Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If the rumor is true, I'd be all for it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Spider-Man is a different character than other MCU mainstays in that he’s not tied to a single actor. With iron man, you won’t get RDJ again same with Chris Evans and Samuel L Jackson.

Whereas Spider-Man is established in the pop culture as bigger than any single actor. ITSV mainstreamed the idea that Tom Holland is just “a Peter Parker” and not “the Peter Parker”. Whereas that’s not the case with RDJ. In that respect Spider-Man has become like Bond or Batman which isn’t tied to a single actor in terms of successful takes on a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man is a different character than other MCU mainstays in that he’s not tied to a single actor. With iron man, you won’t get RDJ again same with Chris Evans and Samuel L Jackson.

Whereas Spider-Man is established in the pop culture as bigger than any single actor. ITSV mainstreamed the idea that Tom Holland is just “a Peter Parker” and not “the Peter Parker”. Whereas that’s not the case with RDJ. In that respect Spider-Man has become like Bond or Batman which isn’t tied to a single actor in terms of successful takes on a character.

I agree but I can totally believe not in my timeline that there could be actors who protray Iron man that can rival or even surpass Rdj. But yeah spiderman is like Batman so many can play the role and it will forever be debated who is the best
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Don't remember but if they did its still would've been 2 years since the reveal of his identity from far from home unless the Spiderman 3 takes place right after spiderman 2 postcredit
    That's going to be an interesting question. Are they going to retcon that in some way, or feature multiple films with a Peter Parker whose identity is not a secret?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's going to be an interesting question. Are they going to retcon that in some way, or feature multiple films with a Peter Parker whose identity is not a secret?
    Maybe a bit of both? On one hand, I fully expect Peter to be “officially” cleared of any alleged involvement with Spider-man by the end of SM3 yet at the same time putting it into the universe that Peter might be Spider-man isn’t something that can ever truly be undone unless they go the Men in Black route. So I can see Peter dealing with the suspicion that he actually is Spider-man despite what TPTB claim being some sort of subplot throughout the next trilogy to some extent.

BANNED

My guess is if and when they do college Peter they will have him go back to a more traditional Spider-Man. That is to say none of the Iron Msn stuff and so I . There’s not much purpose to tie Spider-Man to Tony Stark now that the character is dead. And Spider-Man needs to be his own character going forward so eventually it will go to a setup more like the Raimi films and so on.

I think the identity reveal in Homecoming 3 and Jonah coming back is all set to pave the way forward for that.

But it depends on what Sony wants. I can see SM-3 ending with Holland Peter entering a portal and then Tom Holland gets an animated render and talks to Spiders and ITSV-2 will have a subplot with him that ends with him somehow waking up years later in college with say Aunt May living in a cottage at Queens. She has gray hairs and Holland Peter looks older with longer light brown hair to make him look more like Romita Peter. His identity is a secret and everything and he’s going to ESU on scholarship. So reality has lightly reshuffled around him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I agree but I can totally believe not in my timeline that there could be actors who protray Iron man that can rival or even surpass Rdj. But yeah spiderman is like Batman so many can play the role and it will forever be debated who is the best
    The thing about RDJ is that’s the first version of the character that really sold and became mainstream. Not only movies but also comics and games and cartoons. So it’s really hard to impossible to match that. Any other actor coming in will have to imitate RDJ.

The thing about RDJ is that’s the first version of the character that really sold and became mainstream. Not only movies but also comics and games and cartoons. So it’s really hard to impossible to match that. Any other actor coming in will have to imitate RDJ.
    As long as we get more Eric Loomis' and less Mick Wingert's...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as we get more Eric Loomis' and less Mick Wingert's...
    Voice actors to some cult cartoon version I presume? To be honest, I think Iron Man will be a very dated character as time passes. RDJ’s take was inspired by Elon Musk who has established himself as a blown more like Sam Rockwell’s Hammer as the presentation with his overgrown paperweight revealed. Whoever comes next will find it harder to do a contemporary take on a billionaire inventor.

Thing is, Iron Man can be updated as time passes rather easily. In fact, his power armor basis makes a lot more sense in the technological age than the comparatively primitive '60s era he debuted in. His character now takes full advantage of the modern sci-fi genre and the era we're in now, as opposed to before where his armor was made of scrap parts and had no computers. Looking past the armor, there's the fact that Tony went from being about Cold War stuff to focusing on the industrial billionaire aspect and getting new villains to reflect them.

Honestly, I think Iron Man is a character with the potential to be so much cooler outside RDJ, if that potential was realized. He's a billionaire, that leans heavily into science fiction and corporate drama. You could make an assortment of rogues that all fit him and reflect different parts of both Tony Stark and Iron Man (his rogues in general with a few exceptions are rather lame), and you can dazzle audiences with all sorts of technological wonders. Surely, there's a lot that can be done with that premise?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe a bit of both? On one hand, I fully expect Peter to be “officially” cleared of any alleged involvement with Spider-man by the end of SM3 yet at the same time putting it into the universe that Peter might be Spider-man isn’t something that can ever truly be undone unless they go the Men in Black route. So I can see Peter dealing with the suspicion that he actually is Spider-man despite what TPTB claim being some sort of subplot throughout the next trilogy to some extent.
    That could be an interesting dynamic.

An advantage with films is that you don't need to tell that many stories.

With one more high school film and a college trilogy, you could have one film where Peter is cleared of being Spider-Man, and one film where the secret identity isn't that important (if he's taken off-world or something.) That just leaves two movies.

Even with the secret identity exposed, there's room to explore. One film on Peter clearing his name. One film on Peter dealing with celebrity. One film where he's away from New York. That just leaves one more movie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This is great news to me. I know Marvel has had a tendency want to keep Peter in high school, but I actually think he works BEST as a college student. That way, he's an adult, but not one who is "too old." It's a firm middle ground and the best of both worlds, IMO.

Voice actors to some cult cartoon version I presume? To be honest, I think Iron Man will be a very dated character as time passes. RDJ’s take was inspired by Elon Musk who has established himself as a blown more like Sam Rockwell’s Hammer as the presentation with his overgrown paperweight revealed. Whoever comes next will find it harder to do a contemporary take on a billionaire inventor.
    They were Iron Man's VA's in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble respectively.

Both basically did RDJ voices for Iron Man, but Loomis came off more memorably because he got better material and gave a more nuanced portrayal, although Wingert grew a little in the role in my opinion.
    Even with the secret identity exposed, there's room to explore. One film on Peter clearing his name. One film on Peter dealing with celebrity. One film where he's away from New York. That just leaves one more movie.
    Whatever happened to "Wealth and fame, he's ignored" ?

BANNED

Yeah, Spider-Man dealing with "celebrity" is good for just one issue...AF#15 in fact. After that it's redundant.

I am pretty sure one-way-or-another the "status quo" will be reset by the end, i.e. Peter's identity will be under wraps again by the end of Homecoming 3. The way I figure it, the post-credits scene of Far From Home is more or less an attempt to "put the tools back in the box". By the end of Homecoming 3, Peter's identity will be totally secret so none of the Avengers and others know, not even Happy Hogan. Aunt May won't know, Ned Leeds too, maybe MJ too. All the villains will forget and so on.

So that way, when the college trilogy starts it's going to be a "fresh start" or clean slate, i.e. as familiar to Raimi's Spider-Man as possible. At college, Peter meets Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy or versions thereof. Flash Thompson by Tony Revolori might be there too, only for some reasons he's lost weight, and become buff and so on. Spider-Man will be a marginal figure again in the MCU, people will know he used to be the Avengers but the Avengers and SHIELD might also be like "Oh yeah, he was in that thing-with-the-thing, but gotta be straight, don't really know the guy". That will free up Spider-Man to do team-ups with FF, the X-Men and whoever else without really being tied to the Avengers in a way.

They were Iron Man's VA's in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble respectively.

Both basically did RDJ voices for Iron Man, but Loomis came off more memorably because he got better material and gave a more nuanced portrayal, although Wingert grew a little in the role in my opinion.

It wouldn't really be up to him after he was outed as a superhero.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets