

And its an island with thousands if not millions of people. Not everyone is going to look longingly in the distance while mourning. And the quiet council would encourage them to keep celebrating as Krakoa is supposed to inspire hope in its people.

Its not being ignored, Laura acknowledges she put up a front for everyone else but she's still the old Laura. Honestly best of both worlds as someone who didnt enjoy upbeat Laura, its not discarded but she's back to her pre-ANW characterization.

On panel yes but Kwannon has had more life experience then both of them. Theres a dissonance between her status in universe and in the fandom, who mainly know her for having her body stolen ad dying. Its not any different then Laura gravitating around Psylocke in that Uncanny XMen issue, she had no idea who she was either.
    Has she though? She was a trained assassin yes, she was also the partner of the Hand leader yes. Much killing probably, but she had also much power in that position. Then she died and stayed dead. It was bad, but she was still dead.

Laura has been used as a weapon and assassin since she was a kid. Torture, chemical manipulation and psychological abuse first, then she got free and lived a life of killings, huge mutant crisis after the other and seeing her friends being killed in front of her eyes, and more killing.

Cable has lived in a post apocaliptic future with a techno organic infection and he's been a time travelling mutant warrior too.

Kwannon cannot really compete with them when it comes to life experiences. Or skills either probably.

BANNED

Looks good! I’m digging that Kwannon isn’t being treated like a newbie here. She was a ninja and master assassin before her life and body were hijacked. I’m eager to see those experiences explored.

I’m also ok with Laura, who is still very much a kid, realizing she hasn’t left all her traumas behind. Most people never do and that’s with significantly less consistent, less intense traumas.

I’m also enjoying the art. Sure, it’s uneven, but the art team is swinging for the fences. It’s ambitious, which is more than I can say for the art on some of the other books.

Astonishing Member

Anyone notice the art/text error on the second page ? The first two panels have Laura talking but they give the voice to kiwi, if the letter can't follow the art how could we be expected to.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Anyone notice the art/text error on the first page ? The first two panels have Laura talking but they give the voice to kiwi, if the letter can't follow the art how could we ?
    What? Read again. The dialogue bubbles are correct. Laura says "We will find Apoth, Psylocke. You have my word." and Kwannon replies "Do I have your trust?".

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Has she though? She was a trained assassin yes, she was also the partner of the Hand leader yes. Much killing probably, but she had also much power in that position. Then she died and stayed dead. It was bad, but she was still dead.

Laura has been used as a weapon and assassin since she was a kid. Torture, chemical manipulation and psychological abuse first, then she got free and lived a life of killings, huge mutant crisis after the other and seeing her friends being killed in front of her eyes, and more killing.

Cable has lived in a post apocaliptic future with a techno organic infection and he's been a time travelling mutant warrior too.

Kwannon cannot really compete with them when it comes to life experiences. Or skills either probably.
    This Cable is like 16/17. That's like 5 years at most without Jean and Scott caring for him in the future. Kwannon definetely has more experience than him.

For Laura, well, Kwannon has also been trained since she was a child apparently. And when she died she was already older than Laura is now.

Astonishing Member

Ment second page, first two should be Laura talking but, the word box have psylock saying then you shared your thoughts with me insted of laura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I’m also ok with Laura, who is still very much a kid...
    Except she's NOT. She's not only legally an adult, she's been through far more **** than people THREE TIMES her age.