Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Shazam family vs. Steppenwolf (live action versions)

Instead of having to deal with the Justice League, Steppenwolf is faced with Billy Batson and his new foster siblings in their superhero forms.

The fight takes place forttress thingy of climax for the Justice League movie. The Shazam crew don't have to worry about parademons or the mother boxes. They just have to defeat Steppenwolf.

Can they do it?

They have the speed to avoid him indefinitely but I question if they can do any damage. Still, if they can do the slightest damage, they will eventually wear him down as I don't see him ever hitting them.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    They have the speed to avoid him indefinitely but I question if they can do any damage. Still, if they can do the slightest damage, they will eventually wear him down as I don't see him ever hitting them.
    Agreed.

I also think they CAN hurt him. Not badly, but bad enough that this ends in less then a minute. He's the superior specimen in strength and toughness but it only (briefly) prolongs his beat down.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Sharkman too slow for the Shazackson Five.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Pretty sure they didn't all have super speed.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Pretty sure they didn't all have super speed.
    They all have identical power sets - just each had an affinity to a specific power that they were more inherently comfortable with.

Like, only one of them was like "I can fly!" but then the final scene is all of them flying. Or how only one of them is like "Check out these guns!" but then we see Mary overpowering a Sin in a grapple.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They all have identical power sets - just each had an affinity to a specific power that they were more inherently comfortable with.

Like, only one of them was like "I can fly!" but then the final scene is all of them flying. Or how only one of them is like "Check out these guns!" but then we see Mary overpowering a Sin in a grapple.
    If that's the case, it should be easy to post eaxh one demonstrating that superpseed.

Wolfe isn't really that slow anyway. Ignoring his jobbing, he did react to missiles and I believe a grenade round. Guy also consistently battled WW who is herself a good bullet timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    If that's the case, it should be easy to post eaxh one demonstrating that superpseed.

Wolfe isn't really that slow anyway. Ignoring his jobbing, he did react to missiles and I believe a grenade round. Guy also consistently battled WW who is herself a good bullet timer.
    Do you think Kryptonians don't have super strength if they never show it? It's an inherent package deal in much the same way.

Keep in mind that the extended Shazam family had only had their powers for brief moments so it totally makes sense that they would have inherently better showings with the ability they are most comfortable with as opposed to the total deal that Billy had to discover.

If we take Billy from the first few minutes of him discovering his powers, it would look like he only had one or two as well despite that clearly not being the case.

Again, even in the brief minutes we see each of them discovering their powers, we actually DO have examples of several of them working outside their comfort zones and displaying multiple powers.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I side with Arby here - the fam clearly have more than one power each. Hell, they all adapt MUCH faster than Billy does to the powers. It took him ages to figure this stuff out.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I side with Arby here - the fam clearly have more than one power each. Hell, they all adapt MUCH faster than Billy does to the powers. It took him ages to figure this stuff out.
    I would side with Arbiter here too. They clearly have the same powers.

The problem with saying Steppenwolf is as fast as Wonder Woman is two problems. First, she isn't using her speed during their fight. Secondly, they are portrayed as faster than she is. I'm not saying they are portrayed as Superman or Flash speed but definitely a speed that Steppenwolf is never shown operating at.

They, on the other hand, are given the exact same powers as "Captain Marvel" has and more than one of them is shown using that speed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Being fair, they did know what powers Billy got, so they had a leg up on him.

If this was one on one, I could see Steppenwolf lasting until Billy made a mistake and slowed down, but the five-on-one means that they cover each other too well. The one that I'd be most worried about slipping up, Darla, is also the best speedster, so...

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Do you think Kryptonians don't have super strength if they never show it? It's an inherent package deal in much the same way.

Keep in mind that the extended Shazam family had only had their powers for brief moments so it totally makes sense that they would have inherently better showings with the ability they are most comfortable with as opposed to the total deal that Billy had to discover.

If we take Billy from the first few minutes of him discovering his powers, it would look like he only had one or two as well despite that clearly not being the case.

Again, even in the brief minutes we see each of them discovering their powers, we actually DO have examples of several of them working outside their comfort zones and displaying multiple powers.
    To further support this, pretty sure they all showed a comfortability with the power that best aligned with their personality/traits. Darla was the fastest. Gamer kid got lightning powers. The 'bigger' kid got super strength, etc.

All ended up showing off each others powers to a lesser/not as comfortable in the end as well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I thought that the powers were split or something with just Mary and Billy having the full power idk I saw the movie one time.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought that the powers were split or something with just Mary and Billy having the full power idk I saw the movie one time.
    In the comics, at least the "Power of Shazam" version, that was true. But it's not always true in the comics and definitely not in the movie. If they were split, Savana would have slaughtered them. The whole idea seemed to be that you suddenly had several of them with the same powers.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In the comics, at least the "Power of Shazam" version, that was true. But it's not always true in the comics and definitely not in the movie. If they were split, Savana would have slaughtered them. The whole idea seemed to be that you suddenly had several of them with the same powers.
    The classic Marvel Family win for certain. The movie ream probably win too, but it will take longer.