Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The same way mcu vulture showing up works.

Then again this could be like aos or like a "ultimate universe" mcu.

Marvel needs to let us know. It's getting confusing.

Edit--People have pointed out vulture is wearing the same outfit he was wearing in jail at the end of homecoming. Looks like vulture broke out of prison! Did the scorpion break out also?
    It's not that complicated; Sony wants their movie to be at least seen as part of the MCU. However, only Marvel Studios can make that a reality and so far, they have not.

In summary, Morbius is not part of the MCU, and therefore not in continuity with either Spider-Man: Homecoming or Far From Home. However, similar events, like Spidey being declared a murderer, may have happened in both series, even if the circumstances had to be different in the Sony one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's not that complicated; Sony wants their movie to be at least seen as part of the MCU. However, only Marvel Studios can make that a reality and so far, they have not.

In summary, Morbius is not part of the MCU, and therefore not in continuity with either Spider-Man: Homecoming or Far From Home. However, similar events, like Spidey being declared a murderer, may have happened in both series, even if the circumstances had to be different in the Sony one.
    There could be some deal that the Sony films can reference the MCU films, but that the MCU films won't reference the Sony ones (except for appearances by Spidey.) It's similar to how Agents of SHIELD is handled.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Edit--People have pointed out vulture is wearing the same outfit he was wearing in jail at the end of homecoming. Looks like vulture broke out of prison! Did the scorpion break out also?
    I was wondering if he was there for some kind of community service. He's standing near police sirens, so if he broke out, you'd think he wouldn't be standing around where a bunch of police are likely to be.

The idea of a Sinister Six with Morbius involved is intriguing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There could be some deal that the Sony films can reference the MCU films, but that the MCU films won't reference the Sony ones (except for appearances by Spidey.) It's similar to how Agents of SHIELD is handled.
    That still wouldn't mean that the Sony stuff is canon to the MCU by default.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That still wouldn't mean that the Sony stuff is canon to the MCU by default.
    It would be a type of canon. And it would be stuff that could be referenced in the Spider-Man movies which are in turn referenced in the Marvel films.

This assumes that there are no other crossovers. There's gotta be like a five percent chance of Deadpool VS Venom at some point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would be a type of canon. And it would be stuff that could be referenced in the Spider-Man movies which are in turn referenced in the Marvel films.

This assumes that there are no other crossovers. There's gotta be like a five percent chance of Deadpool VS Venom at some point.
    We'll have to see how it plays out. If Marvel Studios ignores the Sony movies, then I think it's safe to say that they're not canon, even if Sony writes their stuff as if it was.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Given how FFH ended, I have a strong feeling they may do the Spider-Slayers in the third one. If not them, possibly the Scorpion. Kraven could also be another possibility.
    Spider Slayers would be the easiest to do. Mysterio's drones could easily be re outfitted as death machines.

If the movie is about Kraven hunting Spider-Man through the multiverse with an army of Spider Slayers with Pete and his friends trapped in various universe's and meeting other Spider-Men with the finale being Kraven leading the Sinister Six made up of various movie Spider-Man villains, I might actually be excited for this movie.

It would be cool if Sony had its own universe with its own Spidey and then Marvel decides to make adaptation of last secret Wars.

I can totally see the incursion occuring with the Sony-Earth

They had two but then introduced a third one so they can do these joint production movies.

I'm not opposed to them creating their own little world of spider related characters but their choices are just bizarre. The exception being Venom and Morbeius.

Will he be able to finish highschool at this rate?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Will he be able to finish highschool at this rate?
    Good question .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Are we getting DD in No way home or not? MCU Spidey is so frustrating. I love Holland in the role. Even the supporting cast. Some are hilarious. The FFH was so bad. I missed it the first time and even liked Gyllenhaal s Mysterio but the recent second viewing... That movie was a hell of a Frankenstein movie. A totally uneven overstuffed train wreck

If the solo movies continue, then they should film concurrently. it could be seven years if filmed traditionally, and by then Holland will be pushing the envelope for someone of traditional college-age.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Are we getting DD in No way home or not? MCU Spidey is so frustrating. I love Holland in the role. Even the supporting cast. Some are hilarious. The FFH was so bad. I missed it the first time and even liked Gyllenhaal s Mysterio but the recent second viewing... That movie was a hell of a Frankenstein movie. A totally uneven overstuffed train wreck
    I'm not holding my breath for a Matt Murdock appearance in NWH. Feels like a fan wish fulfillment thing. I would love it if he did appear though. At this point, I will just wait till I see the movie myself to know that he is in it.