Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rumor: MCU Spider-Man 4 planned, will have Peter in college for a new trilogy

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-trilogy.html/

SCOOP – 11/18/19: Hearing from my sources at Disney — some of the same ones who confirmed my Spidey scoops in the past — that Disney and Sony will collaborate again for Spider-Man 4 in 2023 with Peter Parker in college. Whether it’s that July 2023 release date remains to be seen but it’s highly possible. UPDATE: It’s looking like a college trilogy.

Your fly in the ointment,

Mikey Sutton
    Take it with a grain of salt, of course. Sounds interesting and something I'd like though. It makes sense that Disney and Sony will want to work out a further deal, as both sides gain from it, and Sony was perfectly content with Spidey in the MCU and only pulled out when Disney started asking too much. The massive backlash towards Spider-Man getting pulled out the first time, with Sony shouldering most of the blame, also played a part in getting the deal made again and why Sony will likely be afraid to pull out a second time.

With Fantastic Four coming to the MCU, I've wanted to see Spider-Man meet them, as Spidey has always been the FF's closest friend and honorary fifth Beatle.

And forming a friendship with the Human Torch.

Then eventually taking his place after his possible death to make up the Future Foundation!

Assuming this rumor is true, what do you think? What would you like to see out of a college Spider-Man trilogy?

As a personal preference, aside from crossover, I'd like it if they introduced Norman Osborn as a major antagonist to Spider-Man and possibly the wide MCU. I feel like Spidey should have his most iconic nemesis on the big screen and I'd like to see the MCU take and how it contrasts Raimi. I remember it was heavily rumored a while ago that they were setting up Osborn, but idk how legitimate it is overall.

Anyways, discuss.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-trilogy.html/

Take it with a grain of salt, of course. Sounds interesting and something I'd like though. It makes sense that Disney and Sony will want to work out a further deal, as both sides gain from it, and Sony was perfectly content with Spidey in the MCU and only pulled out when Disney started asking too much. The massive backlash towards Spider-Man getting pulled out the first time, with Sony shouldering most of the blame, also played a part in getting the deal made again and why Sony will likely be afraid to pull out a second time.

With Fantastic Four coming to the MCU, I've wanted to see Spider-Man meet them, as Spidey has always been the FF's closest friend and honorary fifth Beatle.

And forming a friendship with the Human Torch.

Then eventually taking his place after his possible death to make up the Future Foundation!

Assuming this rumor is true, what do you think? What would you like to see out of a college Spider-Man trilogy?

As a personal preference, aside from crossover, I'd like it if they introduced Norman Osborn as a major antagonist to Spider-Man and possibly the wide MCU. I feel like Spidey should have his most iconic nemesis on the big screen and I'd like to see the MCU take and how it contrasts Raimi. I remember it was heavily rumored a while ago that they were setting up Osborn, but idk how legitimate it is overall.

Anyways, discuss.
    Well, at the end of the College trilogy, we could see Peter proposing to MJ (although this is not Mary Jane). I think I'll need to check back some old comics to guess.

We can do all of this without college. I do not want to see college. Peter Parker should not go to college. If I see him go to college, I will be upset. I might even skip the films. Do whatever you want, but no college. That is my line. Kevin Feige, do not cross it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Sounds very unlikely. The source is weak. And it’s way too early in the day.

I do think that Feige and others would like to do a college trilogy...but it’s not on the cards right now. Or rather I would be surprised as hell if it was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We can do all of this without college. I do not want to see college. Peter Parker should not go to college. If I see him go to college, I will be upset. I might even skip the films. Do whatever you want, but no college. That is my line. Kevin Feige, do not cross it.
    And then a ESU trilogy!

Astonishing Member

Bit early for talk of a fourth entry. They still have to do the third and thats what they need to focus on. However, I could see Marvel trying to get another "deal" in place with Sony to prevent a repeat of the fiasco from a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    And then a ESU trilogy!
    ESU is college...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Bit early for talk of a fourth entry. They still have to do the third and thats what they need to focus on. However, I could see Marvel trying to get another "deal" in place with Sony to prevent a repeat of the fiasco from a few months ago.
    They plan this stuff way in advance. It's kind of needed when managing a universe like the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    They plan this stuff way in advance. It's kind of needed when managing a universe like the MCU.
    Some things are planned in advance but others not so much. Look at the list of movies announced for phase 3 and what actually got made. Thanos was planned in advance sure but Guardians 2 only exists because Guardians 1 was a big success. Thor Ragnarok or rather Taika Waititi’s take on it wasn’t planned out either.

Something like a Spider-Man college trilogy isn’t for MCU to plan, it’s Sony’s call. It’s also not really a plan just that they want to make as many movies with Tom Holland as they possibly can and he can’t pass high school forever. Holland going to college isn’t a stretch. Sony’s own plan involves stuff with Venom, ITSV and other spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Some things are planned in advance but others not so much. Look at the list of movies announced for phase 3 and what actually got made. Thanos was planned in advance sure but Guardians 2 only exists because Guardians 1 was a big success. Thor Ragnarok or rather Taika Waititi’s take on it wasn’t planned out either.

Something like a Spider-Man college trilogy isn’t for MCU to plan, it’s Sony’s call. It’s also not really a plan just that they want to make as many movies with Tom Holland as they possibly can and he can’t pass high school forever. Holland going to college isn’t a stretch. Sony’s own plan involves stuff with Venom, ITSV and other spinoffs.
    Apparently they can use Holland in the Sony movies now but it'll be a different continuity. It should be noted that Sony is perfectly content with the MCU because it helps them greatly, and they only pulled out the first time when Disney asked for too much. It's telling they worked out a new deal so fast. A common narrative is that Sony is eagerly waiting to pull out of the MCU at any chance, but I don't think that's it. They're the ones profiting the most off the Spider-Man movies, after all.

it would be smart and neat i just wonder how long tom will want to be good ole Spidey
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think part of the reason they cast someone so young for Spider-Man was so that the actor would be able to age with the role, so I would like to think that ideally they would like to do college-era Spider-Man movies.

Although wasn't he still a sophmore in Far From Home since they had to repeat a year?

I have no idea how reliable Cheat Sheet is, but this would make a lot of sense.

It makes sense to go through these movies relatively quickly, before the actors age out of the roles, especially since Spider-Man is going to be a bigger draw than some of the other franchises.

Disney is locking in the dates years in advance so some decisions have to be made early. It's also useful for the writers to have a sense of what the payoff will be when they're setting up plot threads, and can be useful for casting as well as the other franchises (If Sony's doing a Spider-Man VS Venom film in the future, this allows them to coordinate the Venom sequels to set that up right.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of the reason they cast someone so young for Spider-Man was so that the actor would be able to age with the role, so I would like to think that ideally they would like to do college-era Spider-Man movies.

Although wasn't he still a sophmore in Far From Home since they had to repeat a year?
    Don't remember but if they did its still would've been 2 years since the reveal of his identity from far from home unless the Spiderman 3 takes place right after spiderman 2 postcredit
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As far as rumors & plot speculation goes, I figure Peter going to college in SM4 is about as safe a bet as you can get.