Mighty Member

Default Some thoughts about 5G/YJ....

Hello,

I have some thougts about YJ/5G.

1. Legacy/History:

As far as I know Reign of Supermen happened WITHOUT Conner in this new timeline and IC also didnt happen or?
    Without (at least) these 2 Storylines Conner will have serious problems, because he will also be seen only as a new guy with the S.
    These 2 Storylines and also some other storylines, but particulary these 2 defined him and he became a legend because of his heroic death.
    IC also included his biggest feat with the Superboy Prime Fights.

Bart will work also without his past, but for Conner his past is crucial, it defined him.

I really dont hope that they just leave it out and make Conner live trough his teenage years again.

For Cassie it also incredible annoys me that they gave her the NEW52 Origin, instead of her Pre-Flashpoint Origin.
    The Pre-Flashpoint Situation was MORE interesting, because with Cassie as Zeus daughter and Diana as woman made out of clay it would have been maybe possible that Cassie would surpass Diana....

Power Level:

As far as I have seen Conner seems to be weaker than his Pre-Flashpoint Counterpart, while Jonathan will eventually surpass his father.

Cassie won relatively easy against Despero, so she seems to be powerful, BUT her Lasso lost the lightning ability, which I HATE, because it was very interesting and Dianas Lasso still has his powers.

I am not a fan of Jonathan being aged up.
    Now there are 3 kind of Superboys with the same age:

-Conner
    -Kenan Kong
    -Jonathan

Better would have been to let Conner,Cassie,Bart...age up normally until now 21, leave Jonathan at 13 and Kenan in the middle.

Conner with 21 years, Kenan with 17 and Jonathan with 13.

This would have given each Superboy his own age-class and so they could divide the storylines, instead of being all at the same age, which will cause problems and its also annoying and strange because they are all at the same age.

DC/Wonder Comics:

I dont understand the choice to put Conner,Cassie,Tim,Bart.. in the Wonder Comics Label.
    I hoped that they would come back older than before.

Damian,Jonathan and their team would have been a better choice for Wonder Comics.
    Their Teen Titans Team and SuperSons would have been perfect for the Wonder Comics.

Young Justice:

I dont understand the choice to bring them back as YJ.
    They had their time as YJ and I dont understand which sense it has to bring them back as YJ.

I see more potential for them with 21 years (as young adults) than as teenagers.
    They were long enough teenagers, in their solo-series,YJ,TT etc.

It would have also been better if Keli,Jinny etc. would have build up a team with Damian and Jonathan.
    Jonathan and Damian are relatively new in the Comics, so Storylines with them as Teenagers would be fresh and new.

5G:

I am not a fan of Clark,Diana,Bruce being replaced.
    I dont hope that they will split YJ by making Cassie being the new WW, because so they would split the team.

Jonathan can be the new Superman, BUT I hope that they will also age up Conner,bring IC back and give him also new look,make him more powerful etc.
    Conner has more potential as Jonathan to stand on his own feets and become a character on his own.

The "Black Zero" Version for example of him was cool, so Conner could take over this Code-Name.

Look:

I like that Conner is back to his old Outfit, BUT!! I dont like the body-size.
    I liked the Johns TT Superboy who was around 220 pounds or so.

Purpose of the Teams/Characters:

Jonathans Purpose seems to be clear.

I am anxious what Conners,Barts,Cassies,Tims future will be.
    I mean they have a rich and heroic past, but are now again teamed up with newcomers.
    I dont know what will happen with YJ-especially because they are a part of Wonder Comics.
    I really dont hope that they would only be there and be left out in the Main-Comics or are shown to be weaker than the new Generation with Damian,Jonathan...

My personal hope would have been:

After the amalgation of the 2 Supermen, I would have liked it the following way:

Reign of Supermen happened with Conner,IC also and Conner became a legend because of it, then Conner came back, but left Earth at some point.
    Then Jonathan was born and Clark told him stories about Conner and gave Jonathan then the Superboy Code-Name to honor Conner.

Conner seemed to be retgone in Superman Reborn, but presumably his history was restored - possibly thanks to Bart coming back, as it seems that he and Wally have the power to restore people's memories of the old continuity. Bart was always younger than the other three members on both YJ teams, so him being young is correct. The others do appear to have aged up, but only by a couple of years or so.

Incidentally, YJ wasn't going to happen until Bendis joined DC, so Conner's return wasn't intended to happen when Superman Reborn was published - they would've probably restored him then had Bendis been the one writing that arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conner seemed to be retgone in Superman Reborn, but presumably his history was restored - possibly thanks to Bart coming back, as it seems that he and Wally have the power to restore people's memories of the old continuity. Bart was always younger than the other three members on both YJ teams, so him being young is correct. The others do appear to have aged up, but only by a couple of years or so.

Incidentally, YJ wasn't going to happen until Bendis joined DC, so Conner's return wasn't intended to happen when Superman Reborn was published - they would've probably restored him then had Bendis been the one writing that arc.
    It doesnt matter if Bart ONLY RESTORES the memories.
    The problem is than still that Conner is not known by the people in the DC Universe, so he will be new for them.
    So at least Reign of Supermen and IC have to come back in the normal Timeline.

Conner,Cassie,Tim are DEFINETELY NOT AGED UP.
    I would even say that they are YOUNGER than at the END of Pre-Flashpoint.

Having Jonathan,Conner and Kenan at the same age its definetely a problem.