Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Amazing Spider-Man 3

"The Amazing Spider-Man 3" has been trending on twitter. People want Andrew Garfeild to be the Spider-Man of the Sony-verse and to face off against Tom Hardy's venom.

This is my dream and it would be SO AWESOME! I can so see Andrew's Peter fighting Morbius and Venom over Tom's as a more dark/gritty version. Plus, it would open the door for a comic accurate Mary Jane Watson to return on screen and be introduced with "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" - (a crime after 8 films this has not been done yet)

I think Sam Raimi's Spiderman 4 is more likely.

Extraordinary Member

Yes Please, andrew's acted his heart out and deserves a third one

As a massive Raimi fan as much I want SM4 I think a role in secret wars/MoM is more likely and suitable

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    What are they going to do with all these Sonyverse villain movies? They've got to have Spider-Man in them eventually and it looks like Holland is staying the MCU unvierse .... sooo, I say bring back Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    What are they going to do with all these Sonyverse villain movies? They've got to have Spider-Man in them eventually and it looks like Holland is staying the MCU unvierse .... sooo, I say bring back Andrew!
    They could use Macguire. I love Garfield too but he has less incentive to come back. Sony burned their bridge and his career took off while Macguire hasn't. Plus Raimi has ties with Marvel because of Dr.Strange 2 so its more likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think there needs to be a Spider-Man 4 ngl. It wouldn't even really work today imo. That story is over. Say what you will about Spider-Man 3, but it felt final. Him and MJ are together (if they have MJ be a bitch again I will hunt Avi Arad down), you killed Harry meaning you can't do anymore Osborn/Goblin stories, and everyone is older now anyways. I don't think you can really continue that universe. Not unless you go the Spider-Girl route or something, which, in that case, **** yes please. But I kinda doubt it. I feel like Andrew should get a third movie instead.

Yes, that would be amazing! Andrew's not that old and his Peter is different from MCU's Peter so it could work. And he just deserves it, after he was robbed of everything after TASM2. This could give us potential crossovers in the future to have him play with Tom's Peter or even have villains to create a team, I dunno, Multiversal Sinister Six, 'cos Sony seems to be pushing for SS either way.

spoilers:
    In NWH he was great. He seemed to be happy about representing Spider-Man again. Great acting. Tobey on the other hand felt different. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see him but he felt... Bored. Or tired. I didn't feel from him that same energy that I felt from Andrew. Someone said he was there just for the paycheck and it seems true to me.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" has been trending on twitter. People want Andrew Garfeild to be the Spider-Man of the Sony-verse and to face off against Tom Hardy's venom.

This is my dream and it would be SO AWESOME! I can so see Andrew's Peter fighting Morbius and Venom over Tom's as a more dark/gritty version. Plus, it would open the door for a comic accurate Mary Jane Watson to return on screen and be introduced with "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" - (a crime after 8 films this has not been done yet)
    I don't see them going with a second Spider-Man franchise parallel with the Holland one, but I'd love to see Andrew again in some capacity.

Makes me wonder...are the TASM films in the same continuity as Venom and Morbius? After all, weren't those films originally supposed to be spin-offs from TASM? Not sure if there's anything in the Venom films at least that contradicts this...

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I don't think there needs to be a Spider-Man 4 ngl. It wouldn't even really work today imo. That story is over. Say what you will about Spider-Man 3, but it felt final. Him and MJ are together (if they have MJ be a bitch again I will hunt Avi Arad down), you killed Harry meaning you can't do anymore Osborn/Goblin stories, and everyone is older now anyways. I don't think you can really continue that universe. Not unless you go the Spider-Girl route or something, which, in that case, **** yes please. But I kinda doubt it. I feel like Andrew should get a third movie instead.
    Agreed. That said, if we ever get Spider-Girl, I'd love for her to be the daughter of this version of Peter and MJ, since IMO, they're the definitive adaptation of the Peter-MJ relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    spoilers:
    In NWH he was great. He seemed to be happy about representing Spider-Man again. Great acting. Tobey on the other hand felt different. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see him but he felt... Bored. Or tired. I didn't feel from him that same energy that I felt from Andrew. Someone said he was there just for the paycheck and it seems true to me.
    end of spoilers
    While I agree that's kinda the point, he's the one who made it so far.And he's old and tired.He's been at this for decades, Andrew in universe is still a kid by statements.Tobey is a grown man.I agree it seems like he's way less enthusiastic but that's part of the character IMO

Incredible Member

I'm rather annoyed we didn't get like a little epilogue from both Peters in their respected universe. It could have been so simple:

1) Garf's Spidey is going about his day when he bumps into his universe's MJ (respectively "reprised" by Shailene Woodley)

2) Maguire's Spidey returns to "humble abode" to see MJ (respectively reprised by Kristin Dunst), and just before they hug.... lil daughter "May Parker" jumps up onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    While I agree that's kinda the point, he's the one who made it so far.And he's old and tired.He's been at this for decades, Andrew in universe is still a kid by statements.Tobey is a grown man.I agree it seems like he's way less enthusiastic but that's part of the character IMO
    Yeah, I know it fits perfectly but it still concerns me a little. Well, whatever I guess, it was fun to see Tobey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I'm rather annoyed we didn't get like a little epilogue from both Peters in their respected universe. It could have been so simple:

1) Garf's Spidey is going about his day when he bumps into his universe's MJ (respectively "reprised" by Shailene Woodley)

2) Maguire's Spidey returns to "humble abode" to see MJ (respectively reprised by Kristin Dunst), and just before they hug.... lil daughter "May Parker" jumps up onto him.
    Yes, would be great. But this would give us fans a hope for TASM3 and SM4 movies and I think Marvel and Sony probably wanted to avoid that. Not that it worked, because twitter is full of TASM3 posts. People want Garfield, Woodley, Jones and Hardy. I even saw posts about Zylka.

No Way Home definitely allows for follow-ups with the earlier Spider-Men, especially if Tom Holland wants to take some time off.

A major issue with Amazing Spider-Man 2 was that they wrote themselves into a corner. Peter didn't have much of a supporting cast, aside from Aunt May. But there is a potential story in having this version of Peter Parker trying to get back to a normal life.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    No Way Home definitely allows for follow-ups with the earlier Spider-Men, especially if Tom Holland wants to take some time off.

A major issue with Amazing Spider-Man 2 was that they wrote themselves into a corner. Peter didn't have much of a supporting cast, aside from Aunt May. But there is a potential story in having this version of Peter Parker trying to get back to a normal life.
    He could meet his version of Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I don't see them going with a second Spider-Man franchise parallel with the Holland one, but I'd love to see Andrew again in some capacity.
    There already is a second one running parallel. The Spider-Verse films.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There already is a second one running parallel. The Spider-Verse films.
    But that's animated with a different cast, production team and schedule so it's easier to seperate.

I'm reluctant to have ASM3 because I don't care enough about Peter to see 4 or 5 different versions running around at the same time.

I rather have other Spiders like 2099, Noir, Ben and Kaine, Charles Parker, Miles, Silk, Anya and other characters like the Slingers get their shot.

But if ASM3 does happen, I'd still check it out.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2021 at 10:07 AM.