BANNED

Default Firestorm vs Sersi

Firestorm post crisis vs the Eternal Sersi
    Who takes this?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I haven't read a ton of Sersi stuff, but from what u understand she has powers other than transmutation like telepathy, and her Eternalness should probably grant her a decent degree of resistance to be transmuted herself, on top of being able to use her powers to defend against it. So I lean to her being able to fend off the sheer power Firestorm has before shutting his mind down.

Sersi: maybe more powers and definitely has vast experience at using her powers, including telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, and mind control. Can't be killed unless every molecule of her body is simultaneously destroyed.

Firestorm: eventually became some kind of universal fire elemental thing, with the ability to fly in space at intersteller speeds or even teleport across the universe. He could also manipulate gravity and grow up to 100 feet tall. Usually has at least two melded minds, so might be unusually resistant to telepathy, or maybe unusually vulnerable.

If we are using Firestorm's peak form as universal fire elemental, he probably wins this, especially if his travel speed also indicates superhuman reflexes. Without a speed edge, he might be vulnerable to Sersi's mental attacks, and therefore she is more likely to win. If we assume more of a baseline power level for Firestorm based on his overall post-crisis career but also assume he is resistant to mental attacks, then this might be a close fight that Sersi will win due to experience.

BANNED

Has Firestorm any tp resistance feats? For that matter can he resist Sersi's molecular manipulation? If he is altered then it would be game over as he can't affect organics so would be unable to undo the transformation though it does wear of IIRC.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Has Firestorm any tp resistance feats? For that matter can he resist Sersi's molecular manipulation? If he is altered then it would be game over as he can't affect organics so would be unable to undo the transformation though it does wear of IIRC.
    I don't think he's organic matter in Firestorm form. Seems closer to Captain Atom-- a bundle of nuclear energy wrapped in a candy wrapper with a tendency to explode.

I don't think he's got TP resistance, though he does have two minds in there which could trip up a weak enough telepath.

There are also some versions of Firestorm that can phase and transmute organic matter.

Has anyone ever forced Firestorm to separate? Would this be within Sersi's capabilities? Basic knowledge that there's two people in there, fused, right?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sersi can definitely transmute organics - she can even transmute Eternals, having turned Ikaris into a pig once.

Doing things like splitting most versions of him would probably be in her wheelhouse, and she's certainly capable of mind-whammy. She's just got a bit more in her arsenal than he does. If she can't override his own molecular control in a transmutation, she can just mind-whammy him into separating, and then turn the two soft squishy humans into teacups.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan