Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Edited info on page 3.
    Sentry will be popping up in upcoming comics for 2020.

Blue marvel is in the upcoming one shot event in Incoming #1 this December with night thrasher and jimmy woo.

5 Pages From Marvel’s Next Event Comic, Incoming!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...omic-incoming/

Marvel Reveals New Details About Mysterious Incoming Event
    The issue promises to set the stage for the Marvel Universe in 2020, and features the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider, and other Marvel characters. It sounds like an issue that Marvel diehards won’t want to miss.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09...-men-avengers/

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...marvel-mystery
    Last edited by mace11; 11-27-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Did I miss something? I don't see anything that indicates Sentry will continue to pop up, aside from the current Scourge story.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I mostly disagree with this view and i am tired of this type of talk.
    You could see this type of talk for any character to tell you the truth i realized the longer i stayed on this forum and others.
    That's one of the reasons i stay out of the appreciation threads as much as possible.

Blue marvel knock out ultimate hulk with one punch by the way.
    Even savage hulk could not do that when they fought.

He knock back the maestro with one punch when he was with the ultimates.
    Of course it was not in the ultimate book or mighty avengers but it was the same writer for new contest of champions book.

In mighty avengers he had a a major strength and attack feat flying into Shuma-Gorath in issue 3 that you ignored again.

Now the parts you may have point on is thanos to a point.
    Now if he fought thanos in a fair fight most likely he would lose.

Could he last long enough until others come in and help? of course but thanos is darkseid level type being and normal blue marvel is high herald type or maybe low transcendent.

Could he win some?
    Yes under the right circumstances just like silver surfer vs thanos or superman vs darkseid.
    By the way you have ignore other things he did that carol and the otherS could not do as well in ultimates and the other books.

In the mighty avengers the characters that had most action were those less powerful types,blade,luke and white tiger,falcon etc..

Not even she hulk and monica had that much action compared to these others and the books never promise blue marvel would have a bunch of action pack power display.

The other OP types did NOT have bunch as well but what he had was more major character development like he had in ultimates and that i think was the idea for him that some folks do not get.
    I read every Mighty Avengers and Ultimates with Blue Marvel, I felt they purposely avoided any huge displays of power. He was the "Thor" of the team but ended up being more "Reed Richards" but wasn't even all in on that.
    I didn't see any great character development at all, he was just the "wise older guy" character, no arc, no heroeos journey. I stand by what I said.
    You'll just have to be tired. Hey, I'm tired of getting up at 5am. No one cares.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Definitive Origin Of Marvel's Adam Brashear ( Blue Marvel )

The sentry

This is not true by the way.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Owen_Reece_(Earth-616)
    All these other appearances by Blue Marvel I "ignored" because I wasn't talking about those runs? I was clear, Mighty Avengers and Ultimates.
    Not Superman vs Hulk and other Blue Marvel runs?

As to Molecule Man, you produced a quote that says he was crazy powerful back in the Beyonder days and he currently now is crazy powerful but your theory is that in between when he fought Sentry he somehow was less powerful?
    That makes no sense and has no support except for the quote saying "he has not demonstrated".....?

Uh, so? I don't care what he has demonstrated any more than I care how tired you are of certain talk. Unless there is some definitive reason why he would be so de-powered, him "not demonstrating" his powers is not any reason at all to just guess that he was way less powerful while living in the Midwest USA. No events happened that robbed him of power. Having to explain something so mundane is robbing me of power.
    If he had the power then and he has it now can you fathom that he had it in the middle as well?

Molecule Man actually stated in Dark Avengers that he was just tired of run-ins with people and was trying to lay low and not cause any problems. Whoever came up with that quote about "not demonstrating" must have missed that.
    He was doing this on purpose. His power levels did not change.

Sentry can manipulate matter better than Molecule Man. But he doesn't use the power, he doesn't follow up on using the power or exploring what he can do with it. If he did he would probably also "feel" the cosmic entities or whatever that was.

So this Sentry in the new series IS the 616 Sentry.
    Reed Richards sent Red Sentry to the negative zone to try and rid him of Void. Which is weird because Void is way stronger in the NG acording to the Sentry mini-series.

So maybe Void took over Sentry in the NZ and that's why he's leading the Cancerverse characters.
    Also for them to worship him rather than try to kill him shows he's really powerful. I'm curious to see the story unfold.
    Congrats Marvel for using one of your best characters again!
    Last edited by joelr; 12-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.

What a waste of Lemire's status quo. It is exactly as I feared so far. I'll wait and see how it winds up and try to keep an open mind but this... this seems like a really good way to squander the good will Lemire created with the character and reinforce the 'hE'S NoThinG bUt A PlOT DEvICE' argument that has been trotted out a bunch of times.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-04-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

So, the story continues in some one shots....and yeah, plot device is what the Sentry/Void is...
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Wonder if the 'darkness' inside silver surfer that's knull or whatever is also going to be absorbed/ combined with the void. Then it would mean Bob perhaps permanently(however long that is in comics) losing both his powers and the void with the void gaining a new passenger in the form of knull. He would be turned a villain and perhaps attain actual cosmic status. It seems no one is sure what to do with the Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Wonder if the 'darkness' inside silver surfer that's knull or whatever is also going to be absorbed/ combined with the void. Then it would mean Bob perhaps permanently(however long that is in comics) losing both his powers and the void with the void gaining a new passenger in the form of knull. He would be turned a villain and perhaps attain actual cosmic status. It seems no one is sure what to do with the Sentry.
    I doubt that anything so major as that to do with Knull will happen outside of Cates' hands.

As for Sentry, they're going /somewhere/ with this. It's just disappointing that Lemire's excellent mini was thrown under the bus so quickly to play this scenario out, but I'm sure we'll get a new status quo for him and it may even be interesting.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-12-2019 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I doubt that anything so major as that to do with Knull will happen outside of Cates' hands.

As for Sentry, they're going /somewhere/ with this. It's just disappointing that Lemire's excellent mini was thrown under the bus so quickly to play this scenario out, but I'm sure we'll get a new status quo for him and it may even be interesting.
    Yep after the Lemire series it 'actually' looked like they had decided to leave the days of divided/conflicted Bob behind and usher in a sentry that is a potential sky father like personage after getting integrated into a single entity. Even the appearance in AOW pointed towards this with him manipulating reality without conscious effort which looked like the efforts of a burgeoning cosmic entity trying to understand itself but then we are back to "RAAH! I amma going to rip you apart" sentry which is a disappointing development. It's just like what happened to life bringer Galactus who was restored to status quo in what seemed a mandatory fashion that didn't make much sense. As for Knull, Cates has already hinted he isn't going to appear ant time soon so a sliver of his being jumping from the surfer to the void is not as much of a major development as you make it out to be( after all Cyclops has carried a piece of the void inside him without any major repercussions) and might be a way for Rosenberg to revert SS to status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    He's certainly not and I beg a thousand pardons for bringing him up. Mentioning him can be like opening Pandora's Box sometimes. We'll have to make the most of Blue Marvel's appearances in the Dr. Doom series, which, coincidentally, we can thank Reed Richards for arranging.

As for the characters that are here, it looks like the FF, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer and Nova all get Annihilation: Scourge one-shots. Anyone know why Sentry doesn't get a one-shot, too? Hope that doesn't forebode tragic events to come.
    Sentry coming out on the wrong end of a tragic story is okay (I'm a fan of Sentry by the way) since he's the sort of character who can easily die and come right back. So if you're going to give a character a tragic event, it's him.

That said, would be nice if something non-tragic happened to that guy for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sentry coming out on the wrong end of a tragic story is okay (I'm a fan of Sentry by the way) since he's the sort of character who can easily die and come right back. So if you're going to give a character a tragic event, it's him.

That said, would be nice if something non-tragic happened to that guy for a change.
    I'm hoping this isn't another suicidal end for him. Against all hope. Because, as someone who suffers from mental illness, I'm really tired of it. It misses why the end of his original mini was so strong.

Just wanted to chime in with thoughts on the stories. So far, I've been surprised (in a good way) with the one-shots. They delve into the recent events of these characters (Johnny Storm's leadership in the Negative Zone, the Silver Surfer's recent issues with Knull) and weaves them into the larger story. The action has been great as well. Beta Ray Bill, the Fantastic Four, Nova, Silver Surfer, all have had moments to shine.

Silver Surfer's issue struck me the most. I originally thought it was just going to be him being a passive observer of events due to the fact that he's intangible and could possess people's bodies. But he still has offensive capabilities as could be seen with his fight with Cancerverse Captain Marvel and Ronan. Yet, is that what he is? Just an engine of destruction? Very deep.

As for the Sentry, I'm digging it. Each one-shot, though not necessary to read, has given a clue as to what happened with the Sentry. Now, will this end in tragedy for him? I hope not too. All the pieces seem to be coming together for the last one-shot.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Tsk, tsk. When will they learn? You can't just go splitting yin from yang without far more disastrous consequences being the end result. And Reed Richards of all people should know better. But can someone please tell me why Bob doesn't have any powers when the Void leaves him? You'd think he'd at least have a fraction of his powers. Something doesn't seem quite right about that. Either the imbalance and lack of control between Bob and Void runs much deeper than we've been told, or the physics of the Negative Zone mucks with Bob like a red sun mucks with Superman.

Asides and afterthoughts: If it's true that the Negative Zone increases the Void's powers exponentially, I now see why adding Blue Marvel to the cast of Annihilation: Scourge would have been rather pointless.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm hoping this isn't another suicidal end for him. Against all hope. Because, as someone who suffers from mental illness, I'm really tired of it. It misses why the end of his original mini was so strong.
    Doubtful that Bob commits suicide. Killing himself won't end the threat of the Void, which apparently has amassed enough power that it can exist independently of Bob in both the antimatter and positive matter universes. I think we'll get a predictable ending where he'll force the Void to merge back with him, probably with some help from Reed or the Silver Surfer.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    But can someone please tell me why Bob doesn't have any powers when the Void leaves him? You'd think he'd at least have a fraction of his powers. Something doesn't seem quite right about that. Either the imbalance and lack of control between Bob and Void runs much deeper than we've been told, or the physics of the Negative Zone mucks with Bob like a red sun mucks with Superman.

Asides and afterthoughts: If it's true that the Negative Zone increases the Void's powers exponentially, I now see why adding Blue Marvel to the cast of Annihilation: Scourge would have been rather pointless.
    The Negative Zone actually wasn't previously shown to simply power up the Void or instantly depower the Sentry just from being there. But because of the dual nature of the Sentry and the Negative Zone (light based character with a dark side walking from a positive universe to a negative one), the Zone allowed the Void to become the free, dominant personality while the Sentry became mentally assaulted by ambient energies until he couldn't even take a step if he stayed there for long.

However in Scourge it's suggested Sentry intentionally absorbed so much Negative Zone energy the Void not only fully unmerged out of his body but could have taken Sentry's power with him since he appeared with that form against heroes and Reynolds was left in a rock in human form and totally helpless, and Surfer merging with him suggests he mostly needs his experience in order to deal with the Void.

But I wonder if Bob was actually completely depowered since the Cancerverse hordes still didn't want to get anywhere near him, his paralysis could be explained by that mental effect the Zone always had on him, and when Surfer took over his mental and body functions he actually transformed into a long haired Sentry form. Hopefully the final issue will shed some... light.