Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not holding my breath for a Matt Murdock appearance in NWH. Feels like a fan wish fulfillment thing. I would love it if he did appear though. At this point, I will just wait till I see the movie myself to know that he is in it.
    Same.
    I also don't mind if it's Spider-verse or not.
    If it is, cool.
    If it's not a grounded mature Spidey on the run seems awesome af.

They kinda confirmed this is in the works. Producer Amy Pascal is on board.

https://people.com/movies/tom-hollan...irms-producer/

The box office and critical acclaim of No Way Home makes more movies an inevitability, as long as Tom Holland is willing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They kinda confirmed this is in the works. Producer Amy Pascal is on board.

https://people.com/movies/tom-hollan...irms-producer/

The box office and critical acclaim of No Way Home makes more movies an inevitability, as long as Tom Holland is willing.
    And Tom is already playing hardball...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We can do all of this without college. I do not want to see college. Peter Parker should not go to college. If I see him go to college, I will be upset. I might even skip the films. Do whatever you want, but no college. That is my line. Kevin Feige, do not cross it.
    Question, how many times has Peter in colleague been used as opposed to Peter in High School in all forms of Media that have used Spider-Man in one form or another?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Question, how many times has Peter in colleague been used as opposed to Peter in High School in all forms of Media that have used Spider-Man in one form or another?
    The 90s Fox series had Peter in college, as did the original 1967 cartoon, and the '80s cartoon, as well as its spinoff Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends.
    According to Wikipedia, he was a college student in the first episode of the live-action '70s show.
    The Raimi films had him in college by the first movie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

If this happens, I hope they use it to introduce Felicia finally.

Astonishing Member

With Venom's piece left in the MCU, this surely will bring us Black Suit's Spider-Man. And with MJ lost, introducing Felicia as the Black Cat would be quite fitting. I mean, one Spidey has MJ (the real Mary Jane), another Spidey had Gwen (and he could still have if his reality has been altered), so it would be fitting for the third Spidey to have Felicia Hardy/Black Cat. Besides, this could be the reason Sony cancelled its project around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see who they cast. They need someone who can be a love interest for Tom Holland when he's playing a college kid, who can carry her own movies, who is really attractive, and who isn't already in an MCU film. For example, Florence Pugh and Hailee Steinfeld are out.

There is some talk about Anya Taylor-Joy and that makes sense.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It'll be interesting to see who they cast. They need someone who can be a love interest for Tom Holland when he's playing a college kid, who can carry her own movies, who is really attractive, and who isn't already in an MCU film. For example, Florence Pugh and Hailee Steinfeld are out.

There is some talk about Anya Taylor-Joy and that makes sense.
    And also someone more...sexually forward than you'd expect in a DisMarvel film, if they're adapting her personality correctly.

I honestly think the idea of MCU Black Cat is not going to be what people hope it is. Black Cat as a character relies on two things the MCU has traditionally not be particularly good at representing. Romance and sexuality. Felicia is a character who has weaponized her sexuality, and that is gonna be a problem for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I honestly think the idea of MCU Black Cat is not going to be what people hope it is. Black Cat as a character relies on two things the MCU has traditionally not be particularly good at representing. Romance and sexuality. Felicia is a character who has weaponized her sexuality, and that is gonna be a problem for the MCU.
    I don't disagree with that. I mean, I already saw how much they toned down Sersi in Eternals.

But I figure they might at least try if only because she's the one big love interest and female character they haven't done yet on-film.

Although it seems like they might be doing She-Hulk justice so maybe they're learning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They've also been criticized for the few times they did that.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...dow-iron-man-2

It is worth noting this is a Sony film, so they've got a bit more leeway.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

They've also been criticized for the few times they did that.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...dow-iron-man-2

It is worth noting this is a Sony film, so they've got a bit more leeway.
    There are ways that are empowering for women and ways that are there just for the Male Gaze, but it's a fine line to walk.

I don't think anyone would really want them to downplay Black Cat though.

Ultimate Member

I think there’s a way to do it without being gratuitous.

As for who could play her, I kept hearing Anya Taylor-Joy get thrown around and yeah she would not be a bad choice.

I think there’s a way to do it without being gratuitous.

As for who could play her, I kept hearing Anya Taylor-Joy get thrown around and yeah she would not be a bad choice.
    And she's the same age as Tom Holland.